• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Choose 3 of these things.

Discussion in 'Singles (Only*)' started by Rene Loup, May 20, 2019.

1. Good Health

17 vote(s)
    68.0%
  2. Money

10 vote(s)
    40.0%
  3. Fundamentals

4 vote(s)
    16.0%
  4. Love

16 vote(s)
    64.0%
  5. Change

4 vote(s)
    16.0%
  6. Fame

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Peace

16 vote(s)
    64.0%
  8. Freedom

6 vote(s)
    24.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Rene Loup

Rene Loup A saved wolf among sheep. Supporter

+11,947
    Canada
    Christian
    Celibate
    Good Health - We all wish for good health, but for some this is a more pressing matter than others. Those of us who have good health of course will wish that it continues, and we’ll wish the same for our friends and family. For those of us who don’t have good health however, who are maybe disabled or terminally ill, this is likely to become an all-consuming wish. It’s then that you realise just how important good health is – don’t take it for granted.

Money - Money it seems is something we can never get enough of. Those living below the poverty line for instance would count this at the top of the top 10 things people wish for, and life would surely be much easier for them if they had the resources to afford the things they wanted and they needed. But what makes this really one of the top ten things people wish for is the fact that even those of us who have enough money still end up wishing for more. Dreaming of being incredibly rich, living in a mansion, going on lavish holidays and wearing the nicest clothes are things many of us have in common.

The Fundamentals - By the fundamentals I mean the basic requirements we all need to survive. Maybe it doesn’t cross your mind much, but just like health you will find it’s all you wish for when you don’t have access to food, shelter or medical treatment. Millions of people in developing countries wish for these basics and for them other concerns like fame seem completely unimportant.

Love - If you have ever lost someone you love, then you will know just how hard this makes you wish for them to come back or just for the opportunity to see them again. Likewise the broken hearted will often wish hard for their loved ones to come back to them and to rekindle their romance. Then there are those of us who love from afar and who wish we could be noticed and our love wouldn’t go unrequited, and those of us who have yet to meet that special someone and dream of that chance encounter. Love is something we all wish for, but it’s also very complicated even once you have it.

To Change Ourselves - It’s a sad statement, but one of the top 10 things people wish for is definitely the ability to change something about themselves. Whether that means wishing they were more talented, more confident or more attractive, many people suffer with low self-esteem and think that their life would get better if only they were born differently. What’s important to realise though is that you have all the tools you need just as you are – it’s about learning to use them.

Fame - If you ask people what their dreams involve, then a lot of them will include fame in some shape or form. Whether we want to be famous rock stars, famous movie stars or just famous for the sake of being famous, it seems that many people hold fame as the potential answer to their problems and a great aim to set their sights on.

Peace - If you are to believe the winners of Miss World competitions the world over, then world peace is definitely one of the top ten things people wish for. While these beautiful winners may just be saying what they want people to hear though, ask anyone who has ever fought in a war or lived in a war zone and they’ll definitely tell you that they dream of peace.

Freedom - This is again something you probably don’t give much thought to, but those who have been denied their freedom and basic human rights will certainly know just how important freedom is and will wish hard to get theirs back – whether that’s someone in jail or someone living in an autocratic society.

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. yeshuaslavejeff

yeshuaslavejeff simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua

+8,255
    Anabaptist
    No.
    The Bible says that anyone who desires to be rich falls into many temptations and sins.

Jesus specifically said all the gentiles worry about money, but
    Jesus' disciples are not even supposed to think about such, including food and clothes,
    because the heavenly Father KNOWS what we all have need of and
    we are to TRUST and to RELY ON HIM.

3. Danielwright2311

Danielwright2311 Well-Known Member Supporter

+1,202
    United States
    Christian
    Divorced
    I could not choose, because God is not in there, and I wish for him and nothing else.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  4. Rene Loup

+11,947
    Canada
    Christian
    Celibate
    You can have God and any of these three things in your earthly life. This poll is not made to test your faith, it's just something done for fun.

5. Sketcher

Sketcher Born Imperishable

+4,788
    Non-Denom
    Single
    US-Republican
    Are we assuming that if one selected Money but not the Fundamentals, that they for some reason wouldn't be able to purchase or otherwise obtain the Fundamentals?

6. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) War, what is it good for?

+3,556
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    US-Constitution
    so far health is winning. makes me curious how many nervous neds and worried wendys we have posting here. lol

7. Nithavela

Nithavela lologist

+9,595
    Germany
    Other Religion
    Single
    It seems that you have never experienced true sickness in yourself or close family and friends.

8. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) War, what is it good for?

+3,556
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    US-Constitution
    actually i have. and i'd still take the alternatives of love, peace, and joy. thanks

9. Handmaid for Jesus

Handmaid for Jesus You can't steal my joy Supporter

+26,315
    Protestant
    Private
    US-Others
    Seems like I am the only one who wants money.

• Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  10. Danielwright2311

Danielwright2311 Well-Known Member Supporter

+1,202
    United States
    Christian
    Divorced
    I had money, It did nothing to make me happy.

And when I was what we all call comfortable, I was the most uncomfortable, lazy and unhealthy.

I made excuses and thought I had power when I had no power at all. What I miss took as power, was greed in others heart.

11. Rene Loup

+11,947
    Canada
    Christian
    Celibate
    One bad investment could make you lose everything or make you a huge target for criminals and "friends". I've heard plenty of lottery winner stories where their lives turned out for the worse because of their lavish spending. Plus some are just fine with the basic needs. For me, fundamentals are my basic needs, access to jobs, social connections, anything to live a normal life.

12. MehGuy

MehGuy Free speech warrior degenerate Supporter

+6,420
    United States
    Atheist
    Single
    US-Others
    Depends.. I'm not really one for lavish spending.. just a decent house and whatnot.. and its easy for me to shut people out of my life.. especially those who just want handouts.. lol.

13. Rubiks

Rubiks armchair linguist

+2,026
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    I chose good health, love, and peace.

14. gennypearl

gennypearl ... Supporter

+40,865
    Philippines
    Catholic
    Single
    I chose good health, love and money. My first choices would have been good health, money and fundamentals. But if you have money, you can provide yourself with the fundamentals and you can also help other people through charitable acts.

15. Handmaid for Jesus

+26,315
    Protestant
    Private
    US-Others
    Those were my choices also.And I agree with you about having money.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  16. Handmaid for Jesus

+26,315
    Protestant
    Private
    US-Others
    I have heard some awful lottery winner stories. If I came into significant money, I would pray for wisdom. Money does seem to bring out the fool in people. I would just like to try my hand at having it.

17. com7fy8

com7fy8 Well-Known Member Supporter

+3,013
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    If we live in God's love, we have all which God desires in us and for us. So, love the first choice guarantees all He desires for the rest.

Also, if we choose peace, this means we will have freedom, and there will be the change in our character so we have these the way God wants.

And good health means how in us our Heavenly Father is curing our nature so we are sharing with Him in His own love which is sound and of family caring and sharing which is so healthy :)

18. Anthony7

Anthony7 Rigatoni

+4,198
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Single
    US-Others
    Looks like good health, love and peace are in the lead.

I chose love, fundamentals and good health. The love of God is our most ultimate need, and would enable me to be content no matter the circumstance. However, the necessities for survival and good health would important as well. I honestly desire a simple lifestyle, perhaps out in the country away from big cities. Even the idea of being self-sufficient and living completely off the grid is alluring.

I've had my own small taste of fame years ago. It's exciting for awhile, but eventually becomes a heavy burden and stressful to try to meet everyone's expectations. Wealth would certainly be nice too, but not at the expense of the other selections. I would be content having what I need and living a quiet lifestyle. We are vagabonds in this world anyway. :oldthumbsup:

19. ProGoddess

ProGoddess Daughter of My Lord

+637
    Christian
    Single
    With the love of the Lord, everything else will come in place. Where would I be without Him?

Everyone knows this verse - John 3:16, "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." It is because he died and rose again that He gives me the tomorrow to live.

There was a Muslim woman who was very devoted to her religion. She would cover her head, cloth herself properly, pray 5 times a day, fast, and follow any other rituals according to the Islamic law. One of the things she liked to do was singing. She was always humming away most of the time. Sometime songs in English or music in her own language. One day, she tried to cheer up an old man who appeared to be quiet, low self-esteem, lonely, secluded and isolated, but knowing that he was a Christian. She said, "I don't know about your religion, but I know this song." Then she started to sing "Amazing Grace." The old man was stunned, opened his eyes wide, then he smiled and hummed along.

As I was pondering on this story, how often did we miss out someone or something along our lives that we did not take notice of or care for? But thanks to God, He is always faithful. He can raise anyone or use anything to bring us closer to Him, just like what He did when he was on earth. The reason that "we love Him, because He first loved us (1 John 4:19).

As much as life is cruel, but if we have faith and trust in Him, He will take care of us, and bring us through.

I would choose Jesus' love over everything else as I know He is faithful and a God of love.

Then the next will be fundamentals. A simple life has always been what I have wished for. Being down-to-earth and be grateful of what we are blessed with. Even if I have to travel to far, far away land is fine. I don't know where I will be but I know the Lord will lead me.

The next will be good health and money. The creation of medicine did not come by accident. The Lord brings forth doctors of this world for a reason, for many of them are fighting diseases as what the Lord does, except that they cannot conquer death but only the Lord, which He did 2000 years ago on the cross.

Proverbs 17:22, "A merry heart doeth good like a medicine: but a broken spirit drieth the bones." Even our body has its function for good health. There are studies which have shown results of positive thinking can produce serotonin in our brain. Serotonin is a happy chemical that contributes to our wellbeing and happiness. It helps to regulate our body's sleep-wake cycles and internal clock. It also helps in our appetite, emotions, motor and cognitive functions. People who have low serotonin may be linked to depression.

Then what about laughter? It helps to strengthen our immune system, boost the mood and reduce stress and tension. Some studies have also found evidence that link to decrease in the risk of heart diseases and having long life.

1 Corinthians 6:19, " Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God?..." So, let's take good care of it and it will serve us well through our years.

I put money as secondary because we do need some form of material while living on this earth. We need to buy essentials - food, clothes, shelter, household goods, etc - regardless how simple our life may be, we do need some money to live day-by-day. He is a good shepherd. Till the day comes when the Lord will lift us up, and we meet Him face-to-face.

When I was a kid, I used to sing this song. I now dedicate to you all - The Joy of the Lord is My Strength

I wish everyone good health, and be in the love and joy of our Lord.

:amen:

20. kittysbecute

kittysbecute Jedi Apprentice

+2,957
    United States
    Protestant
    In Relationship
    US-Republican
    I think happiness or joy should be on this list.
    I think based on this list it is complicated what I want. I think of peace as an inner assurance and confidence/faith or knowledge. I think that list is all physical/concrete things, what I really want is more abstract. I will choose peace though.