How many works do you think Jesus vouched for, on the cross, for you?

• Enough to justify joy in them

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • More than a little of a kind with which I am familiar

• A number I am working on now

• Whatever it took to add to my reward in Heaven

• Whatever it took to strengthen my relationship with Him

• It remains a mystery

• It's not about numbers, my works already justify me

• Total voters

Gottservant

God loves your words, may men love them also
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2006
✟276,687.00
Faith
Messianic
Hi there,

So we know that Jesus said "Forgive them Father, for they know not what they do" on the Cross, but what we understand little of, is that Christ mixed this with faith, even as He died. Christ knew He was not trying to save the righteous, but that righteousness be fulfilled, He ensured that utterance to God, made a way for the faithful to become righteous - that is, through faith in the Cross. As He said "if you don't believe me, believe my works".

The point is, the faith Christ had in the Cross, was extended to all who would join Him, in Righteousness - fully knowing that in sin, there was none - and how? Knowing that the works of confession would lead the way, from those who presumed themselves to be righteous to those who knew they were dead in sin (to those who were sold into sin): Christ effectively vouched for all who would come to faith, small or great. Now you have a burden, over your life, to be one of those whom Christ vouchsafed. Your works preceed you.

The works of the Devil, were destroyed. Christ made a way for righteous works, since the works He vouched for were righteous - now you have a noble calling, you have righteous works to work, whether in Heaven or on Earth, all of it for Him. There is power yet to come, which you must ask for, but it is there nevertheless, precisely because the works Christ vouched for on your behalf are righteous works. God Himself, will complete them, in you - as one of the letters attest "He who began a work in you, will complete it in Christ Jesus" (from memory).

Among each other then, we have a reputation, that the measure with which we do our work, be known that others who join us in our righteous work, may do it righteously with us, also.

Christ can never refuse, the works His vouchsafing justified (selah)

Last edited: