Visit site
✟87,683.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I am currently writing a Christian book for teens but would like to have it published as an anime series. My daughter loves drawing anime and I am currently trying to find a bribe big enough for her to spend time designing the characters in the story. I've got the animation software and everything waiting to go.

But it is a labour of love I've been neglecting lately due to work commitments offline

Upvote 0

Bluerose31

Christian Flower
Site Supporter
Mar 27, 2017
US
✟419,338.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I am currently writing a Christian book for teens but would like to have it published as an anime series. My daughter loves drawing anime and I am currently trying to find a bribe big enough for her to spend time designing the characters in the story. I've got the animation software and everything waiting to go.

But it is a labour of love I've been neglecting lately due to work commitments offline
Very neat!

Upvote 0

Lotuspetal_uk

Say 'CHEESE!!!!'
Jan 26, 2003
Good Ole' Blighty!
Visit site
✟87,683.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Very neat!
Thank you! It was actually my daughter who inspired me with this. When she was younger (around 8) she complained about how there were no children's cartoons in the style of anime which had a Christian message/theme. She loved the artistry but was put off by the actual stories. When I originally started this we were talking about how technology will be different by the time she is an adult and how the world's attitudes would be towards religion.

She's 14 now and loves reading Manga, plus watching Anime. She even had me hooked on Aldnoah Zero at one point :D

So it would be totally awesome if your stories eventually get turned into some kind of Christian anime series as I reckon there's quite an audience for it :)

Upvote 0

Ironhold

Feb 14, 2014
✟201,967.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Single
ive looked for it some

I ask as in my experience it's not been that hard to locate.

Superbook - Wikipedia

"Superbook" has been a thing since 1981, when the series first aired in Japan. The original series was run and re-run on various "Christian" television stations until sometime last decade, at which point CBN commissioned a new version.

The 1980s also saw other efforts to begin production of animated religious stories on both sides of the Pacific, efforts that have been continuing since. You even have entire companies like Nest -> Nest Family Entertainment - Wikipedia -> that exist solely for "Christian" and "family" entertainment.

As far as books go, ask your local bookstore or take a trip to an online retailer if you don't have any left. "Manga" Bibles are a dime a dozen these days, material from defunct publisher RealBuzz Studios is still floating around, and IIRC there are a few other publishers as well who might still be in it.

So yeah, with as common as it is I'm legitimately surprised to hear that people are having issues finding any.

Reactions: Bluerose31
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ForeverEternal

Forever dreaming, forever wishing
Nov 8, 2016
USA
✟18,906.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Well, I'm working on a children's fantasy book. I think the appropriate art style would manga, since that's what I've always loved and I think it would be great if there were more manga with Christian allegory! I hope if it's successful enough it can get a anime series.

ive looked for it some

Hey! You might enjoy Haibane Renmai! :) It's a sweet and soft story, that gets a little darker over time. It's kind of slow and there's a lot of talking, but the emotion is there and the character development is good. It got good reviews on MyAnimeList. There's nothing objectionable in it, although, I haven't watched it in a while. Though from what I hear and have seen is it's a good series and some Christians can find Biblical values in it :)

Can someone give me a review on Haibane Renmei?

Upvote 0

Bluerose31

Christian Flower
Site Supporter
Mar 27, 2017
US
✟419,338.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Well, I'm working on a children's fantasy book. I think the appropriate art style would manga, since that's what I've always loved and I think it would be great if there were more manga with Christian allegory! I hope if it's successful enough it can get a anime series.

Hey! You might enjoy Haibane Renmai! :) It's a sweet and soft story, that gets a little darker over time. It's kind of slow and there's a lot of talking, but the emotion is there and the character development is good. It got good reviews on MyAnimeList. There's nothing objectionable in it, although, I haven't watched it in a while. Though from what I hear and have seen is it's a good series and some Christians can find Biblical values in it :)

Can someone give me a review on Haibane Renmei?
That sounds great :) Thank you for telling me about it.

Upvote 0

Sailorlyoko4life

Aug 30, 2017
Nappanee
✟15,213.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Hi there! I am an actress who loves doing voice over for animation and cartoons, and i also love writing stories and developing charters, plots, relations, ect. I don't have the software or the talent for drawing unfortunately, but if i can lend a hand in any way please let me know!!

Reactions: Lotuspetal_uk
Upvote 0

Bluerose31

Christian Flower
Site Supporter
Mar 27, 2017
US
✟419,338.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hi there! I am an actress who loves doing voice over for animation and cartoons, and i also love writing stories and developing charters, plots, relations, ect. I don't have the software or the talent for drawing unfortunately, but if i can lend a hand in any way please let me know!!
That is amazing that you have those talents! I think that is beautiful :) I only write Christian anime. I do not know how to produce it in animations and shows.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Lotuspetal_uk

Say 'CHEESE!!!!'
Jan 26, 2003
Good Ole' Blighty!
Visit site
✟87,683.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I ask as in my experience it's not been that hard to locate.

Superbook - Wikipedia

"Superbook" has been a thing since 1981, when the series first aired in Japan. The original series was run and re-run on various "Christian" television stations until sometime last decade, at which point CBN commissioned a new version.

The 1980s also saw other efforts to begin production of animated religious stories on both sides of the Pacific, efforts that have been continuing since. You even have entire companies like Nest -> Nest Family Entertainment - Wikipedia -> that exist solely for "Christian" and "family" entertainment.

As far as books go, ask your local bookstore or take a trip to an online retailer if you don't have any left. "Manga" Bibles are a dime a dozen these days, material from defunct publisher RealBuzz Studios is still floating around, and IIRC there are a few other publishers as well who might still be in it.

So yeah, with as common as it is I'm legitimately surprised to hear that people are having issues finding any.
I like Superbook, however my daughter on the other hand stopped watching it by the time she was 10.

On the run of the mill anime sources though she says it's quite lacking.

If you can offer any more Bible based or Christian anime that would be great! :thumbsup:

Reactions: Bluerose31
Upvote 0

Lotuspetal_uk

Say 'CHEESE!!!!'
Jan 26, 2003
Good Ole' Blighty!
Visit site
✟87,683.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
That's awesome to hear and good to know - years ago I was going to ask for volunteers on CF to do voice overs for me. There was also a website where actors and actresses did not for profit voice overs but the name escapes me right now. Then work commitments took over offline. I was in the car this morning and this was on my heart again to do, so who knows :)

I originally wanted local British accents but realised very quickly that it may not be as easily or possible than say an American accent for English.

Like you I am not an artist beyond stick people, so as a result I remember I prayed to the Lord saying, "but I don't know how to draw manga" and got back "who said you were going to draw it?" LOL

A free software called Synfig Studio has been really popular for doing 2D anime but is quite a learning curve to get your head around.

If you guys do manage to get anything out there I have a typical teen at home here who can review it for you :)

Upvote 0

Ironhold

Feb 14, 2014
✟201,967.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Single
I like Superbook, however my daughter on the other hand stopped watching it by the time she was 10.

On the run of the mill anime sources though she says it's quite lacking.

If you can offer any more Bible based or Christian anime that would be great! :thumbsup:

The main problem with seeking for material that was specifically produced in Japan is that Christianity is still effectively a minority religion there.

As a consequence, the average rank-and-file Japanese person knows about as much about Christianity as the average American does about Shinto or Buddhism.

What this means is that while there are a lot of actual Japanese productions that involve Christianity and Christian concepts to some extent, very few could be considered "Christian" in nature. For the rest? Best-case scenario is that they're using Christian concepts as window dressing for something else (such as, say, a number of series in which various religious groups are supporting monster / demon hunters), while worst-case scenario is that your average rank-and-file Christian would be appalled by what they saw.

There are Christian creative talents in Japan, but apparently they're few enough and far enough between that from what I've seen they haven't been able to nudge their respective industries forward enough to where another "Superbook" could happen organically; we'd probably need another third party getting involved.

Upvote 0

Lotuspetal_uk

Say 'CHEESE!!!!'
Jan 26, 2003
Good Ole' Blighty!
Visit site
✟87,683.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
The main problem with seeking for material that was specifically produced in Japan is that Christianity is still effectively a minority religion there.

As a consequence, the average rank-and-file Japanese person knows about as much about Christianity as the average American does about Shinto or Buddhism.

What this means is that while there are a lot of actual Japanese productions that involve Christianity and Christian concepts to some extent, very few could be considered "Christian" in nature. For the rest? Best-case scenario is that they're using Christian concepts as window dressing for something else (such as, say, a number of series in which various religious groups are supporting monster / demon hunters), while worst-case scenario is that your average rank-and-file Christian would be appalled by what they saw.

There are Christian creative talents in Japan, but apparently they're few enough and far enough between that from what I've seen they haven't been able to nudge their respective industries forward enough to where another "Superbook" could happen organically; we'd probably need another third party getting involved.
So true. I guess this could be where the Lord has placed this on so many hearts here in the West to dig into home grown talent who can draw Manga really well, those who are gifted with voiceovers, etc but who also are New Creations and know how to narrate a story with a faith based background. Basically they have a love for anime and are familiar enough with it to get the artistic style just right so that it can appeal to a younger target audience.

I have a couple of years while my dd completes her exams, but I am hoping that she would be willing to provide the artistic landscape and character styles while I deal with the animation software.

I feel so blessed to be discussing this with you guys here because it has re-ignited this heart's desire of mine to press onwards and make this happen. :thumbsup:

Upvote 0