United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Says could be used to register guest workers, ID at workplace

The maker of the controversial radio-frequency tracking chip suggests implanting the device in immigrants and guest workers.

Scott Silverman, chairman of the board of VeriChip Corp., was responding to the Bush administration's call to know "who is in our country and why they are here."

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=50462

A

applepowerpc

Frankly, all along I thought the whole "illegal immigration" thing had to do with stuff like this. I mean seriously--illegal immigration has been going on for decades. Heck, centuries. Why is it just now a major problem?

Really I thought the major reason this is just now an issue was about locking our borders down--not so much to immigration, but to EMMigration. But this agenda to chip implant people is related to it, and the effect is the same.

Upvote 0

AnotherAlias

Feb 27, 2006
✟404.00
Faith
Christian
I heard a different version of this story.

The chip maker is Frito Lay and they want to experiment by implanting Fritos corn chips into the Frito Bandito. It's one way of keeping track of chip sales. :D

Is this a credible story, or some kind of hoax? What in the World is World Net Daily, where this story came from? Is that like the National Enquirer?

Upvote 0

OhhJim

Often wrong, but never in doubt
Aug 19, 2004
Walnut Creek, CA
✟6,051.00
Faith
Non-Denom
AnotherAlias said:
What in the World is World Net Daily, where this story came from? Is that like the National Enquirer?

WND specializes in sensationalistic, unverifiable stories. They will quote minor, unimportant people, and make it sound like the government is on the verge of something, when they aren't. Or, they will make outrageous claims and hope you don't notice that they can't back them up.

In this case, a CEO wants the government to buy the product his company makes. Big freakin' deal, it happens all the time. It doesn't mean the government is going to buy it, it just means this guy wants them to.

Don't ever, ever use WorldNetDaily as a source of real news. They are the internet equivalent of the National Enquirer.

Upvote 0

AnotherAlias

Feb 27, 2006
✟404.00
Faith
Christian
OhhJim said:
WND specializes in sensationalistic, unverifiable stories. They will quote minor, unimportant people, and make it sound like the government is on the verge of something, when they aren't. Or, they will make outrageous claims and hope you don't notice that they can't back them up.

In this case, a CEO wants the government to buy the product his company makes. Big freakin' deal, it happens all the time. It doesn't mean the government is going to buy it, it just means this guy wants them to.

Don't ever, ever use WorldNetDaily as a source of real news. They are the internet equivalent of the National Enquirer.

I guess I'm pretty good at playing the straight guy. :D

I had a feeling they were rather unreputable. Thanks, for the information.

Can anyone explain why someone would even use them as a news source since they are in fact so unreliable?

Sounds like sensationalism to the nth degree over there.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

OhhJim

Often wrong, but never in doubt
Aug 19, 2004
Walnut Creek, CA
✟6,051.00
Faith
Non-Denom
AnotherAlias said:
Can anyone explain why someone would even use them as a news source since they are in fact so unreliable?

Some people don't realize they are unreliable.

Some people use them to support their own (sensationalistic) world view.

Some people aren't smart enough to read carefully.

Some people just like to get excited and run around like Chicken Little.

AnotherAlias said:
Sounds like sensationalism to the nth degree over there.

It's called Web Traffic. If they can demonstrate to advertisers that they get a certain number of hits, they will get more advertising dollars. Therefore, they have a greater motivation to be as outrageous as possible than they do to be as truthful as possible. Follow the money.

Upvote 0

Dracil

Dec 25, 2003
San Francisco
✟16,707.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Usually you can't go through some RFID thread without them harking on about that silliness. But they are remarkably quiet here. I suspect the silence is because these are to be put on those oh-so-dreadful immigrants.

Silence IS actually a form of speech in certain cases.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Daywolf

Ferret snacks!
Feb 22, 2006
Out of Zion!
✟15,874.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Dracil said:
Usually you can't go through some RFID thread without them harking on about that silliness. But they are remarkably quiet here. I suspect the silence is because these are to be put on those oh-so-dreadful immigrants.

Silence IS actually a form of speech in certain cases.
Well... you could always try to debate with yourself since those rapture people aren’t biting...

Upvote 0

Dracil

Dec 25, 2003
San Francisco
✟16,707.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
For the third time, that's the entire point. If you still don't understand it by now, you probably never will.

Tip: It's not about the rapture silliness. I *don't* want them to "bite" because the silence is revealing a very ugly aspect of themselves, which makes this thread a very good exhibit for me to show others.

Upvote 0

Daywolf

Ferret snacks!
Feb 22, 2006
Out of Zion!
✟15,874.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Dracil said:
It's not about the rapture silliness. I *don't* want them to "bite" because the silence is revealing a very ugly aspect of themselves, which makes this thread a very good exhibit for me to show others.
Oooh what a thoughtful post...

Upvote 0

Dracil

Dec 25, 2003
San Francisco
✟16,707.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
*shrug* They've been given the opportunity to show they aren't that bad. Meanwhile, the silence is deafening.

Person A: "Hey, X is really evil"
Person B: "What about if X happens to group Y, which you don't really like?"
Person A: "..."

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.