✟598,287.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
CHRIST THE MEDIATOR (Rev. 10)

We have just looked at Christ initiate the release of the 7 trumpets for purification of Israel & for the judgment of the Nations. These take place over the full 7 years of the Tribulation bringing great horror & devastation. Yet even amid the judgments there is deliverance for Israel & those who turn to God.

Christ is now revealed to us as the great Mediator, the One who is the covenant between God & man, who gave His life to reconcile man back to God.

`For there is one God & one mediator between God & men,
the Man Christ Jesus,
who gave Himself a ransom for all...`
(1 Tim. 2: 5 & 6)

The word mediator refers to one who stands in the midst of two parties who are out of accord with each other, with the intent of bringing harmony through reconciliation.

Mediate – Gk. word `mesites,` meaning go-between, reconciler, intercessor, mediator.

God told Israel that He would make a New Covenant with them & that He would be merciful to them & turn their hearts back to Him.

`Behold the days are coming says the Lord,
when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel ....
I will be their God, & they shall be My people.`
(Jer. 31: 31 & 33)

God also told Israel that He would send the `Angel of the Covenant,` who would call them to repentance & purify their hearts.

But who can endure the day of His coming?....
He is like a refiner`s fire....`
(Mal. 3: 1 & 2)

This `Angel of the covenant,` is the Lord who is the one who will intercede for Israel, watch over it & finally provide atonement for them.

`For the Lord will judge His people, & have compassion on His servants,
when He sees that their power is gone,...
He will provide atonement for His land & His people.`
(Deut. 32: 36 & 43)

Marilyn C

Pre-tribulation.
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2013
Victoria
✟598,287.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Let us now look at the details of Christ`s great work as Mediator of the Covenant to Israel.

This will enable us to appreciate more of the Lord & His great work yet to be completed for Israel & the Nations. In Revelation Ch. 10 we are shown the Lord as the Angel of the Covenant with His great authority & power to rule.

The Angel of the Covenant : Christ the Mediator of the New Covenant.

`I saw still another mighty angel coming down from heaven
clothed with a cloud.
And a rainbow was on his head, his face was like the sun,
& his feet were pillars of fire.
(Rev. 10: 1)

What a truly awesome picture of the Lord. God gives us great detail & picturesque language so we can understand spiritual things. The `rainbow on his head,` clearly shows that this is Christ the one on the throne with the rainbow overhead. This represents the covenant that God promised to Israel that He would provide for them a way back to Himself.

His `face, like the sun,` shows that Christ reflects the glory of God & His `feet as pillars of fire,` represents the refining & judging work Christ is about to do in relation to the Covenant.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Marilyn C

Pre-tribulation.
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2013
Victoria
✟598,287.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Little Book : Christ`s Record of Redeemed Israel.

`He had a little book in His hand.`
(Rev. 10: 2)

This `little book,` refers to those people in Israel who turn to the Lord in the tribulation.
The prophet Daniel was given details of this by the angel Michael.

`there shall be a time of trouble,
such as never was since there was a nation, even to that time.
And at that time your people shall be delivered,
everyone who is found in the book.`
(Dan. 12: 1 & 2)

This tells us which people, Israel, & which particular time it will happen, in the tribulation.
The prophet Malachi also tells of this book with the names of those who turn again to God
in the time of `the day of His coming.` (Mal. 3: 2)

`Then those who feared the Lord spoke to one another
& the Lord listened & heard them;
So a book of remembrance was written before Him
for those who fear the Lord & meditate on His name.`
(Mal. 3: 16)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
1 Tim 2
3 This is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Savior, 4 who desires all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth. 5 For there is one God, and one mediator also between God and men, the man Christ Jesus, 6 who gave Himself as a ransom for all, the testimony given at the proper time.

Heb 7
22 so much the more also Jesus has become the guarantee of a better covenant.
23 The former priests, on the one hand, existed in greater numbers because they were prevented by death from continuing, 24 but Jesus, on the other hand, because He continues forever, holds His priesthood permanently. 25 Therefore He is able also to save forever those who draw near to God through Him, since He always lives to make intercession for them.

Heb 8
Now the main point in what has been said is this: we have such a high priest, who has taken His seat at the right hand of the throne of the Majesty in the heavens, 2 a minister in the sanctuary and in the true tabernacle, which the Lord pitched, not man. 3 For every high priest is appointed to offer both gifts and sacrifices; so it is necessary that this high priest also have something to offer. 4 Now if He were on earth, He would not be a priest at all, since there are those who offer the gifts according to the Law;

Heb 9
11 But when Christ appeared as a high priest of the good things to come, He entered through the greater and more perfect tabernacle, not made with hands, that is to say, not of this creation; 12 and not through the blood of goats and calves, but through His own blood, He entered the holy place once for all, having obtained eternal redemption. 13 For if the blood of goats and bulls and the ashes of a heifer sprinkling those who have been defiled sanctify for the cleansing of the flesh, 14 how much more will the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered Himself without blemish to God, cleanse your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?

Heb 4
14 Therefore, since we have a great high priest who has passed through the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our confession. 15 For we do not have a high priest who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses, but One who has been tempted in all things as we are, yet without sin. 16 Therefore let us draw near with confidence to the throne of grace, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in time of need.

1 John 2:1 My little children, I am writing these things to you so that you may not sin. And if anyone sins, we have an Advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous;

======================

But there comes a day ...

Rev 15
7 Then one of the four living creatures gave to the seven angels seven golden bowls full of the wrath of God, who lives forever and ever. 8 And the temple was filled with smoke from the glory of God and from His power; and no one was able to enter the temple until the seven plagues of the seven angels were finished.

No mediation in the temple while the 7 last plagues of God's wrath are being poured out.

See Rev 16.

Upvote 0

Marilyn C

Pre-tribulation.
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2013
Victoria
✟598,287.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
1 Tim 2
3 This is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Savior, 4 who desires all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth. 5 For there is one God, and one mediator also between God and men, the man Christ Jesus, 6 who gave Himself as a ransom for all, the testimony given at the proper time.

Heb 7
22 so much the more also Jesus has become the guarantee of a better covenant.
23 The former priests, on the one hand, existed in greater numbers because they were prevented by death from continuing, 24 but Jesus, on the other hand, because He continues forever, holds His priesthood permanently. 25 Therefore He is able also to save forever those who draw near to God through Him, since He always lives to make intercession for them.

Heb 8
Now the main point in what has been said is this: we have such a high priest, who has taken His seat at the right hand of the throne of the Majesty in the heavens, 2 a minister in the sanctuary and in the true tabernacle, which the Lord pitched, not man. 3 For every high priest is appointed to offer both gifts and sacrifices; so it is necessary that this high priest also have something to offer. 4 Now if He were on earth, He would not be a priest at all, since there are those who offer the gifts according to the Law;

Heb 9
11 But when Christ appeared as a high priest of the good things to come, He entered through the greater and more perfect tabernacle, not made with hands, that is to say, not of this creation; 12 and not through the blood of goats and calves, but through His own blood, He entered the holy place once for all, having obtained eternal redemption. 13 For if the blood of goats and bulls and the ashes of a heifer sprinkling those who have been defiled sanctify for the cleansing of the flesh, 14 how much more will the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered Himself without blemish to God, cleanse your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?

Heb 4
14 Therefore, since we have a great high priest who has passed through the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our confession. 15 For we do not have a high priest who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses, but One who has been tempted in all things as we are, yet without sin. 16 Therefore let us draw near with confidence to the throne of grace, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in time of need.

1 John 2:1 My little children, I am writing these things to you so that you may not sin. And if anyone sins, we have an Advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous;

======================

But there comes a day ...

Rev 15
7 Then one of the four living creatures gave to the seven angels seven golden bowls full of the wrath of God, who lives forever and ever. 8 And the temple was filled with smoke from the glory of God and from His power; and no one was able to enter the temple until the seven plagues of the seven angels were finished.

No mediation in the temple while the 7 last plagues of God's wrath are being poured out.

See Rev 16.

Hi Bob,

Lots of great scriptures there. The last one however does NOT refer to the Lord as He is at the right hand of the Father in the Godhead in the `temple.` He ever lives to make intercession. (Heb. 7: 25)

No one would come through the tribulation unless the Lord enabled them to do so.

Upvote 0

Marilyn C

Pre-tribulation.
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2013
Victoria
✟598,287.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Christ`s Authority: Universal.

And he set his right foot on the sea,
& his left foot on the land `
and he cried with a loud voice, as when a lion roars.
When he cried out, seven thunders uttered their voices,...
Seal up the things ....& do not write them.`
(Rev. 10: 2 - 4)

This startling picture of the Lord, represented as this mighty angel, astride the sea & land, gives perspective to Christ`s great universal authority in relation to the earth.

The `seven thunders` is the complete (7) judgment of God (thunders). This was to be sealed up until the appointed time for its release when Christ returns in power & great glory at the end of the tribulation. Daniel was told concerning this also.

The angel Michael said, `Go your way, Daniel,
for the words are closed up & sealed till the time of the end.` (Dan. 12: 9)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Marilyn C

Pre-tribulation.
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2013
Victoria
✟598,287.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
CHRIST`S AUTHORITY : Unchangeable

`The angel whom I saw standing on the sea & on the land
raised His hand to heaven & swore by Him who lives forever & ever
who created heaven & the things that are in it,
the earth ... & the sea.... that there should be delay no longer.` (Rev. 10: 5 & 6)

Then the Lord, as the mighty angel, shows that it is He who is the Mediator between God & man. Only He who is God could raise His hand & swear by Himself.

`For men indeed swear by the greater, & an oath for confirmation...
Thus God, determining to show ... the immutability (unchangeable) of His counsel,
confirmed it by an oath....`
(Heb. 6: 16 & 17)

God told Moses that it is He who takes hold of judgment, He who avenges His enemies & He who provides atonement for His people Israel & seals it with an oath.

`Now see that I, even I am He, And there is no God besides Me;....
For I raise My hand to heaven, & I say, “As I live forever,.....”`
(Deut. 32: 39 & 40)

Then God told Daniel the exact length of time till the final judgments would be completed.

`the man...who was above the waters...held up his.....hand to heaven,
& swore by Him who lives forever,
that it shall be for a time, times & half a time;...
when all these things shall be finished.`
(Dan. 12: 7)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Marilyn C

Pre-tribulation.
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2013
Victoria
✟598,287.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
CHRIST`S DECLARATIONS

`in the days of the seventh angel, when he is about to sound,
the mystery of God would be finished,
as He declared it to His servants the prophets.`
(Rev. 10: 7)

Thus we read that when the seventh angel is about to sound then the full revelation of what God declared to the prophets would be finished – that the kingdoms of the world would become the Lord`s.

`The kingdoms of this world have become the kingdoms of
our Lord & His Christ,
& He shall reign forever & ever!`
(Rev. 11: 15)

Before this wonderful climax to the ages takes place certain events need to happen. Israel needs to turn back to God & the nations need to come under judgment. Thus the Lord gives the Apostle John the words of the prophecies declaring what is to come. This is represented by John having to `eat,` the little book.

`Go take the little book .....Take it & eat it;
& it will make your stomach bitter,
but it will be as sweet as honey in your mouth.`
(Rev. 10: 8 – 9)

The words were sweet like honey bringing a good message that the Messiah was coming to set up His kingdom. However the words were `bitter in his stomach` for if people did not repent there would be `lamentations, mournings & woes.`

`Then I took the little book out of the angel`s hand & ate it,
& it was as sweet as honey in my mouth.
But when I had eaten it, my stomach became bitter.`
(Rev. 10: 10)

The prophet Ezekiel had a similar experience.

`a scroll of a book....& written on it were lamentations & mourning & woe.
....He caused me to eat that scroll....
So I ate, & it was in my mouth like honey in sweetness.
....&..in bitterness, in the heat of my spirit.`

(Ez. 2: 9 - 3: 4 & 14 )

As we study the book of Revelation further we will see the details of these prophecies that John received from Christ, the Angel of the Covenant. The prophecies will show how Christ draws His people Israel back to God & how He protects them from their enemies.

`You must prophesy again about many peoples,
nations, tongues & kings.`
(Rev. 10: 11)

Upvote 0