Christ is NOT God. He is an HEIR of God!

Status
Not open for further replies.

edpobre

Feb 5, 2002
NEW YORK
✟3,067.00
Friends,

Galatians 4:4-7 teach us that God SENT Jesus to REDEEM those under the law that they may RECEIVE the adoption as SONS (v. 4-5). These sons hve the SPIRIT of Christ in their hearts (v. 6). As a SON, one becomes HEIR of God THROUGH Christ (v. 7).

Galatians 3:26-29 teach us that people can become sons of God through FAITH in Christ (v. 26). Those who have FAITH in Christ are BAPTIZED INTO Christ and put on Christ (v. 27). Having been BAPTIZED INTO Christ, they become ONE in Christ or IN UNION with Christ (v. 2:cool: . Those who are IN Christ or IN UNION with Christ, BELONG to Christ and are therefore, Abraham's SEED. As such, they become HEIRS according to the PROMISE (v. 29).

Titus 3:5-7 teach us that one is SAVED through the WASHING of regeneration and RENEWING of the Holy Spirit (v.5) THROUGH Jesus (V. 6). Those that have been WASHED are JUSTIFIED by God's grace and become HEIRS according to the HOPE of ETERNAL LIFE (v. 7).

Romans 8:17 teaches us that CHILDREN of God are HEIRS of God and JOINT-HEIRS with Christ according to the PROMISE (Gal. 3:29) and according to the HOPE of ETERNAL LIFE (Titus 3:7).

If Christ were God, why is he an HEIR of God according to God's PROMISE and HOPE of ETERNAL LIFE?

If Christ were God and children of God are JOINT-HEIRS with him, doesn't that make ALL children of God ALSO Gods?

Ed

B

BlalronResurrected

If Christ were God, why is he an HEIR of God according to God's PROMISE and HOPE of ETERNAL LIFE?

Because He is. Why can't God be an heir to himself? Read Psalms 45, and 110. :)

If Christ were God and children of God are JOINT-HEIRS with him, doesn't that make ALL children of God ALSO Gods?

No. Why would it?

Upvote 0
F

fingermeelmo

Blah, blah blah.... Jesus said something in John along the lines of,

"Believe in me because of the works I do, for in that way God and I are one, through the Holy Spirit".

Jesus = a man, the Son of Man.
God = God.
Holy Spirit = works through which God was revealed through Jesus.
Jesus = Son of God.

The Son of God is what Jesus saw himself to be, and knew himself to be, and the Son of Man is what everyone else saw him as... Understand now???????????? Ie., "The Son of Man will be crucified once we get to Jerusalem", ect. "I am the Son of God".

The entire ministry of Jesus is based on Jesus being an example for everyone to follow. He wanted to do away with hypocrisy and establish better moral guidlines for everyone to follow through the use of a taoist-like philosophy. In that way, it is said, he died for our sins. He was a very honorable person. He knew that if he was guilty of commiting some crime, and that if crucifixion was the punishment for such a crime, that in order to retain his honor he would have to be crucified, and so he was, so that we would follow his example to this day. He wanted to show us that it IS possible to retain purity and honor through God, as for through God nothing is possible (I AM AN ATHEIST I AM JUST QUOTING HIM!). He said you can move a "mountain" (ie., SIN, the ego, ect., to become a better person) if only you believe. That's all you have to do.

Any questions?

NOTE: I am a secular taoist so I do not believe in God or any of the supernatural crap in the Bible, I'm just trying to point something out to everyone here.

Upvote 0

edpobre

Feb 5, 2002
NEW YORK
✟3,067.00
Josephus,

You wrote:
ed, didn't Jesus say to the Pharisees that we are all "gods" - refering to a verse in the old testament?

You're right. Jesus did say that. But we are talking of the ONLY true God, not "gods". The Jehovah Witnesses consider Jesus as a "god" along with the other "gods" of the world like money, pride, kings, mobsters, etc.

The TRUTH is that Jesus is Abraham's SEED (a MAN) with whom God made a lasting covenant (Gen. 17:7; Gal. 3:16). All children of God are found in the BODY of Christ of which Christ is the HEAD (Col. 1:1:cool: . That's the reason why children of God are JOINT-HEIRS with Christ according to the PROMISE and the HOPE of eternal life.

Ed

Upvote 0
B

BlalronResurrected

The TRUTH is that Jesus is Abraham's SEED (a MAN) with whom God made a lasting covenant (Gen. 17:7; Gal. 3:16).

I agree, Ed. Jesus is a MAN.

All children of God are found in the BODY of Christ of which Christ is the HEAD (Col. 1:1)

That's where you and I differ. I believe that everyone who believes is in the body of Christ. Many verses say that whosoever believes in Jesus will not perish, but have everlasting life. To avoid those verses being untruthfull, "Whosoever" would have to include somebody stuck on an island who can't go to church but still believes. Or else the "whosoever" is not truthfull.

That's the reason why children of God are JOINT-HEIRS with Christ according to the PROMISE and the HOPE of eternal life

The Son, being the heir of all things (Hebrews 1:2), would indeed be an heir with us, thus making us join-heirs.

I fully agree with you on that.

Upvote 0

LouisBooth

Feb 6, 2002
✟19,588.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Ed, in Galatians Paul clearly shows that Jesus is God. Look at verse 1:1

"Paul, an apostle-sent NOT from men NOR by man, but by Jesus Christ and God the Fahter..."

That clearly says that Jesus is God like God the Father is.

In titus he didn't address this because it was a very focused letter and the issue he was writting to had nothing to do with the diety of christ, they already believed that.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

edpobre

Feb 5, 2002
NEW YORK
✟3,067.00
LouisBooth,

Michael is right. You don't really know what you are saying. Why don't you check other verses first before you post so you won't make postle Paul a liar?

Look at Gal. 1:3; Eph. 1:2; Col. 1:2 God the Father is definitely separate and distinct from our Lord Jesus Christ.

Look at Eph. 1:3. God is God and Father OF our Lord Jesus Christ.

Look at Col. 1:3. God is God and Father OF our Lord Jesus Christ.

Even apostle Peter wrote that God is God and Father OF our Lord Jesus Christ (1 Peter 1:3).

Apostle Paul wrote the Corinthians that there is ONLY ONE God and that is the FATHER (1 Cor. 8:6). Apostle Paul also wrote that Jesus is a MAN (1 Tim. 2:5).

Isn't there any end to your LYING Louis?

Ed

Upvote 0

edpobre

Feb 5, 2002
NEW YORK
✟3,067.00
Blalron,

You wrote:
That's where you and I differ. I believe that everyone who believes is in the body of Christ. Many verses say that whosoever believes in Jesus will not perish, but have everlasting life. To avoid those verses being untruthfull, "Whosoever" would have to include somebody stuck on an island who can't go to church but still believes. Or else the "whosoever" is not truthfull.

While it is true that "whosoever believes in him shall not perish," TRUE believers are found ONLY in the Iglesia Ni Cristo (the ONLY true church of Christ).

Your belief that "everyone who believes is in the body of Christ" is an indication that you are in a FALSE body of Christ. Most people who adhere to this belief are Trinitarians who do NOT abide or stay in the doctrine of Christ that he is a MAN (John 8:40) and the FATHER is the ONLY true God (John 17:3).

Apostle John says "whosoever transgresses and does NOT abide in the doctrine of God DOES NOT HAVE God" (2 John 9).

Now tell me my friend, can anyone who DOES NOT HAVE God be in the TRUE body of Christ?

Ed

Upvote 0

LouisBooth

Feb 6, 2002
✟19,588.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
"Why don't you check other verses first before you post so you won't make postle Paul a liar?"

:lol: I have with people that have studied the text longer then I have been alive.

"Look at Gal. 1:3; Eph. 1:2; Col. 1:2 God the Father is definitely separate and distinct from our Lord Jesus Christ. "

Exactly! that's what trinity is. They are distinct AND the same because the bible says BOTH.

"Isn't there any end to your LYING Louis?"

I just quoted you a verse ed. Its you that don't believe the bible. I think Paul made it quite clear that he doesn't think Jesus is just a man else he would not have said that in his letter. Nor would have have said christ has the nature of God, or that he was diety incarnate.

Upvote 0

ZoneChaos

Senior Veteran
Feb 5, 2002
Kansas City, MO
Visit site
✟15,032.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
While it is true that "whosoever believes in him shall not perish," TRUE believers are found ONLY in the Iglesia Ni Cristo (the ONLY true church of Christ).

So.. that person would become a member of the INC, If God showed the guy who He was, correct?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Josephus

<b>Co-Founder Christian Forums</b>
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2000
Kerbal Space Center
✟150,343.00
Faith
Messianic
Well ed, our life is indeed the breath "of" God. Though we are not God himself, we are of God. He made us from nothing, and breathed his life into us. Agreed? :)

I am just trying to make clear a point that we are in a sense beings of eternal existence, of the life of God, but clearly we are not God. Our spirits are totally seperate and distinct from God's Spirit, but we are "related" - and we are "adopted" as his immediate family when we are saved and make Him Lord.

Upvote 0
E

epobre

Josephus,

You wrote:[.b]
I am just trying to make clear a point that we are in a sense beings of eternal existence, of the life of God, but clearly we are not God. Our spirits are totally seperate and distinct from God's Spirit, but we are "related" - and we are "adopted" as his immediate family when we are saved and make Him Lord.

Your belief is non-Biblical and therefore FALSE! Gal. 4:4-5 tells us that God "sent His son to REDEEM those under the law that they may RECEIVE ADOPTION as sons."

Thus, "adoption as son" comes first before "salvation." As "sons of God, we become HEIRS according to the hope of eternal life" (Gal. 4:7).

Apostle Paul writes that God delivers people from the power of darkness and translates (transfers) them to the kingdom of His son in whom there is redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of
" (Col. 1:13-14).

From these verses we can UNDERSTAND that to become HEIRS and JOINT-HEIRS with Christ, we MUST be DELIVERED from the world (OUTSIDE) and TRRANSFERRED to the KINGDOM of His Son (INSIDE) in order to be REDEEMED through Christ's blood.

The KINGDOM is the CHURCH which Christ PURCHASED (redeemed) with his own blood (Acts 20:2:cool: . The CHURCH is Christ's BODY and Christ is the HEAD (Col. 1:1:cool: . Thus, one becomes an HEIR and Joint-HEIR with Christ by being INSIDE Christ's BODY and REDEEMED by his blood.

Ed

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.