Orlando, Florida
✟1,260,043.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
Chris Hedges, a former war journalist and a Presbyterian elder, speaks prophetically about the circumstances of our country:

(just be warned there is some semi-nudity in the video).

If I had some churches near me where I could hear that sort of message, I might still be a churchgoer. It is a powerful message indeed, and rings true- if you don't want a meaningless life, don't engage in a capitalist consumer culture of alienation, seek justice, do mercy. As it is, too many American Christians are more interested in hyper-individualistic spirituality that is ultimately about reconciling us to a very damaging pattern of living that is harming our shared humanity and our planet.

pescador

Wise old man
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2011
✟498,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Chris Hedges, a former war journalist and a Presbyterian elder, speaks prophetically about the circumstances of our country:

I wish I had some churches near me where I could hear that sort of message. As it is, too many American Christians are more interested in hyper-individualistic spirituality that is ultimately about reconciling us to a very damaging pattern of living that is harming our shared humanity and our planet.

You probably want to change the title of your post. :angel: The way it reads now is quite humorous: "Christ hedges on American psychosis"

• Haha
Reactions: Sparagmos
Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,260,043.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
You probably want to change the title of your post. :angel: The way it reads now is quite humorous: "Christ hedges on American psychosis"

I'm not sure how to do that but just about any way I would have worded it might seem a bit odd.

Just watch the video. Hedges is insightful and the short documentary is well done and artistic. He puts his finger on just what exactly is wrong in America. It's a crisis in values, only they aren't the kind that Christians typically fight for in the public square.

Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟380,049.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican

If I had some churches near me where I could hear that sort of message, I might still be a churchgoer. It is a powerful message indeed, and rings true- if you don't want a meaningless life, don't engage in a capitalist consumer culture of alienation, seek justice, do mercy. As it is, too many American Christians are more interested in hyper-individualistic spirituality that is ultimately about reconciling us to a very damaging pattern of living that is harming our shared humanity and our planet.
Where do you think regular or semi-regular acts of charity fall into that?

Upvote 0