Chinese virologist: China's government 'intentionally' released COVID-19

Oompa Loompa

Against both police brutality and cop killing.
Jun 4, 2020
Louisiana
✟150,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Tin foil hats are recommended..

Chinese virologist: China's government 'intentionally' released COVID-19

The Chinese government intentionally manufactured and released the COVID-19 virus that led to mass shutdowns and deaths across the world, a top virologist and whistleblower told Fox News host Tucker Carlson on Tuesday.

Carlson specifically asked Dr. Li-Meng Yan whether she believed the Chinese Communist Party released the virus "on purpose." "Yes, of course, it's intentionally," she responded on "Tucker Carlson Tonight."

Yan said more evidence would be released but pointed to her own high-ranking position at a World Health Organization reference lab as a reason to trust her allegation.

"I work[ed] in the WHO reference lab, which is the top coronavirus lab in the world, in the University of Hong Kong. And the thing is I get deeply into such investigation in secret from the early beginning of this outbreak. I had my intelligence because I also get my own unit network in China, involved [in] the hospital ... also I work with the top corona[virus] virologist in the world," she said.

"So, together with my experience, I can tell you, this is created in the lab ... and also, it is spread to the world to make such damage."

Yan's comments conflicted with the opinion of Dr. Anthony Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases and White House coronavirus adviser, who previously cast doubt on the idea the virus was artificially created. In May, he told National Geographic: "If you look at the evolution of the virus in bats, and what's out there now is very, very strongly leaning toward this [virus] could not have been artificially or deliberately manipulated — the way the mutations have naturally evolved."

Other scientists have panned the idea that COVID-19 served as a sort of bioweapon or was released by a lab.

Fox News previously reported on Yan back in July, when she blew the whistle on China's alleged attempts to suppress information about its handling of the virus. With a vast network of contacts in Chinese medical facilities, Yan attempted to gather more information about the virus as China blocked overseas experts from conducting research in the country.

Her revelations fueled ongoing complaints that the Chinese government failed to tell the world early on about the virus' threat. Specifically, she believes the Chinese government ignored research that could have saved lives. The State Department did not immediately respond to Fox News' request for comment.

In response, her former employer, the University of Hong Kong, criticized her account. A press release noted "that the content of the said news report does not accord with the key facts as we understand them."

"Specifically, Dr Yan never conducted any research on human-to-human transmission of the novel coronavirus at [the University of Hong Kong] during December 2019 and January 2020, her central assertion of the said interview."

Yan, who said she was one of the first scientists in the world to study the novel coronavirus, fled China and currently fears retaliation. She was allegedly asked by her supervisor at the University/WHO reference lab, Dr. Leo Poon, in 2019 to look into the odd cluster of SARS-like cases coming out of mainland China at the end of December 2019.

Arc F1

Let the righteous man arise from slumber
Site Supporter
Mar 14, 2020
Kentucky
✟146,863.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Pavel Mosko

Arch-Dude of the Apostolic
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2016
Boyertown, PA.
✟768,575.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single

Yeah because you know more about the issues than a Chinese scientist who actually worked at the lab in question......and therefore should poison the well. Why even post the article?

China may not have "intentionally released" the virus as the headline implies, but that doesn't make them innocent. They certainly did release it by their passive-aggressively management of the situation. Beijing was extremely militant at trying to stop the virus from spreading to the other Chinese Providences and especially to the Capital city, meanwhile it silenced folks trying to warn about the outbreak and took no measures to protect the rest of the World from the virus.... so Chinese citizens and outsiders visiting China were free to to seed the virus around the World.

• Agree
Reactions: IntriKate
Upvote 0

Arcangl86

Dec 29, 2013
✟346,503.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
It's worth pointing out that Dr. Yan? (Not the normal order but that sounds more like a surname), is currently seeking asylum in the US, and President Trump has been quite vocal about his belief that China intentionally released the virus. So the fact that she's on the show of one of his strongest supporters confirming his belief is something that should be taken with a grain of salt. I'm not saying she's lying, but she has incentive to lie and there is no confirmation of what she is saying.

Upvote 0

Pavel Mosko

Arch-Dude of the Apostolic
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2016
Boyertown, PA.
✟768,575.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
It's worth pointing out that Dr. Yan? (Not the normal order but that sounds more like a surname), is currently seeking asylum in the US, and President Trump has been quite vocal about his belief that China intentionally released the virus. So the fact that she's on the show of one of his strongest supporters confirming his belief is something that should be taken with a grain of salt. I'm not saying she's lying, but she has incentive to lie and there is no confirmation of what she is saying.

Um isn't the "no confirmation" part because the past whistle blowing scientists of Covid have either died from it, or mysteriously disappeared much like many Uyghur men in those internment camps....

Reactions: IntriKate
Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟827,560.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Funny how people discount whistleblowers when they don’t fit the agenda.

Funny how whistleblowers should come from inside the organizations they are exposing.

Upvote 0

Aryeh Jay

Gone and hopefully forgotten.
Site Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟498,114.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
Funny how people discount whistleblowers when they don’t fit the agenda.

The True Party has always believed true whistleblowers. But the so called foreign born cowardly whistleblower who tried to take down God’s appointed and anointed handpicked President by teaming up with the forces of the Soros controlled International Satanic Globalists and their supporters in the House will always be shunned and cast out by the follower of the True Party. Amen!

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟827,560.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Yan et al. have published their non-peer-reviewed paper on zenodo. As noted in the OP, other scientists have trashed their main claims. That should be enough to quell this malarkey, but it's curious that Yan lists her institutional affiliation as

"Rule of Law Society & Rule of Law Foundation, New York, NY, USA"

Funny name for a virology lab. I wonder what it's.... oh my. Why are there pictures of Steve Bannon?

Oh, its an anti-China organization funded by the Chinese billionaire on whose yacht Bannon was arrested.

Upvote 0

Tanj

Redefined comfortable middle class
Mar 31, 2017
Australia
✟277,286.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Yeah because you know more about the issues than a Chinese scientist who actually worked at the lab in question

She didn't. Hong Kong is 919 km from Wuhan.

China may not have "intentionally released" the virus as the headline implies

Implies? Those words are right there in the headline. It's "explicitly states", not "implies".

but that doesn't make them innocent.

Seriously? They didn't commit this crime but they did commit some other crime. That's your excuse?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums