Choose ye this day, whom ye shall serve!

Willing-heart

In Christ Alone.
Site Supporter
Sep 24, 2017
Gloucester
Visit site
✟221,662.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
As silly as it sounds, one of the hardest thing for me to do was to give up my love for the television programme “charmed,” which is based on witchcraft and witches fighting other witches for the greater good of saving humanity. There are sadly so many of occult and satanic power promoted in the media (for examples in films such as X-Men, Black Panther, Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, etc.), and they have a great impact on our lives more than we know, even though they are often based on fiction. Unless we open our spiritual eyes to see them for what they really are, we will remain blind. I think that is where the saying, ‘ignorance is bliss’ comes from. But in all truth, nothing comes from indifference.

The bible tells us very clearly that there are only two supernatural powers in the world – one is a little supernatural power and the other is a mighty supernatural power, there is Satan’s power and there is God’s power. The question you just have to ask yourself is this, “which power are you dealing with? Which power is being displayed or being promoted as good in the movie?” Although many will point to some good things that are performed by the characters and try and justify it. We need to remember that Satan is very subtle, he is clever enough at disguising evil as good, right as wrong, which he succeeded at right from the beginning when he tempted Adam and Eve to give in to sin.

Insight into the Subtle Sin of Idolatry

Sam91

Child of the Living God
Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2016
United Kingdom
✟53,491.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
As silly as it sounds, one of the hardest thing for me to do was to give up my love for the television programme “charmed,” which is based on witchcraft and witches fighting other witches for the greater good of saving humanity. There are sadly so many of occult and satanic power promoted in the media (for examples in films such as X-Men, Black Panther, Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, etc.), and they have a great impact on our lives more than we know, even though they are often based on fiction. Unless we open our spiritual eyes to see them for what they really are, we will remain blind. I think that is where the saying, ‘ignorance is bliss’ comes from. But in all truth, nothing comes from indifference.

The bible tells us very clearly that there are only two supernatural powers in the world – one is a little supernatural power and the other is a mighty supernatural power, there is Satan’s power and there is God’s power. The question you just have to ask yourself is this, “which power are you dealing with? Which power is being displayed or being promoted as good in the movie?” Although many will point to some good things that are performed by the characters and try and justify it. We need to remember that Satan is very subtle, he is clever enough at disguising evil as good, right as wrong, which he succeeded at right from the beginning when he tempted Adam and Eve to give in to sin.

Insight into the Subtle Sin of Idolatry
Strange. When I repented nearly two years ago I was going through the run throughs of Charmed. I discovered there was a whole new season that I hadn't watched. I had to give it up too. I missed it for the first few days. I also had to stop liking Harry Potter.

I am glad that you also realised that it is not something we should do anymore.

Upvote 0

Doug Melven

Nov 2, 2017
Wyoming
✟83,208.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I was never a big fan of Harry Potter, and the only reason I ever watched Charmed was to watch Phoebe.
And I don't believe there is such a thing as a "good witch".
Which is what those shows try to promote.
As for Star Wars and Star Trek and all the rest of the sci-fi shows I have noticed that they have an agenda that they are trying to promote. And it is not healthy for a Christian.
Fox has a Star Trek parody show called Orville which is particularly nasty.
It seems like every episode was promoting something anti-Christian so I decided I better stop watching it.

• Agree
Reactions: Willing-heart
Upvote 0

Not me

Righteousness is right and not me.
Feb 26, 2018
California
✟263,015.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I’m a old guy. I can remember a time when Christian thought and morals were propagated on television. So sad that now-a-days it’s all an elevation of sin and wickedness. When “evil is called good and good is called evil.”
So sad. :(

Much love and prayers, in Christ, Not me

Upvote 0

Willing-heart

In Christ Alone.
Site Supporter
Sep 24, 2017
Gloucester
Visit site
✟221,662.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Strange. When I repented nearly two years ago I was going through the run throughs of Charmed. I discovered there was a whole new season that I hadn't watched. I had to give it up too. I missed it for the first few days. I also had to stop liking Harry Potter.

I am glad that you also realised that it is not something we should do anymore.

I actually started watching charmed half way through the season, this was probably a decade ago now. And after reaching the end, I wanted to go back to the start, so I bought the whole series box set which didn't come cheap. But then, my walk with God was growing and deep inside of me, I knew I just had to give it up so I got rid of it and also a few other series box set too.

I was never a big fan of Harry Potter, and the only reason I ever watched Charmed was to watch Phoebe.
And I don't believe there is such a thing as a "good witch".
Which is what those shows try to promote.
As for Star Wars and Star Trek and all the rest of the sci-fi shows I have noticed that they have an agenda that they are trying to promote. And it is not healthy for a Christian.
Fox has a Star Trek parody show called Orville which is particularly nasty.
It seems like every episode was promoting something anti-Christian so I decided I better stop watching it.

TV are even promoting Satan. There is a TV called Lucifer, I've never seen it but seen the trailer. I could be wrong but the character Lucifer is promoted as being a good in the series. Also, there is Games of Thrones, I nearly got into once, but just not my cup of tea, and to think about it I don't think it makes good influence for Christians either.

I’m a old guy. I can remember a time when Christian thought and morals were propagated on television. So sad that now-a-days it’s all an elevation of sin and wickedness. When “evil is called good and good is called evil.”
So sad. :(

Much love and prayers, in Christ, Not me

I don't actually have a Television anymore, however I do like to stay informed what's going on in this mad world. God help us all

• Agree
Reactions: Sam91
Upvote 0

Doug Melven

Nov 2, 2017
Wyoming
✟83,208.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
TV are even promoting Satan. There is a TV called Lucifer, I've never seen it but seen the trailer. I could be wrong but the character Lucifer is promoted as being a good in the series. Also, there is Games of Thrones, I nearly got into once, but just not my cup of tea, and to think about it I don't think it makes good influence for Christians either.
I have never seen the show Lucifer, just saw that it was coming up, but never bothered with it.
I have heard of Christians defending watching Game of Thrones, despite the nudity. I don't understand how any Christian can watch that show.

• Agree
Reactions: Willing-heart
Upvote 0