Christ takes away the first (sacrifice and offering) in the midst of the 70th week

Douggg

anytime rapture, non-dispensationalist, futurist
May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,692.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I'm in the USA. If a temple got built in Jerusalem, why should I care? What could possibly happen in this alleged temple that could affect me here in the USA?
Learn a parable of a fig tree. We are living in that day and age. When the Antichrist will go in the temple, sit, and claim to be God.

EU to the ten leader form of Government w/little horn.
Gog/Magog - currently shaping up, visible to everyone.
Then false messianic age.
Then Antichrist going into the temple.
Then the world plunged into beginning years of the Day of the Lord. Which will include the USA. You will not want to be on the earth at that time.

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What you would have us believe then, since it was God Himself that initially came up with the idea of animal sacrificing, that when He required this of folks in past ages, He was ultimately making them commit abominations by doing this?

What did God say in the passage below?

Heb 10:1 For the law having a shadow of good things to come, and not the very image of the things, can never with those sacrifices which they offered year by year continually make the comers thereunto perfect.
Heb 10:2 For then would they not have ceased to be offered? because that the worshippers once purged should have had no more conscience of sins.
Heb 10:3 But in those sacrifices there is a remembrance again made of sins every year.
Heb 10:4 For it is not possible that the blood of bulls and of goats should take away sins.
Heb 10:5 Wherefore when he cometh into the world, he saith, Sacrifice and offering thou wouldest not, but a body hast thou prepared me:
Heb 10:6 In burnt offerings and sacrifices for sin thou hast had no pleasure.
Heb 10:7 Then said I, Lo, I come (in the volume of the book it is written of me,) to do thy will, O God.
Heb 10:8 Above when he said, Sacrifice and offering and burnt offerings and offering for sin thou wouldest not, neither hadst pleasure therein; which are offered by the law;
Heb 10:9 Then said he, Lo, I come to do thy will, O God. He taketh away the first, that he may establish the second.
Heb 10:10 By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.
Heb 10:11 And every priest standeth daily ministering and offering oftentimes the same sacrifices, which can never take away sins:
Heb 10:12 But this man, after he had offered one sacrifice for sins for ever, sat down on the right hand of God;

From "Antiquities of the Jews" by Josephus, Book 12, chapter 7

"6. When therefore the generals of Antiochus's armies had been beaten so often, Judas assembled the people together, and told them, that after these many victories which God had given them, they ought to go up to Jerusalem, and purify the temple, and offer the appointed sacrifices. But as soon as he, with the whole multitude, was come to Jerusalem, and found the temple deserted, and its gates burnt down, and plants growing in the temple of their own accord, on account of its desertion, he and those that were with him began to lament, and were quite confounded at the sight of the temple; so he chose out some of his soldiers, and gave them order to fight against those guards that were in the citadel, until he should have purified the temple. When therefore he had carefully purged it, and had brought in new vessels, the candlestick, the table [of shew-bread], and the altar [of incense], which were made of gold, he hung up the veils at the gates, and added doors to them. He also took down the altar [of burnt-offering], and built a new one of stones that he gathered together, and not of such as were hewn with iron tools. So on the five and twentieth day of the month Casleu, which the Macedonians call Apeliens, they lighted the lamps that were on the candlestick, and offered incense upon the altar [of incense], and laid the loaves upon the table [of shew-bread], and offered burnt-offerings upon the new altar [of burnt-offering]. Now it so fell out, that these things were done on the very same day on which their Divine worship had fallen off, and was reduced to a profane and common use, after three years' time; for so it was, that the temple was made desolate by Antiochus, and so continued for three years. This desolation happened to the temple in the hundred forty and fifth year, on the twenty-fifth day of the month Apeliens, and on the hundred fifty and third olympiad: but it was dedicated anew, on the same day, the twenty-fifth of the month Apeliens, on the hundred and forty-eighth year, and on the hundred and fifty-fourth olympiad. And this desolation came to pass according to the prophecy of Daniel, which was given four hundred and eight years before; for he declared that the Macedonians would dissolve that worship [for some time].

7. Now Judas celebrated the festival of the restoration of the sacrifices of the temple for eight days, and omitted no sort of pleasures thereon; but he feasted them upon very rich and splendid sacrifices; and he honored God, and delighted them by hymns and psalms. Nay, they were so very glad at the revival of their customs, when, after a long time of intermission, they unexpectedly had regained the freedom of their worship, that they made it a law for their posterity, that they should keep a festival, on account of the restoration of their temple worship, for eight days. And from that time to this we celebrate this festival, and call it Lights. I suppose the reason was, because this liberty beyond our hopes appeared to us; and that thence was the name given to that festival. Judas also rebuilt the walls round about the city, and reared towers of great height against the incursions of enemies, and set guards therein. He also fortified the city Bethsura, that it might serve as a citadel against any distresses that might come from our enemies. "

Josephus confirms above the understanding of the Jews of his time, who knew that Daniel had predicted the events of 167 BC, by Antiochus Epiphanes. (Let the reader understand.)
Josephus confirms it as a historical fact.

John 10:22 is a reference to the celebration of Hanukkah each year by the Jews of Jesus time.

The Book of Matthew was addressed mainly to a Jewish audience. Jesus was telling the Jews of His time that something similar to 167 BC would happen during 70 AD. Not only did Antiochus desecrate the temple, but he also attacked the city killing thousands of Jews and stopped the temple sacrifices. The temple sacrifices would also stop in 70 AD, due to the destruction of the temple. Based on John 10:22, the Jews were well aware of this historical fulfillment of Daniel’s prophecy. Luke’s Gospel was written to more of a Gentile audience, so he spelled it out for them.

Matthew 24:15-16 and Luke 21:20-21 are clearly parallel accounts, because we have the exact same warning to flee from Judea to the mountains in the second verse of each Gospel.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Upvote 0

DavidPT

Sep 26, 2016
Texas
✟196,523.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Learn a parable of a fig tree. We are living in that day and age. When the Antichrist will go in the temple, sit, and claim to be God.

EU to the ten leader form of Government w/little horn.
Gog/Magog - currently shaping up, visible to everyone.
Then false messianic age.
Then Antichrist going into the temple.
Then the world plunged into beginning years of the Day of the Lord. Which will include the USA. You will not want to be on the earth at that time.

I fully agree we are living in the very day and age these things will likely be fulfilled. Where our disagreement seems to be is, what kind of temple is meant. Apparently you think a brick and mortar one is meant. But I don't take it to be meaning that kind of temple at all. These things have to be interpreted spiritually, in regards to the things in 2 Thessalonians 2 having to do with the temple meant IMO.

Reactions: BABerean2
Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,692.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I fully agree we are living in the very day and age these things will likely be fulfilled. Where our disagreement seems to be is, what kind of temple is meant. Apparently you think a brick and mortar one is meant. But I don't take it to be meaning that kind of temple at all. These things have to be interpreted spiritually, in regards to the things in 2 Thessalonians 2 having to do with the temple meant IMO.
What I am thinking is a "downsized" stone temple - of around 15ft by 30 ft, and a brazen altar in front of it on the outside, and rings in the stone pavement to secure the animals to be sacrificed. To be built in a very short time.

Upvote 0

keras

Writer of studies on Bible prophecy
Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟293,816.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
What I am thinking is a "downsized" stone temple - of around 15ft by 30 ft, and a brazen altar in front of it on the outside, and rings in the stone pavement to secure the animals to be sacrificed. To be built in a very short time.
Haggai 2:6-9 In a little while, I shall shake the heavens and the earth.....I shall shake all the nations and the treasure of the nations will come to Zion....then I shall fill My House with gold and silver and this latter House will surpass the splendor of the former ones; In this place I will grant peace.
The Lord has Spoken.

Jesus will Return to a magnificent Temple, built by His people; every faithful Christian, in the holy Land. Zechariah 6:15

Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,692.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Haggai 2:6-9 In a little while, I shall shake the heavens and the earth.....I shall shake all the nations and the treasure of the nations will come to Zion....then I shall fill My House with gold and silver and this latter House will surpass the splendor of the former ones; In this place I will grant peace.
The Lord has Spoken.

Jesus will Return to a magnificent Temple, built by His people; every faithful Christian, in the holy Land. Zechariah 6:15
A magnificent Temple - to be built during the millennium. Not enough time during the 7 years prior - since the daily sacrifice will be stopped in the middle part of the 7years..

Upvote 0

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Lord has Spoken.

We must keep in mind Jesus and believers are the temple of God. God does not dwell in temples made with hands. If we keep this in mind, it puts OT temple prophecies on the right track for a proper understanding.

Reactions: jgr
Upvote 0

iamlamad

Lamad
Jun 8, 2013
Home in Tulsa
✟101,867.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
99.99999% of Dispensationalists believe this error. They must because their entire agenda collapses when the truth becomes known.
Have you read Galatians 3? Perhaps it would be profitable.
No "agenda." Just truth. Things CHANGED After Jesus rose from the dead: people were BORN AGAIN - an experience that never happened under the Old Covenant.

Upvote 0

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Have you read Galatians 3? Perhaps it would be profitable.
No "agenda." Just truth. Things CHANGED After Jesus rose from the dead: people were BORN AGAIN - an experience that never happened under the Old Covenant.
“But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.” (Romans 8:9) = OT believers were born again.

Upvote 0