Houston
✟7,773.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
There are many things to say, but I will try to keep it concise.
I have dated my BF for 8 years, beginning my sophomore year of high school, and I am now in graduate school. The cheating has been going on for the last 5 months, but has ended.

My BF and I are both Christians, and I am feeling convicted to tell him, especially because we are planning to get engaged soon. I am torn apart by my sin. I do not deserve to have my BF. He is the biggest blessing of my life. I know I have to tell him before he buys a ring, but how? I want to marry him, but I do not know if he will be able to forgive me.

dayhiker

Mature veteran
Sep 13, 2006
MA
✟220,077.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
That is a touch one. Telling can be a way of relieving ones own guilt. It usually makes the one cheated on feel really bad. Not a very loving thing to do: transfer your pain to him.
But keeping your action a secret could turn out at some point to undermine trust between the two of you.

Upvote 0

Elliewaves

Untouchable internet saint
Dec 18, 2011
✟100,537.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Engaged
If you are planning on entering into further commitment with your b/f, you should tell him. You have to be honest with someone you are planning to marry. It is a risk, but what if you marry and he finds out later on? His trust in you will be shot and he might think you will do it again with more at stake. Marriage deserves a foundation of trust.

Upvote 0