• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

Christ vouched, for your works,, on the cross (selah)

Discussion in 'General Theology' started by Gottservant, Jul 11, 2021.

How many works do you think Jesus vouched for, on the cross, for you?

1. Enough to justify joy in them

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. More than a little of a kind with which I am familiar

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. A number I am working on now

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Whatever it took to add to my reward in Heaven

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Whatever it took to strengthen my relationship with Him

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. It remains a mystery

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. It's not about numbers, my works already justify me

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Gottservant

Gottservant God loves your words, may men love them also Supporter

+534
    Messianic
    Hi there,

So we know that Jesus said "Forgive them Father, for they know not what they do" on the Cross, but what we understand little of, is that Christ mixed this with faith, even as He died. Christ knew He was not trying to save the righteous, but that righteousness be fulfilled, He ensured that utterance to God, made a way for the faithful to become righteous - that is, through faith in the Cross. As He said "if you don't believe me, believe my works".

The point is, the faith Christ had in the Cross, was extended to all who would join Him, in Righteousness - fully knowing that in sin, there was none - and how? Knowing that the works of confession would lead the way, from those who presumed themselves to be righteous to those who knew they were dead in sin (to those who were sold into sin): Christ effectively vouched for all who would come to faith, small or great. Now you have a burden, over your life, to be one of those whom Christ vouchsafed. Your works preceed you.

The works of the Devil, were destroyed. Christ made a way for righteous works, since the works He vouched for were righteous - now you have a noble calling, you have righteous works to work, whether in Heaven or on Earth, all of it for Him. There is power yet to come, which you must ask for, but it is there nevertheless, precisely because the works Christ vouched for on your behalf are righteous works. God Himself, will complete them, in you - as one of the letters attest "He who began a work in you, will complete it in Christ Jesus" (from memory).

Among each other then, we have a reputation, that the measure with which we do our work, be known that others who join us in our righteous work, may do it righteously with us, also.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2021
    We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?