Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I love the symbolism of the flag. Simplicity to complexity.

I heard that Zen/chan is a bit different from Zen Buddhism? Zen Buddhism was what happened when one of the disciples of chan went to Japan, right?

Upvote 0

Yusuphhai

Messianic Arabic-Semitic Chinese
Oct 19, 2005
Beijing China
✟170,127.00
Country
China
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
I love the symbolism of the flag. Simplicity to complexity.

I heard that Zen/chan is a bit different from Zen Buddhism? Zen Buddhism was what happened when one of the disciples of chan went to Japan, right?

Zen/Chan Buddhism was from Hindu, Chan is Chinese, Zen is Japanese.:wave:

Upvote 0

Noxot

anarchist personalist
Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2007
dallas, texas
Visit site
✟231,339.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I'm reading some rene guenon, his book called symbolism of the cross. He said that tao "way" is represented by an ideographic character combining the signs for the head and the feet. He relates this to the Alpha and Omega of Western traditions. Very cool.

also I was reminded that the full line in the Korean flag is Yang and the broken line is Yin. Yang represents odd numbers and yin even. Yang Unity, Yen duality. You can find some of renes books here if anyone is interested. At the bottom of the page on that website is where you can download the PDFs. Rene is a perennialist btw, i am too.

Rene Guenon english pdf : Free Download, Borrow, and Streaming : Internet Archive

• Optimistic
Reactions: Yusuphhai
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Noxot

anarchist personalist
Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2007
dallas, texas
Visit site
✟231,339.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I have been looking on the Internet of people speaking of various things in Hinduism and Buddhism and Muslims.

The Hindus and the Buddhist I tend to encounter are more spiritual then some of the Muslims. Some of the Muslims are very hard people. they are the equivalent of the hardness that fundamentalist Christians can have. I find it dangerous. But the I think they are called Sufi Muslims, seem to be good.

Buddhism for the most part goes about their religion mostly denying God and denying even a self. I understand why they are the way they are. Though I'm a Mystic and it makes me feel that I understand Buddhism more than many Buddhist understand it. It's the whole exoteric vs. esoteric understanding of religion.

Some sects of Hinduism are astoundingly similar to some of Christianity. They speak of things that Christianity may one day speak of in their own selves when they realize it. I think that some aspects of Hinduism understand the Holy Spirit better than some Christians do.

Upvote 0

dlamberth

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Oct 12, 2003
Oregon
✟730,329.00
Faith
Other Religion
Politics
US-Others
But the I think they are called Sufi Muslims, seem to be good.
Sufies are the mystical aspect of Islam. There is all so a growing Universal Sufism in America and in Europe. As a mystic, I suggest you check them out. Rumi is the most read poet in America. In many countries and through the centuries Sufies have been persecuted. Which is often the case of mystics of the various world religions when they do not hold up to Fundamentalist beliefs. Many Christian mystics have suffered in that way as well. Sufies are all about Love and having God as their reality in life.

• Prayers
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Noxot

anarchist personalist
Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2007
dallas, texas
Visit site
✟231,339.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
View attachment 290051

Flag of Republic of China(中華民國,or Taiwan台灣)
Interesting, 12 Rays from the Sun, the sun being number 13. The number 13 is pretty important in Gematria. Ahavah (love), my father, one, void all equate to 13. Death card in tarot is 13. I see it as an apophatic intensified expression of life. Death and Resurrection are tied together. In Song of Songs it says love is as strong as death. Of course death most of all is Christ crucified, an extreme expression of love.

• Optimistic
Upvote 0