Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟8,146.00
Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I am looking for a Christ centered church. One that is not a denomination. One that does not celebrate Christmas or Easter nor Halloween. One that believes in fulfilled prophecy. One that is not Calvinist, or Pentecostal.

Is there such a thing?

Feb 2, 2013
✟19,178.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Private
I am looking for a Christ centered church. One that is not a denomination. One that does not celebrate Christmas or Easter nor Halloween. One that believes in fulfilled prophecy. One that is not Calvinist, or Pentecostal.

Is there such a thing?

Um, I think refusing to celebrate the Resurrection of Christ borders on unorthodox doctrinal discussion, but I'm not sure.

When you say "not a denomination" do you mean congregational policy?

Also, I think all Christians believe that Christ fulfilled prophecy.

Lastly, eliminating calvinist and pentecostal churches leaves you with the lutherans, arminian anglicans, arminian methodists, free will baptists, catholics, eastern orthodox, oriental orthodox, anabaptists, and restorationists.

Upvote 0

TomLine

Already Disturbed, Enter At Your Own Risk
May 15, 2014
Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟8,146.00
Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Um, I think refusing to celebrate the Resurrection of Christ borders on unorthodox doctrinal discussion, but I'm not sure.

When you say "not a denomination" do you mean congregational policy?

Also, I think all Christians believe that Christ fulfilled prophecy.

Lastly, eliminating calvinist and pentecostal churches leaves you with the lutherans, arminian anglicans, arminian methodists, free will baptists, catholics, eastern orthodox, oriental orthodox, anabaptists, and restorationists.

I honor the resurrection of Christ. I do not believe it is Biblical to mix it with paganism. And that is what Easter is.

When I say denomination, I mean denomination. Anglicans, Baptists, Church of Christ, Episcopalians, Lutheran, Mennonite, Nazarene, etc.

Upvote 0
Feb 2, 2013
✟19,178.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Private
I honor the resurrection of Christ. I do not believe it is Biblical to mix it with paganism. And that is what Easter is.

Then call it Pascha if you like :)

When I say denomination, I mean denomination. Anglicans, Baptists, Church of Christ, Episcopalians, Lutheran, Mennonite, Nazarene, etc.

Ok well most non-denominational churches are pretty close to baptists

Upvote 0

TomLine

May 15, 2014
Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟8,146.00
Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Not necessarily. Try taking this quiz. It's not totally accurate so definitely post your results here:

I took that quiz twice. And both times it came up with Orthodox Quakerism. That's not possible.

Upvote 0

TomLine

May 15, 2014
Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟8,146.00
Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Why don't you think it's right?

1. It's a man made denomination.

2. They believe in the traditional trinity.

Although, there is one thing I agree with. The idea that we have an inner something, which they call an inner light, I call an inner voice. Whatever the case maybe. Man has a spirit. And when one becomes a Christian, it is his inner spirit that is regenerated, not the flesh.

From what I can gather in my brief research, Quakers believe that inner light is always there. While it is true, man has an inner spirit, it is not the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit enters when one is converted. Even a conscience must be developed, which depends on who we live with. We learn first from the family we are born into, or adopted by, etc. It is there we learn right from wrong, hopefully. And that is how our conscience is formed. So, I don't believe we have the little bit of God, or the seed of Christ, in us from birth.

Now, my mother was a religious person. She often played religious programs on the radio. And perhaps that is how I developed as I did. At a very young age that was all I was interested in. Then on my 7th birthday, my parents gave me a Bible. And I have loved that book ever since. Perhaps, that seed of Christ, or that inner light began developing back then.

In some children it never develops. Infants today are not too often exposed to religious programming on the radio. Or a mother singing hymns while she did her chores. That just doesn't happen too often. And it shows in society. Children are often messed up almost as soon as they are born.

Sorry, I am rambling, which I could do all day.

Upvote 0
Feb 2, 2013
✟19,178.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Private
1. It's a man made denomination.

2. They believe in the traditional trinity.

Although, there is one thing I agree with. The idea that we have an inner something, which they call an inner light, I call an inner voice. Whatever the case maybe. Man has a spirit. And when one becomes a Christian, it is his inner spirit that is regenerated, not the flesh.

From what I can gather in my brief research, Quakers believe that inner light is always there. While it is true, man has an inner spirit, it is not the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit enters when one is converted. Even a conscience must be developed, which depends on who we live with. We learn first from the family we are born into, or adopted by, etc. It is there we learn right from wrong, hopefully. And that is how our conscience is formed. So, I don't believe we have the little bit of God, or the seed of Christ, in us from birth.

Now, my mother was a religious person. She often played religious programs on the radio. And perhaps that is how I developed as I did. At a very young age that was all I was interested in. Then on my 7th birthday, my parents gave me a Bible. And I have loved that book ever since. Perhaps, that seed of Christ, or that inner light began developing back then.

In some children it never develops. Infants today are not too often exposed to religious programming on the radio. Or a mother singing hymns while she did her chores. That just doesn't happen too often. And it shows in society. Children are often messed up almost as soon as they are born.

Sorry, I am rambling, which I could do all day.

What makes a man made individual church more acceptable than a man-made denomination?

Also, the Trinity is core Christian doctrine and discussing non-Trinitarian churches is not allowed here. You are allowed to discuss those churches at the unorthodox theology subforum

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

graceandpeace

Episcopalian
Sep 12, 2013
✟22,175.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Every church - even one that states it is "non-denominational" - is still a sect of some sort & therefore is a denomination. So, what you're looking for doesn't exist.

The idea that Christmas & Easter are "pagan" has been debunked many times, even on this website. The only group I know of that would agree with you about rejecting holidays for whatever reason is Jehovah's Witnesses; however, they are not orthodox Christians & I can't suggest their group.

Now, if we just worked off of the remaining criteria - that is, finding a church that is not Calvinist or Pentecostal - then we can have a conversation about options. Otherwise, there is really no way for anyone on this site to help you.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.