Christ 3 days in the Grave Contreversy

Status
Not open for further replies.
chronological event of the Passover week

a day, twelve hour day - daylight

John 11:9-10
9 Jesus answered, Are there not twelve hours in the day? If any man walk in the day, he stumbleth not, because he seeth the light of this world.
10 But if a man walk in the night, he stumbleth, because there is no light in him.

a 24 hour day - consisting of daylight and night

Genesis 1:5, 8, 13, 19, 23, 31
1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.
5 And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.
8 And God called the firmament Heaven. And the evening and the morning were the second day.
13 And the evening and the morning were the third day.
19 And the evening and the morning were the fourth day.
23 And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.
31 And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day.

Therefore, if darkness was upon the face of the deep in the beginning, then evening precedes morning in the twenty four hour day (Genesis. 1:5, 8, 13, 19, 23, 31; Leviticus 23:32; Matthew 26:20; Deuteronomy 16:6; Mark 14:15-17).

Thirdly, there are numerous Scriptures which make reference to the three days and three nights; however, if each is not categorized correctly, we draw a faulty conclusion:

Remember, the original Scripture concerning Yasha`TM Mashiyach (Jesus Christ) indicated how long he would be in the grave (the heart of the earth). Similar to the way we compared Scripture with Scripture to find out what was in the communion cup, we must also compare Scriptures to understand the Resurrection.

When reading other Scriptures concerning the three days and three nights, we must be careful to start our count of these days at the right time. Some biblical students start counting from different points; instead of starting their count when He was placed in the heart of the earth,

Listed on the next several pages depict a chronological event of the Passover week resultant to the comparison of the four gospels in the Bible.

Wednesday
Killing of the passover lamb on the even of the fourteenth

Matthew 26:17-20
17 Now the first day of the feast of unleavened bread the disciples came to Jesus, saying unto him, Where wilt thou that we prepare for thee to eat the passover?
18 And he said, Go into the city to such a man, and say unto him, The Master saith, My time is at hand; I will keep the passover at thy house with my disciples.
19 And the disciples did as Jesus had appointed them; and they made ready the passover.
20 Now when the even was come, he sat down with the twelve.

Mark 14:12-17
12 And the first day of unleavened bread, when they killed the passover, his disciples said unto him, Where wilt thou that we go and prepare that thou mayest eat the passover?
14 And wheresoever he shall go in, say ye to the goodman of the house, The Master saith, Where is the guestchamber, where I shall eat the passover with my disciples?
16 And his disciples went forth, and came into the city, and found as he had said unto them: and they made ready the passover.
17 And in the evening he cometh with the twelve.

Luke 22:7-14
7 Then came the day of unleavened bread, when the passover must be killed.
8 And he sent Peter and John, saying, Go and prepare us the passover, that we may eat.
9 And they said unto him, Where wilt thou that we prepare?
10 And he said unto them, Behold, when ye are entered into the city, there shall a man meet you, bearing a pitcher of water; follow him into the house where he entereth in.
11 And ye shall say unto the goodman of the house, The Master saith unto thee, Where is the guestchamber, where I shall eat the passover with my disciples?
12 And he shall shew you a large upper room furnished: there make ready.
13 And they went, and found as he had said unto them: and they made ready the passover.
14 And when the hour was come, he sat down, and the twelve apostles with him.
John 13:2
2 And supper being ended, the devil having now put into the heart of Judas Iscariot, Simon's son, to betray him;

Thursday
Yasha brought before chief priest, scourged and crucified. Morn. (14th)

Matthew 26:59-66
59 Now the chief priests, and elders, and all the council, sought false witness against Jesus, to put him to death;
60 But found none: yea, though many false witnesses came, yet found they none. At the last came two false witnesses,
61 And said, This fellow said, I am able to destroy the temple of God, and to build it in three days.
62 And the high priest arose, and said unto him, Answerest thou nothing? what is it which these witness against thee?
63 But Jesus held his peace. And the high priest answered and said unto him, I adjure thee by the living God, that thou tell us whether thou be the Christ, the Son of God.
Mark 14:55-64
55 And the chief priests and all the council sought for witness against Jesus to put him to death; and found none.
56 For many bare false witness against him, but their witness agreed not together.
57 And there arose certain, and bare false witness against him, saying,
58 We heard him say, I will destroy this temple that is made with hands, and within three days I will build another made without hands.
59 But neither so did their witness agree together.
60 And the high priest stood up in the midst, and asked Jesus, saying, Answerest thou nothing? what is it which these witness against thee?

Luke 22:66-71
66 And as soon as it was day, the elders of the people and the chief priests and the scribes came together, and led him into their council, saying,
67 Art thou the Christ? tell us. And he said unto them, If I tell you, ye will not believe:
68 And if I also ask you, ye will not answer me, nor let me go.

John 18:19-24
19 The high priest then asked Jesus of his disciples, and of his doctrine.
20 Jesus answered him, I spake openly to the world; I ever taught in the synagogue, and in the temple, whither the Jews always resort; and in secret have I said nothing.
21 Why askest thou me? ask them which heard me, what I have said unto them: behold, they know what I said.

Thursday (continued)
Yasha brought before chief priest, scourged and crucified. Morn. (14th)

Matthew 26:59-66
64 Jesus saith unto him, Thou hast said: nevertheless I say unto you, Hereafter shall ye see the Son of man sitting on the right hand of power, and coming in the clouds of heaven.
65 Then the high priest rent his clothes, saying, He hath spoken blasphemy; what further need have we of witnesses? behold, now ye have heard his blasphemy.
66 What think ye? They answered and said, He is guilty of death.
Mark 14:55-64
61 But he held his peace, and answered nothing. Again the high priest asked him, and said unto him, Art thou the Christ, the Son of the Blessed?
62 And Jesus said, I am: and ye shall see the Son of man sitting on the right hand of power, and coming in the clouds of heaven.
63 Then the high priest rent his clothes, and saith, What need we any further witnesses?
64 Ye have heard the blasphemy: what think ye? And they all condemned him to be guilty of death.
Luke 22:66-71
69 Hereafter shall the Son of man sit on the right hand of the power of God.
70 Then said they all, Art thou then the Son of God? And he said unto them, Ye say that I am.
71 And they said, What need we any further witness? for we ourselves have heard of his own mouth.
John 18:19-24
22 And when he had thus spoken, one of the officers which stood by struck Jesus with the palm of his hand, saying, Answerest thou the high priest so?
23 Jesus answered him, If I have spoken evil, bear witness of the evil: but if well, why smitest thou me?
24 Now Annas had sent him bound unto Caiaphas the high priest.

Thursday
Yasha`TM taken down from cross and placed in sepulcher (earth) Preparation Day

Matthew 27:57-61
57 When the even was come, there came a rich man of Arimathaea, named Joseph, who also himself was Jesus' disciple:
58 He went to Pilate, and begged the body of Jesus. Then Pilate commanded the body to be delivered.
59 And when Joseph had taken the body, he wrapped it in a clean linen cloth,
Mark 15:42-47
42 And now when the even was come, because it was the preparation, that is, the day before the sabbath,
43 Joseph of Arimathaea, an honourable counsellor, which also waited for the kingdom of God, came, and went in boldly unto Pilate, and craved the body of Jesus.
44 And Pilate marvelled if he were already dead: and calling unto him the centurion, he asked him whether he had been any while dead.
45 And when he knew it of the centurion, he gave the body to Joseph.

Luke 23:50-54
50 And, behold, there was a man named Joseph, a counsellor; and he was a good man, and a just:

51 (The same had not consented to the counsel and deed of them he was of Arimathaea, a city of the Jews: who also himself waited for the kingdom of God.
52 This man went unto Pilate, and begged the body of Jesus.

John 19:38-42
38 And after this Joseph of Arimathaea, being a disciple of Jesus, but secretly for fear of the Jews, besought Pilate that he might take away the body of Jesus: and Pilate gave him leave. He came therefore, and took the body of Jesus.
39 And there came also Nicodemus, which at the first came to Jesus by night, and brought a mixture of myrrh and aloes, about an hundred pound weight.
40 Then took they the body of Jesus, and wound it in linen clothes with the spices, as the manner of the Jews is to bury.

Thursday (continued)
Yasha taken down from cross and placed in sepulcher (earth) Preparation Day

Matthew 27:57-61
60 And laid it in his own new tomb, which he had hewn out in the rock: and he rolled a great stone to the door of the sepulchre, and departed.
61 And there was Mary Magdalene, and the other Mary, sitting over against the sepulchre.
Mark 15:42-47
46 And he bought fine linen, and took him down, and wrapped him in the linen, and laid him in a sepulchre which was hewn out of a rock, and rolled a stone unto the door of the sepulchre.
47 And Mary Magdalene and Mary the mother of Joses beheld where he was laid.
Luke 23:50-54
52 This man went unto Pilate, and begged the body of Jesus.
53 And he took it down, and wrapped it in linen, and laid it in a sepulchre that was hewn in stone, wherein never man before was laid.
54 And that day was the preparation, and the sabbath drew on.
John 19:38-42
41 Now in the place where he was crucified there was a garden; and in the garden a new sepulchre, wherein was never man yet laid.
42 There laid they Jesus therefore because of the Jews' preparation day; for the sepulchre was nigh at hand.

Friday
The sabbath day (resting according to the sabbath)

Luke 23:54-56
54 And that day was the preparation, and the sabbath drew on.
55 And the women also, which came with him from Galilee, followed after, and beheld the sepulchre, and how his body was laid.
56 And they returned, and prepared spices and ointments; and rested the sabbath day according to the commandment.
John 19:42
42 There laid they Jesus therefore because of the Jews' preparation day; for the sepulchre was nigh at hand.

YOU ASKED FOR IT!!!

IT'S NOT MEANT FOR EVERYONE TO RECIEVE THIS DOCTRINE WILLINGLY JUST THE SHEEP WHO
HEARS YAH'S VOICE AND DESIRE LONG LIFE&HEALTH

THEREFORE I KNOW YOU WILL NOT HEAR AND UNDERSTAND WHAT I'M SAYING BECAUSE THE MESSIAH
WAS ACCUSED OF GOING AGAINST THE MAJORITY OF HIS OWN PEOPLES ERRORS AND FLAWED TEACHINGS

The Gospel of Mk uses the phrase "after 3 days", while Matt and Luke use "on the 3rd day". The Jewish usage of this phrase seems to be more or less equivalent to our expression " the day after tomorrow", or is denoting an indefinite period of time. I'm curious: what controversy do you mean. God bless, Al

Upvote 0

Singleman

Alone but not really
Mar 6, 2003
Rocky Mountains
✟7,852.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
 I didn't know there was a controversy. I thought it was acknowledged that the above expressions are basically interchangeable, along with the notion that the Jews accepted any part of a day as a whole day. Friday evening through Sunday morning makes three days by that reckoning.

Upvote 0
Aikido: just noticed your slogan. "putting the FUN back into fundamentalism". I grew up in Midwestern fundamentalism in the '50's and '60's. I am grateful for much good that I received from fund., but eventually considered myself evangelical. I saw much in that historic movement that I felt needed change: legalism regarding personal ethics, racism( I never traveled to Selma during Civil Rights Movement--many of the people at our Bible Church in suburban Chicago were racist enough), a lack of concern for the social aspect of the Gospel: the "cup of cold water in Jesus' Name, concern for the poor, the needy and the oppressed. My fund. friends worried that I might become liberal because of my committment to higher education and I never could understand their dogmatism on secondary doctrinal issues, eg. eschatology(the rapture, the millenium,etc.). I realize these thots are scattered and I really mean no offense. Why do you prefer to call yourself fund. and not evangelical? God bless, Al

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.