US
✟419,338.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I am a Christian Antinatalist. I do not want to be married for several reasons but one is that I do not want to have children. I feel that the world is not a safe place and I do not want to bring children into the world. I think children are beautiful but because of what I have experienced in life it shows me that life is not a safe place and not compassionate. I feel peace knowing my children will never hurt, because they will never be born. I have experienced alot of pain in my life and I don't feel life is good. I long for heaven and I long for being safe and healed in God's heaven. Antinatlism is just the philosophy that it is better not to have children because life is unsafe. Has anyone decided not to have children for similar reasons? What are your opinions of Christian Antinatalism?

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Do you have the charismatic gift of celibacy?

Matt 19.10 The disciples *said to Him, “If the relationship of the man with his wife is like this, it is better not to marry.” 11 But He said to them, “Not all men can accept this statement, but only those to whom it has been given."​

Upvote 0

Ron Gurley

What U See is What U Get!
Supporter
Sep 22, 2015
Baton Rouge, LA
Visit site
✟87,895.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
OP: Q: "What are your opinions of Christian Anti-natalism (against having children?)?

A: It is contrary to God's clear commands:

Genesis 1:28
God blessed them (A&E); and God said to them,
“Be fruitful and multiply,
and fill the earth, and subdue it;

Genesis 9:1,7[ Covenant of the Rainbow ]
And God blessed Noah and his sons and said to them, “Be fruitful and multiply, and fill the earth....
“As for you, be fruitful and multiply; Populate the earth abundantly and multiply in it.”

Genesis 35:11
God also said to him (Israel), “I am God Almighty; Be fruitful and multiply; A nation and a company of nations shall come from you, And kings shall come forth from you.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Living Soul

Aug 28, 2017
New England
✟21,054.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
1 Corinthians 7:32-40
I want you to be free from anxieties. The unmarried man is anxious about the things of the Lord, how to please the Lord. But the married man is anxious about worldly things, how to please his wife, and his interests are divided. And the unmarried or betrothed woman is anxious about the things of the Lord, how to be holy in body and spirit. But the married woman is anxious about worldly things, how to please her husband. I say this for your own benefit, not to lay any restraint upon you, but to promote good order and to secure your undivided devotion to the Lord. If anyone thinks that he is not behaving properly toward his betrothed, if his passions are strong, and it has to be, let him do as he wishes: let them marry—it is no sin.

1 Corinthians 7:2
But because of the temptation to sexual immorality, each man should have his own wife and each woman her own husband.

Hopefully these few verses are relevant to your topic Bluerose31. My understanding is that God is fine with you remaining celibate, but your life will very likely be full of sexually immoral sin and constant repentance without taking a spouse. My advice is simply to marry someone, and let God decide if the world is too dangerous for you to have children.

Praying for God to give you the wisdom you need to make a decision about marriage and kids in your life.

Reactions: Swan7
Upvote 0

PloverWing

Episcopalian
May 5, 2012
New Jersey
✟332,494.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
It's contrary to the commands God gave to four particular individuals: Adam, Eve, Noah, and Jacob. Adam and Eve were at the beginning of humankind, Noah was at humankind's rebirth after the flood, and Jacob was at the beginning of the nation of Israel, all special points in history.

I see no reason to believe that God has given the same command to Bluerose31, or indeed to any of us living in the current era.

Upvote 0

Bluerose31

Christian Flower
Supporter
Mar 27, 2017
US
✟419,338.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Do you have the charismatic gift of celibacy?

Matt 19.10 The disciples *said to Him, “If the relationship of the man with his wife is like this, it is better not to marry.” 11 But He said to them, “Not all men can accept this statement, but only those to whom it has been given."​
Hi Dave :) Thank you for mentioning this. I feel I may have the charismatic gift of celibacy.

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hi Dave :) Thank you for mentioning this. I feel I may have the charismatic gift of celibacy.
Why do you think that? What signs do you have?

Upvote 0

Bluerose31

Christian Flower
Supporter
Mar 27, 2017
US
✟419,338.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
OP: Q: "What are your opinions of Christian Anti-natalism (against sireing children?)?

Genesis 1:28
God blessed them (A&E); and God said to them,
“Be fruitful and multiply,
and fill the earth, and subdue it;

Genesis 9:1,7[ Covenant of the Rainbow ]
And God blessed Noah and his sons and said to them, “Be fruitful and multiply, and fill the earth....
“As for you, be fruitful and multiply; Populate the earth abundantly and multiply in it.”

Genesis 35:11
God also said to him (Israel), “I am God Almighty; Be fruitful and multiply; A nation and a company of nations shall come from you, And kings shall come forth from you.
These are good points. I think I just am aware how damaged the world is at this point and it scares me that a child of mine could suffer terribly even if I protect them. Something horrific could happen to them and I might not be able to heal them.

• Agree
Reactions: Dave G.
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Bluerose31

Christian Flower
Supporter
Mar 27, 2017
US
✟419,338.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
1 Corinthians 7:32-40
I want you to be free from anxieties. The unmarried man is anxious about the things of the Lord, how to please the Lord. But the married man is anxious about worldly things, how to please his wife, and his interests are divided. And the unmarried or betrothed woman is anxious about the things of the Lord, how to be holy in body and spirit. But the married woman is anxious about worldly things, how to please her husband. I say this for your own benefit, not to lay any restraint upon you, but to promote good order and to secure your undivided devotion to the Lord. If anyone thinks that he is not behaving properly toward his betrothed, if his passions are strong, and it has to be, let him do as he wishes: let them marry—it is no sin.

1 Corinthians 7:2
But because of the temptation to sexual immorality, each man should have his own wife and each woman her own husband.

Hopefully these few verses are relevant to your topic Bluerose31. My understanding is that God is fine with you remaining celibate, but your life will very likely be full of sexually immoral sin and constant repentance without taking a spouse. My advice is simply to marry someone, and let God decide if the world is too dangerous for you to have children.

Praying for God to give you the wisdom you need to make a decision about marriage and kids in your life.
Thank you for sharing this :) God bless you.

• Friendly
Reactions: Living Soul
Upvote 0

Bluerose31

Christian Flower
Supporter
Mar 27, 2017
US
✟419,338.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
It's contrary to the commands God gave to four particular individuals: Adam, Eve, Noah, and Jacob. Adam and Eve were at the beginning of humankind, Noah was at humankind's rebirth after the flood, and Jacob was at the beginning of the nation of Israel, all special points in history.

I see no reason to believe that God has given the same command to Bluerose31, or indeed to any of us living in the current era.
Thank you for sharing this.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Ron Gurley

What U See is What U Get!
Supporter
Sep 22, 2015
Baton Rouge, LA
Visit site
✟87,895.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
John 16:21
Whenever a woman is in labor she has pain, because her hour has come; but when she gives birth to the child, she no longer remembers the anguish because of the joy that a child has been born into the world.

Psalm 127:3
Behold, children are a gift of the Lord, The fruit of the womb is a reward.

Matthew 6:34
“So do not worry about tomorrow; for tomorrow will care for itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.

Luke 12:25
And which of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life’s span?

WORRY is a SIN!

Proverbs 3:5-6
Trust in the Lord with all your heart And do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He will make your paths straight.

Reactions: Bluerose31
Upvote 0

Bluerose31

Christian Flower
Supporter
Mar 27, 2017
US
✟419,338.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
John 16:21
Whenever a woman is in labor she has pain, because her hour has come; but when she gives birth to the child, she no longer remembers the anguish because of the joy that a child has been born into the world.

Psalm 127:3
Behold, children are a gift of the Lord, The fruit of the womb is a reward.

Matthew 6:34
“So do not worry about tomorrow; for tomorrow will care for itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.

Luke 12:25
And which of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life’s span?

WORRY is a SIN!

Proverbs 3:5-6
Trust in the Lord with all your heart And do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He will make your paths straight.
Thank you for your words Ron.

Upvote 0

pat34lee

Messianic
Sep 13, 2011
Florida, USA
✟89,330.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
I am a Christian Antinatalist. I do not want to be married for several reasons but one is that I do not want to have children. I feel that the world is not a safe place and I do not want to bring children into the world. I think children are beautiful but because of what I have experienced in life it shows me that life is not a safe place and not compassionate. I feel peace knowing my children will never hurt, because they will never be born. I have experienced alot of pain in my life and I don't feel life is good. I long for heaven and I long for being safe and healed in God's heaven. Antinatlism is just the philosophy that it is better not to have children because life is unsafe. Has anyone decided not to have children for similar reasons? What are your opinions of Christian Antinatalism?

Living a life based on fear is not much of a life. I know that I
have had enough of it in my life. You're looking for a hiding
place, which is what God is, but you aren't trusting Him to
keep his word.

• Friendly
Reactions: fat wee robin
Upvote 0