Manchester
✟18,030.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
ive been stumped by a good member on here regarding personifying earth as a "she" Without questioning why. Now this has got me thinking...
Jesus was a man, yet the word Christ is been mentioned in Isiah 32.1 as a King.

This must mean a masculine idea.
Jesus is saviour, Christ Massiah( Annointed One) and also as King. Now I'm new to bible study and have only read Matthew and John up to now.

So why is the Christ a masculine term. It wasn't mentioned he was Queen.
Forgive me if I'm barking up the wrong tree here, im also new to Christianity.
I've heard it mention " in Christ" and wonder what masculine state I ought to be in if this is the case. Neither do I know if I'm saved( but that's another question for later)

Thankyou and Blessings to all.
Ps. Im not sure whether this post fits here in creation. But I can't find isiah in my New Testament bible. So I'm assuming it's in one of the old testament books.
But if it is in Creation book, does that mean Christ is some sort of creative act?

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,195.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
We often "personify" things, and thus often ascribe gender to genderless things. We often refer to ships, and by extension all vehicles and machines as "her". Referring to the earth as "she" is pretty similar, the earth isn't female, because giant balls of rock floating in space don't have gender, but we might still say "she" when speaking more poetically rather than literally. Literally, the earth is an "it"; but we might poetically describe the earth as "she". It's really just a matter of how language is used which is fuzzy and fluid depending a lot on context.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

eldios

May 12, 2017
San Franscisco
✟1,466.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
ive been stumped by a good member on here regarding personifying earth as a "she" Without questioning why. Now this has got me thinking...

Jesus is saviour, Christ Massiah( Annointed One) and also as King. Now I'm new to bible study and have only read Matthew and John up to now.

I've heard it mention " in Christ" and wonder what masculine state I ought to be in if this is the case. Neither do I know if I'm saved( but that's another question for later)

Ps. Im not sure whether this post fits here in creation. But I can't find isiah in my New Testament bible. So I'm assuming it's in one of the old testament books.
But if it is in Creation book, does that mean Christ is some sort of creative act?

Christ is not the last name of a servant of God named Jesus. Jesus was the first servant to testify to the knowledge of God called Christ. Christ and God are totally invisible known as the SPIRIT. The VISIBLE body named Jesus and all the other VISIBLE bodies called prophets and saints are chosen by our Creator to be used to testify to this HIDDEN ( invisible ) knowledge called Christ. Our testimonies come one word at a time within our mind and these accumulation of words contain knowledge about the beast, how we're created, the day of the Lord and how we will experience life after that day of destruction.

The phrase "Jesus Christ" is a symbolic phrase meaning both VISIBLE and INVISIBLE images and thoughts that come from the information called Christ within God. Christ can never die because it's the information that will be used forever and ever. What perishes during this temporary generation are the VISIBLE images like the flesh of man and everything else that we observe with our created sense of sight. All those visible images including the thoughts come from information called Satan and the beast ( the tree of the knowledge of good and evil ) which hides our true created existence as information called the "tree of life".

Jesus testified to this INVISIBLE spirit of God and this is what he supposedly said about the words he spoke for God;

John 6
63: It is the spirit that gives life, the flesh is of no avail; the words that I have spoken to you are spirit and life.

So everything we experience both visible and invisible comes from INVISIBLE information called the Spirit of God which are actually the invisible thoughts of our Creator.

Psalm 92
5: How great are thy works, O LORD! Thy thoughts are very deep!
6: The dull man cannot know, the stupid cannot understand this:
7: that, though the wicked sprout like grass and all evildoers flourish, they are doomed to destruction for ever,
8: but thou, O LORD, art on high for ever.

Psalm 139
17: How precious to me are thy thoughts, O God! How vast is the sum of them!

Psalm 33
8: Let all the earth fear the LORD, let all the inhabitants of the world stand in awe of him!
9: For he spoke, and it came to be; he commanded, and it stood forth.

• Informative
Reactions: Nous Sommes
Upvote 0

jimmyjimmy

Pardoned Rebel
Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2015
USA
✟234,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married

God is Father. Jesus is Son, and God is always referred to/addressed in the masculine because He is.

If it's possible for you, get a complete Bible. The New Testament makes little sense without the "old". It's like starting a novel 2/3 of the way through.

• Informative
Reactions: Nous Sommes
Upvote 0