Houston
✟26,450.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I have been at the highs and the very deep pits of the lows in my faith with God. I grew up in Baptist schools and would become unsure of my faith in a secular university at age 21. The study of apologetics became my life, trying to see if the childhood faith i once had was valid.

Was diagnosed with Pure OCD at 30. Was medicated and now off due to the lack of emotions and inability to cry amongst severe weight gain.

I stand before you today, one who prays, one who chooses to believe in God and have faith. But I lack the ability to really get a grip on the Bible and its stories. If i could sum it up, i believe in God with my heart but not my mind.

I want to be able to choose to have faith in God. At this point thats all i can do. Please can someone advise on what i need to do to become closer to God, and be in His good graces. At times i am blessed with the ability to believe and others, i am faithless. I more than anything want to be close to God and be able to trust in Him

ajcarey

Jun 3, 2019
Midwest
✟46,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
You can choose to receive and follow God's Word to the best of your ability. When God sees that heart in you, He has promised to protect you spiritually and keep you. Call on the Lord Jesus and trust that He is able to cause you to stand by faith and keep you by His power. Make sure that you have renounced all sin before Him and are willing to be His servant for life.

"He that covereth his sins shall not prosper: but whoso confesseth and forsaketh them shall have mercy." (Proverbs 28:13)

"14 Seeing then that we have a great high priest, that is passed into the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our profession. 15 For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin. 16 Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need." (Hebrews 4:14-16)

Upvote 0

Job3315

Apr 21, 2018
United States
✟89,540.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I have been at the highs and the very deep pits of the lows in my faith with God. I grew up in Baptist schools and would become unsure of my faith in a secular university at age 21. The study of apologetics became my life, trying to see if the childhood faith i once had was valid.

Was diagnosed with Pure OCD at 30. Was medicated and now off due to the lack of emotions and inability to cry amongst severe weight gain.

I stand before you today, one who prays, one who chooses to believe in God and have faith. But I lack the ability to really get a grip on the Bible and its stories. If i could sum it up, i believe in God with my heart but not my mind.

I want to be able to choose to have faith in God. At this point thats all i can do. Please can someone advise on what i need to do to become closer to God, and be in His good graces. At times i am blessed with the ability to believe and others, i am faithless. I more than anything want to be close to God and be able to trust in Him
One time He reminded me that rest is also a way to worship. When I get a revelation I tend to go deep in it, but at some point I had to stop and rest and simply seek His heart; go back to basics, His love for people, His promises. I also learned to be in silence and in privacy with Him. I try to quiet my mind, I don't worship, don't tell Him anything, I just sit there knowing He is there with me. I don't try to picture Him next to me, just silence. Its harder than it looks, but it helps a lot.

Upvote 0