Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I feel peace knowing my children will never hurt, because they will never be born.

The truth? Glad my parents didn't feel that way. I'd much rather have a shot at it all and deal with "unsafe", as opposed to never have experienced life...by far.

A: It is contrary to God's clear commands:

Genesis 1:28
God blessed them (A&E); and God said to them,
“Be fruitful and multiply,
and fill the earth, and subdue it;
Corinthians 7:7 through 9

I wish that all men were as I am. But each man has his own gift from God; one has this gift, another has that. 8Now to the unmarried and widows I say this: It is good for them to remain unmarried, as I am. 9But if they cannot control themselves, let them marry.

Reactions: MarleneJ
Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I see no reason to believe that God has given the same command to Bluerose31, or indeed to any of us living in the current era.

I think before Christ said otherwise, the command was for all of us. Or was it ever actually a command? I'll have to look into that.

Upvote 0

Bluerose31

Christian Flower
Site Supporter
Mar 27, 2017
US
✟419,338.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Living a life based on fear is not much of a life. I know that I
have had enough of it in my life. You're looking for a hiding
place, which is what God is, but you aren't trusting Him to
keep his word.
You are right Pat. I will try and trust him more.

Reactions: MarleneJ
Upvote 0

Bluerose31

Christian Flower
Site Supporter
Mar 27, 2017
US
✟419,338.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The truth? Glad my parents didn't feel that way. I'd much rather have a shot at it all and deal with "unsafe", as opposed to never have experienced life...by far.

I wish that all men were as I am. But each man has his own gift from God; one has this gift, another has that. 8Now to the unmarried and widows I say this: It is good for them to remain unmarried, as I am. 9But if they cannot control themselves, let them marry.
Thank you for sharing this Kenny.

• Friendly
Reactions: Kenny'sID
Upvote 0

AlexDTX

Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2015
✟328,934.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I am a Christian Antinatalist. I do not want to be married for several reasons but one is that I do not want to have children. I feel that the world is not a safe place and I do not want to bring children into the world. I think children are beautiful but because of what I have experienced in life it shows me that life is not a safe place and not compassionate. I feel peace knowing my children will never hurt, because they will never be born. I have experienced alot of pain in my life and I don't feel life is good. I long for heaven and I long for being safe and healed in God's heaven. Antinatlism is just the philosophy that it is better not to have children because life is unsafe. Has anyone decided not to have children for similar reasons? What are your opinions of Christian Antinatalism?
Then you are making Satan very happy.

Upvote 0

AlexDTX

Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2015
✟328,934.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Geez, how is that?
Satan does not want Christians procreating. The unregenerate nature is already satanic, families that would increase the new birth are his bane.

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Satan does not want Christians procreating. The unregenerate nature is already satanic, families that would increase the new birth are his bane.

I'll repeat what Christ said and I seriously doubt Christ is in cahoots with Satan. :)

Reactions: Emli
Upvote 0

AlexDTX

Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2015
✟328,934.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'll repeat what Christ said and I seriously doubt Christ is in cahoots with Satan. :)

Paul said that, not Jesus.

1Co 7:6 But I speak this by permission, and not of commandment.
1Co 7:12 But to the rest speak I, not the Lord:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Swan7

Made in the image of His Grace
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2014
Forever Summer
✟435,986.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Oh boy....

The Bible is God-inspired. God saw fit to include Apostle Paul's letters. What Paul writes and what Jesus has said should be looked at very carefully because on the surface, it does indeed look like they contradict - when it actually doesn't in context.

Anyway, back to the OP and staying on topic.

I used to think like this too, but getting into a closer relationship with God made me realize my errors in that. It's true, I have experienced many negative things, but so did the apostles and children of God. I'm no longer afraid of what the "world" will throw at me because I fear God much more. Even though I believe in God, I did deny His power by having this fear for children in this world. I hope all this makes sense and encourages you, @Bluerose31 :yellowheart:
God is much bigger than the worries/giants of the world.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

1Co 7:6 But I speak this by permission, and not of commandment.
1Co 7:12 But to the rest speak I, not the Lord:

Does that make it any less true, or at the very least, make you question your harsh comment towards the OP?

Upvote 0

Emli

Growing daughter of God
Site Supporter
Mar 2, 2017
Sweden
✟208,889.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
I have chosen to stay celibate, and I agree with Paul, it is better if you want to focus solely on God and the Kingdom, which I definitely do.
But I have been tested and tempted sexually since I decided that, and that was all to see whether I would actually be comfortable living this way. And I am, and I believe that Jesus will keep me strong in Him, and keep me from falling, because He has given me confirmation that it is His will for me. And He has blessed me a lot so far.

But this has nothing to do with children. It is a very good thing to stay celibate, if it's done for the right reason, which is to be closer to Christ. But to do it just to remain childless would not be the right reason. Because your choice is not made out of love for God, but out of fear of the world and fear of man, and not only does that show that you have a lack of trust for the Lord, but that is actually a sin. We are supposed to fear no evil. We must trust that everything is in God's control, that He will protect us and our children, if that is His will, and that He will redeem every bad thing that happens to us, if that is His will.

If you do feel called to stay celibate for Christ and His Kingdom, then I say good for you. But take this advice from someone who has actually made this choice, talk to God about it. The choice must be made in love and trust, and in faith, and according to His will, and not done in fear, nor for selfish reasons, as with every choice we make.

I hope that helps. :) Godbless!

Upvote 0

Willing-heart

In Christ Alone.
Site Supporter
Sep 24, 2017
Gloucester
Visit site
✟221,662.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Where do people come up with all these silly names? I am a Christian blah blah blah... You are a Christian. Period! Nothing more or less. There is a saying, "A ship is safe at shore but that is not what it was made for." Do you know why parents teach their kids to look both left and right when crossing the road? It's because they know they are going to go it alone one day. I think it's really sad that we are often trying to tell God - this how it works. Children are gift from the Lord, they are not even yours but God gives us the responsibility to look train them up in His way so when they grow up they will not depart from it.

• Agree
Reactions: Thir7ySev3n
Upvote 0

salt-n-light

Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2017
Rosedale
✟165,859.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
I am a Christian Antinatalist. I do not want to be married for several reasons but one is that I do not want to have children. I feel that the world is not a safe place and I do not want to bring children into the world. I think children are beautiful but because of what I have experienced in life it shows me that life is not a safe place and not compassionate. I feel peace knowing my children will never hurt, because they will never be born. I have experienced alot of pain in my life and I don't feel life is good. I long for heaven and I long for being safe and healed in God's heaven. Antinatlism is just the philosophy that it is better not to have children because life is unsafe. Has anyone decided not to have children for similar reasons? What are your opinions of Christian Antinatalism?

Funny thing, I was listening to a sermon on singleness. It brought me to tears. I too feel weary with the thought of marriage, of birthing kids in this world, and even the church has put so much pressure on it. But this sermon, has open my eyes to the testament and gift of singleness.

One of the major takeaways, is that you give birth both in singledom and marriage. Marriage testifies of physical birthing and singledom speaks of spiritual birthing. When you are married your birthing kids for your husband. When you are single and walking with God and witnessing, you are producing children for the bridegroom. Think about it, when you are going out into the world making disciplines, you are making them into children of God.They are being born again. With both,you are aiding the birth and nurturing of someone in a fallen world.

Im pretty sure God understand your situation, since he's literally seeing us struggle.

Both singleness and marriage is a gift. There's a testament to God when you are single, just as much as a testament to God in marriage. Know that you will be birthing and nurturing someone from both, whether its physical or spiritual.It may not be your own, but maybe it could be someone that you are accounting for. So having a term like Christian Antinatlism, is making that fear of such responsibility a philosophy. Not saying all this to encourage you to solve anything by stop fearing having kids, or just be single, but to challenge you to think about the deeper concerns you may have about the fear of being a factor of potential hurt from someone you are nurturing, or the fear of them being hurt beyond your control.

Just as we were called from the beginning through physical marriage of man and woman to be fruitful and multiply, we are called as a church in marriage to the Bridegroom, to be fruitful and multiply spiritually.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Funny thing, I was listening to a sermon on singleness. It brought me to tears. I too feel weary with the thought of marriage, of birthing kids in this world, and even the church has put so much pressure on it. But this sermon, has open my eyes to the testament and gift of singleness.

One of the major takeaways, is that you give birth both in singledom and marriage. Marriage testifies of physical birthing and singledom speaks of spiritual birthing. When you are married your birthing kids for your husband. When you are single and walking with God and witnessing, you are producing children for the bridegroom. Think about it, when you are going out into the world making disciplines, you are making them into children of God.They are being born again. With both,you are aiding the birth and nurturing of someone in a fallen world.

Im pretty sure God understand your situation, since he's literally seeing us struggle.

Both singleness and marriage is a gift. There's a testament to God when you are single, just as much as a testament to God in marriage. Know that you will be birthing and nurturing someone from both, whether its physical or spiritual.It may not be your own, but maybe it could be someone that you are accounting for. So having a term like Christian Antinatlism, is making that fear a philosophy. Not saying all this to encourage you to solve anything by stop fearing having kids, or just be single, but to challenge you to think about the deeper concerns you may have about the fear of being a factor of potential hurt from someone you are nurturing, or the fear of them being hurt.
Some good points.

John 15 is all about abiding in the vine and being fruitful.

Some Christians can't seem to get beyond the idea of being fruitful with their bodies through offspring.

But as you point out, we can be very fruitful for God while abstaining from marriage and its gender activities.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

nonaeroterraqueous

Nonexistent Member
Aug 16, 2014
✟188,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
I feel peace knowing my children will never hurt, because they will never be born.

It goes further than that. They will never hurt, because there's no such thing as your children. You're not saving anyone from anything. You can't save what does not exist.

Antinatlism is just the philosophy that it is better not to have children because life is unsafe.

You're right. It is unsafe. Noah was righteous, but how many of his descendants will see Heaven? Take any righteous person in the Bible, and you have the majority of their offspring falling away from the faith.

It's physically unsafe. It's emotionally unsafe. Yet, people continued to have children through some of the hardest of times, otherwise we would be extinct by now. I'm always amazed at what horrors a society can undergo, yet keep right on having children.

Has anyone decided not to have children for similar reasons? What are your opinions of Christian Antinatalism?

My wife and I decided not to have children. I swore to God when I was a kid that I wouldn't put anyone else through what I went through. It wasn't worth it. I don't care if the whole species does go extinct (It won't). It does seem like there are only three kinds of children: those who bully, those who get bullied, and those who stand around and do nothing about it. Yeah, I'm not interested in making any more of that.

God's will marches on. No one really has a say in who comes into the world. Only God decides life and only God decides death. No one is born a Christian. You can't make more by having babies. We can plan and scheme as we might, but God's will manages to happen in spite of us.

You have chosen not to birth another unsaved soul. Now use your free time to reach the unsaved who are already born.

Upvote 0

Emli

Growing daughter of God
Site Supporter
Mar 2, 2017
Sweden
✟208,889.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate

Both singleness and marriage is a gift. There's a testament to God when you are single, just as much as a testament to God in marriage. Know that you will be birthing and nurturing someone from both, whether its physical or spiritual.It may not be your own, but maybe it could be someone that you are accounting for. So having a term like Christian Antinatlism, is making that fear a philosophy. Not saying all this to encourage you to solve anything by stop fearing having kids, or just be single, but to challenge you to think about the deeper concerns you may have about the fear of being a factor of potential hurt from someone you are nurturing, or the fear of them being hurt.
Very well spoken.

Upvote 0

derpytia

Compassion.
Site Supporter
Feb 22, 2016
United States
✟287,998.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
I wouldn't say that I am anti-natal. But I have also made the choice to just not have children because of the evil in the world and because I don't think I would be able to be a good mother to a child. Even if I was in a loving, godly marriage I don't think I'd be able to raise a child up well. I'm already awkward and sometimes annoyed around small children and I have various mental and physical health issues that prevent me from being at my best every day (something that children need and expect from their mothers) and coming from a family that has seen more divorces and bad parents than anything else, I don't have any experience with what makes a good family/parent. I'd ultimately fail a child.

Marriage is another story that I won't get to here.

My take? I think everything is in God's hands and I don't think He will be angry with you for deciding to remain celibate and not have children. Use your freedom to do as He commanded, to proclaim Christ to others and do His work in the world. :)

Upvote 0

Bluerose31

Christian Flower
Site Supporter
Mar 27, 2017
US
✟419,338.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
It goes further than that. They will never hurt, because there's no such thing as your children. You're not saving anyone from anything. You can't save what does not exist.

You're right. It is unsafe. Noah was righteous, but how many of his descendants will see Heaven? Take any righteous person in the Bible, and you have the majority of their offspring falling away from the faith.

It's physically unsafe. It's emotionally unsafe. Yet, people continued to have children through some of the hardest of times, otherwise we would be extinct by now. I'm always amazed at what horrors a society can undergo, yet keep right on having children.

My wife and I decided not to have children. I swore to God when I was a kid that I wouldn't put anyone else through what I went through. It wasn't worth it. I don't care if the whole species does go extinct (It won't). It does seem like there are only three kinds of children: those who bully, those who get bullied, and those who stand around and do nothing about it. Yeah, I'm not interested in making any more of that.

God's will marches on. No one really has a say in who comes into the world. Only God decides life and only God decides death. No one is born a Christian. You can't make more by having babies. We can plan and scheme as we might, but God's will manages to happen in spite of us.

You have chosen not to birth another unsaved soul. Now use your free time to reach the unsaved who are already born.
Thank you for sharing that you and your wife decided not to have children. I feel the same. Thank you for your words.

Upvote 0

HenryM

Dec 21, 2016
ZXC
✟32,716.00
Country
Bangladesh
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

Aside from Paul writing inspired words that it's ok not to marry, which others have posted, Jesus also directly says it. Athough he technically speaks of men, we can conclude that this can apply to women too:

"All cannot accept this saying, but only those to whom it has been given: For there are eunuchs who were born thus from their mother’s womb, and there are eunuchs who were made eunuchs by men, and there are eunuchs who have made themselves eunuchs for the kingdom of heaven’s sake. He who is able to accept it, let him accept it." (Matthew 19:11)

Last edited:
Reactions: Bluerose31
Upvote 0