catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,152,895.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well that begs the question. Would Gof condemn the natives, who never heard about Jesus before Europe started to colonize? How would he judge those who never heard of the Gospel, and those who might not even know who God (Yahweh) is? That is where I'm getting a little sad...
No need to be sad! The epistles suggest they will have fair chances. (Romans and 1rst Peter)

Upvote 0

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,718,892.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Well that begs the question. Would Gof condemn the natives, who never heard about Jesus before Europe started to colonize? How would he judge those who never heard of the Gospel, and those who might not even know who God (Yahweh) is? That is where I'm getting a little sad...
People aren’t condemned because they didn’t hear the gospel. They are condemned because of sin.

Upvote 0

Blade

Veteran
Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟629,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

:) He condemns no one. My view on this is when Jesus said "if you were blind you would have no sin. You say you see your sin remains". Before and even now.. many are blind. I believe we all written in us to know good and evil. He wrote His laws on our hearts. For those that never heard.. hard to judge you on something you never knew. But.. on the light you had and what you did with it. But we KNOW our GOD is just. Would have spared cities for just 10 righteous.. even then there was one He said "as long as you are here I can do nothing". The whole world in sin.. yet He left heaven became His creation and took away the sins of the world. There is no greater Judge

Upvote 0

zoidar

loves Jesus the Christ! ✝️
Supporter
Sep 18, 2010
✟877,432.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I was wondering something. I thought there was a verse that says that Jesus would give everyone a chance of repentance and coming to him (I cant find the exact verse...) and that lead me to think about America before Columbus. Did Jesus go to the Americas and told the gospel? Did he not visit? Would the Americans even have a chance of redemption for not knowing Christ before columbus discovered them?

Did Noah know about Jesus?

Upvote 0

zoidar

loves Jesus the Christ! ✝️
Supporter
Sep 18, 2010
✟877,432.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Noah knew about Yahweh.

Where and how did he get the revelation of Yahweh?

Is it possible that other people, like those in America also had a revelation of God before the colonization?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,718,892.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Where and how did he get the revelation of Yahweh?

Is it possible that other people, like those in America also had a revelation of God before the colonization?
You can’t make an argument from silence.

Upvote 0

A_Thinker

Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟931,284.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
God does not limit Himself to human methods.

There are testimonies from those raised in the midst of non-christian cultures ... that God communicated His message of love and salvation ... through dreams, visions, etc. Consider the biblical example of Cornelius.

Recall that God is the initiator in His relationships ...

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,718,892.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
God does not limit Himself to human methods.

There are testimonies from those raised in the midst of non-christian cultures ... that God communicated His message of love and salvation ... through dreams, visions, etc. Consider the biblical example of Cornelius.

Recall that God is the initiator in His relationships ...
I hear stories about this. It’s usually generic. A friend of a friend said....

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,718,892.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

A_Thinker

Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟931,284.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If these stories are true, then there’s absolutely no need for evangelicalism, and we should use our money for other things.
You're thinking too black and white.

God uses all things ...

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: zoidar
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

MayYouBeBlessed

Jul 7, 2019
Earth
✟16,851.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I was wondering something. I thought there was a verse that says that Jesus would give everyone a chance of repentance and coming to him (I cant find the exact verse...) and that lead me to think about America before Columbus. Did Jesus go to the Americas and told the gospel? Did he not visit? Would the Americans even have a chance of redemption for not knowing Christ before columbus discovered them?

No, He did not visit. No, they have no chance of salvation. The natives worshiped the Devil. They performed human sacrifice for crying outloud!!! Hell forever. All of them. Says the Bible.

Upvote 0