Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
This is why chastity is so necessary and so important, even beyond the context of faith. Chastity gives us the opportunity to get to know people for who they are rather than the pleasure they can give us, because pleasure will only sustain us for so long before a true yearning emerges in each of us to be with someone who understands our souls. However, God created us body and soul, so please don’t neglect or undermine the desires that stem from either of these natures! --From You're so attractive

Hello, all! Over the past few years, I've found a website (Chastity Project) with some great Christian advice for dating; I thought I'd share a few here, pulling out a paragraph from each one. Pray to God to let these resources help you & others, and stay open to whatever He tells you!

Here's one of the newest articles, showing that the complexity of dating is largely brought on by ourselves: Dating is not confusing

One question that always puzzled me when dating was: how will I know this is the one? I would pray to God to make this clear for me. And you know what? He did. When the right one came along, there was clarity. It was obvious. But I truly believe it was because my relationship with God was my first and foremost priority at that specific time. I wish I could say this was always the case, but it took me so long to cooperate with God and allow Him into my relationships. To take my concerns, plans, and hopes to Him in prayer and honestly ask Him what He thought. There was no confusion. But isn’t that the truth when it comes to our God?

This one applies an underused concept to dating: Virtue! How to Be a Virtuous Date - Chastity

Growing up my dad always told me love was a decision, which always sounded too mechanical and cold to be true. But as I grew in maturity, I learned that my dad was right. Love is more than a feeling. In fact, St. Thomas Aquinas reminds us that “love is willing (or shall I say “choosing”) the good for the other.”

Here's a short article that really clears up confusion regarding bad relationships: The Best Dating Advice I Ever Received - Chastity

When I was sixteen years old, a friend of mine gave me the best dating advice I’ve ever received. He told me, “Every dating relationship ends in one of two ways—you either get married or you break up. If you know the person that you are dating is not the person that you are going to marry, end the relationship immediately. Waiting to end the relationship simply delays the inevitable.”

The website also discusses "How far is too far?", discernment for marriage or religious life, inappropriate contentography, starting over, and so on. It's a great website to explore, I just find the dating articles most relevant for my life.

May God bless us all through this single life we live in!

dateanalpha

Feb 25, 2020
miami
✟15,511.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
This is why chastity is so necessary and so important, even beyond the context of faith. Chastity gives us the opportunity to get to know people for who they are rather than the pleasure they can give us, because pleasure will only sustain us for so long before a true yearning emerges in each of us to be with someone who understands our souls. However, God created us body and soul, so please don’t neglect or undermine the desires that stem from either of these natures! --From You're so attractive

Hello, all! Over the past few years, I've found a website (Chastity Project) with some great Christian advice for dating; I thought I'd share a few here, pulling out a paragraph from each one. Pray to God to let these resources help you & others, and stay open to whatever He tells you!

Here's one of the newest articles, showing that the complexity of dating is largely brought on by ourselves: Dating is not confusing

One question that always puzzled me when dating was: how will I know this is the one? I would pray to God to make this clear for me. And you know what? He did. When the right one came along, there was clarity. It was obvious. But I truly believe it was because my relationship with God was my first and foremost priority at that specific time. I wish I could say this was always the case, but it took me so long to cooperate with God and allow Him into my relationships. To take my concerns, plans, and hopes to Him in prayer and honestly ask Him what He thought. There was no confusion. But isn’t that the truth when it comes to our God?

This one applies an underused concept to dating: Virtue! How to Be a Virtuous Date - Chastity

Growing up my dad always told me love was a decision, which always sounded too mechanical and cold to be true. But as I grew in maturity, I learned that my dad was right. Love is more than a feeling. In fact, St. Thomas Aquinas reminds us that “love is willing (or shall I say “choosing”) the good for the other.”

Here's a short article that really clears up confusion regarding bad relationships: The Best Dating Advice I Ever Received - Chastity

When I was sixteen years old, a friend of mine gave me the best dating advice I’ve ever received. He told me, “Every dating relationship ends in one of two ways—you either get married or you break up. If you know the person that you are dating is not the person that you are going to marry, end the relationship immediately. Waiting to end the relationship simply delays the inevitable.”

The website also discusses "How far is too far?", discernment for marriage or religious life, inappropriate contentography, starting over, and so on. It's a great website to explore, I just find the dating articles most relevant for my life.

May God bless us all through this single life we live in!

The best dating advice I ever received article was a great read. I had my pastor give some similar advice years ago to me and it led me to meet the man of my dreams. I know that sounds cliche, but it's true and I couldn't be happier. Thanks for sharing!

Upvote 0

Unofficial Reverand Alex

Pray in silence...God speaks softly
Site Supporter
Dec 22, 2017
The Mystical Lands of Rural Indiana
Visit site
✟526,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
The best dating advice I ever received article was a great read. I had my pastor give some similar advice years ago to me and it led me to meet the man of my dreams. I know that sounds cliche, but it's true and I couldn't be happier. Thanks for sharing!
Glad to hear it! God willing, the same will happen to me, too, and everyone who finds such advice! :pray:

Upvote 0