Northwest
✟48,602.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well that begs the question. Would Gof condemn the natives, who never heard about Jesus before Europe started to colonize? How would he judge those who never heard of the Gospel, and those who might not even know who God (Yahweh) is? That is where I'm getting a little sad...
We all get a little sad over this issue. But never the less we know it's true.

We also know that everyone will agree in the end that God's ways are righteous - even those for whom acknowledgment of the truth as we Christians know it will be too late to save them.

Upvote 0

MayYouBeBlessed

Jul 7, 2019
Earth
✟16,851.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
We all get a little sad over this issue. But never the less we know it's true.

We also know that everyone will agree in the end that God's ways are righteous - even those for whom acknowledgment of the truth as we Christians know it will be too late to save them.

Jesus or hell. No third option.

Upvote 0

His student

Jan 10, 2019
Northwest
✟48,602.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Explain, if you would.

Are you saying that the Trinity is not a biblical doctrine.

Leaning, as I do, a bit toward the so called "oneness" point of view - I may well agree on that. But for now I just want to hear directly where you're coming from on the issue.

The reason I ask is that according to the forum rules and the statement of faith, "Discussions in all "Christians Only" forums must be in alignment with Trinitarian beliefs."

Why that must necessarily be - I don't know. But there it is. :)

There are, of course, many fine theologians who do not believe in the Trinity as usually taught.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,576.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,576.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Explain, if you would.

Are you saying that the Trinity is not a biblical doctrine.

Leaning, as I do, a bit toward the so called "oneness" point of view - I may well agree on that. But for now I just want to hear directly where you're coming from on the issue.

The reason I ask is that according to the forum rules and the statement of faith, "Discussions in all "Christians Only" forums must be in alignment with Trinitarian beliefs."

Why that must necessarily be - I don't know. But there it is. :)

There are, of course, many fine theologians who do not believe in the Trinity as usually taught.
I didn’t say it was unbiblical. I said it was non-biblical. Not found in the Bible.

This started because someone said we must believe in His offer of grace.

Upvote 0

MayYouBeBlessed

Jul 7, 2019
Earth
✟16,851.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
He doesn’t need that. He’s self-sufficient.

Duh. He needs us to beleive, because He loves us. He does not need it because He's not sufficient, but He needs it because He hates to condemn anybody to Hell.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Acts2:38

Apr 14, 2017
Naples
✟71,708.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I was wondering something. I thought there was a verse that says that Jesus would give everyone a chance of repentance and coming to him (I cant find the exact verse...) and that lead me to think about America before Columbus. Did Jesus go to the Americas and told the gospel? Did he not visit? Would the Americans even have a chance of redemption for not knowing Christ before columbus discovered them?

There were so many replies, and thus far I haven't noticed (sorry if I missed it) this prospective yet.

We know scripture doesn't necessarily state that anyone went to the "America's" or "New World". However, in light of certain verses, it would be hard to say no one did come to the America's.

I did see some people quote scripture that would hint to the defense that the America's had "heard the word". But what about cases like Philip in Acts 8:39-40?

If God could "sweep up" Philip instantly to another location, why couldn't God do this to any disciple, sending them to the America's?

Also, Paul himself stated that, at that time, the gospel was brought to all the world in Colossians 1:6

Paul further stressed this in Colossians 1:23 which he said the gospel was preached to "every creature" (KJV)/ "in all creation" (ESV-NASB).

So, if you look at Philip's situation, being swept away to another location instantly, and what Paul said twice in one chapter, I would have to say that the America's had heard the truth/gospel.

Now there may be people NOW days that haven't heard, but at that time Paul was telling the Colossians, EVERYONE had heard the word. So, there is no excuse now as Acts 17:30-31 states.

To me, it would be very hard to argue that the America's did not "hear the word" when Paul, under direction of the Holy Spirit, states that "the gospel was brought to all the world" (Colossians 1:6 and 23). It's also pretty hard to twist up grammar in such a way to say Paul didn't include the America's when he said this. "All" means All/everything, and furthermore he said "world" (v.6,Col.1). Kind of hard for people to stand there saying "all the world" only means Europe or the middle east.

Upvote 0

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The pretty boys on bicycles says Jesus did, but that's not true.

You know.. what I will say for those on bikes is they are faithful they go out and witness. I have been in many Churches and its shocking how many don't do anything. Some we went to the streets. Then the OTHERS :) that I disagree on some things they teach. Allot of them have this reverence for the Father.. they talk treat Him as He is HOLY! <-- I LOVE that!

If.. which I do not see any evidence Christ went to America. From what I know of Him.. IF that happen He would have went to EVER nation. Yet.. He told US to go.. and we have

Upvote 0

Monk Brendan

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2016
Phoenix, Arizona
Visit site
✟294,430.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
You know.. what I will say for those on bikes is they are faithful they go out and witness. I have been in many Churches and its shocking how many don't do anything. Some we went to the streets. Then the OTHERS :) that I disagree on some things they teach. Allot of them have this reverence for the Father.. they talk treat Him as He is HOLY! <-- I LOVE that!

If.. which I do not see any evidence Christ went to America. From what I know of Him.. IF that happen He would have went to EVER nation. Yet.. He told US to go.. and we have
Since they are bearing false witness, that doesn't do any good.

Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Well... are there verses that say that? About those who dont even know God or Jesus, and have no way to in life? Are there verses that say he might save them?

Romans 1:
8 The wrath o is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of people, who suppress the truth by their wickedness, 19 since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. 20 For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made so that people are without excuse.
21 For although they knew God, they neither glorified him as God nor gave thanks to him, but their thinking became futile and their foolish hearts were darkened. 22 Although they claimed to be wise, they became fools 23 and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images made to look like a mortal human being and birds and animals and reptiles.

And John 3:16.

Upvote 0