East of Manchester
✟2,622,909.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Would you believe it? I woke up in the night with a bad cold and a sore throat. No temperature, nothing serious, but I must'nt pass it on at the hospital. I thank the Lord for my daughter Christine who has taken her dad to the hospital and I have gone back to bed. Self isolation? Ha ha, it isn't the virus, although still contagious.

Upvote 0

Anthony2019

Pax et bonum!
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2019
Staffordshire, United Kingdom
✟775,945.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
There seems to be other things going around other than coronovirus. I did the nightshift last night and about 4.00am my throat started to feel quite sore but it seemed to spontaneously resolve by the time I got home. I spoke to one of my colleagues on the phone who say she had exactly the same thing yesterday!

Upvote 0

musicalpilgrim

pilgrim on the sacred music pathway
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,622,909.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
There seems to be other things going around other than coronovirus. I did the nightshift last night and about 4.00am my throat started to feel quite sore but it seemed to spontaneously resolve by the time I got home. I spoke to one of my colleagues on the phone who say she had exactly the same thing yesterday!
Yes! I have a sore throat and a bad cold. It started last night and I couldn't go to Christies today. Christine took her dad to the hospital and left me at home :oops: I don't know if I will be well enough to go tomorrow.

Upvote 0

rocknanchor

Continue Well 2 John 9
Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2009
Notre Dame, IN
✟986,469.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
There seems to be other things going around other than coronovirus.
Conversely, reports are picking up on how many of us are recalling the strange symptoms we've experienced this past flu-season. Could things be that 'bio' advanced?

Upvote 0

rocknanchor

Continue Well 2 John 9
Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2009
Notre Dame, IN
✟986,469.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I am 'self isolating' although it is only a cold and sore throat. I don't want to spread it around. o_O
Probably wise, if convenience permits. I would probably commit to the same. For the time, thank God I am past what took hold of me this past fall. I tried to keep my distance at work, but several weeks later during Christmas the staff insisted I participate at the company Christmas party and sample the many snacks. I refused to eat or handle the items of games being played. I was the official company spectator. They continued to speak to me though I could barely utter words. It was terrible, but circumstances sometimes brings us to this. And the only symptoms I had was troubles with sinus, voice and fatigue, , lots of sleep. After work I would just collapse. Thanks be to God for returning health!

Upvote 0

rocknanchor

Continue Well 2 John 9
Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2009
Notre Dame, IN
✟986,469.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Isn’t it interesting, how similar the opening of Luke 9:24 is to the end result of our immune system?

For whoever desires to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for My sake will save it.

Upvote 0

Anthony2019

Pax et bonum!
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2019
✟775,945.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
I've been spending a few days away from all the hysteria about coronavirus. On the train yesterday, some people were already wearing face masks. In the pharmacy, people were queueing up for hand gels only to be told that they had run out. I saw news items yesterday about people fighting and brawling over the most ridiculous things, such as toilet paper.

I try to go on retreat about once a year and the timing this year couldn't have been more perfect. I have learned a lot about my hosts here - ordinary people who live their lives in common brotherhood and sisterhood, and in simple trust. Those who do not worry about tomorrow, but live day by day. People who do not take from others, but share what they have with them. No empty shelves here, but shelves full of items to be shared with others. No cashiers or debit card machines - everything that is done is by faith and trust. Just put in an envelope what you want to give. There is a wonderful feeling here, the feeling of peace, that however desperate things get in our frantic world, in the end (and as Julian of Norwich would put it), all manner of things shall be well.

Upvote 0

Anthony2019

Pax et bonum!
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2019
✟775,945.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Yes! I have a sore throat and a bad cold. It started last night and I couldn't go to Christies today. Christine took her dad to the hospital and left me at home :oops: I don't know if I will be well enough to go tomorrow.
Prayers for you that you will recover from your cold. You are not self-isolating, because you can never be alone with Jesus looking after you :)

Upvote 0

Anthony2019

Pax et bonum!
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2019
✟775,945.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Isn’t it interesting, how similar the opening of Luke 9:24 is to the end result of our immune system?

For whoever desires to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for My sake will save it.
I had that verse in my mind this morning. It's all one we need to hear. Whatever happens in this world, we should carry on living lives that are pleasing to Him. People in the world should not be panicking, when they can live their lives in simple faith and trust.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

rocknanchor

Continue Well 2 John 9
Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2009
Notre Dame, IN
✟986,469.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I had that verse in my mind this morning. It's all one we need to hear. Whatever happens in this world, we should carry on living lives that are pleasing to Him. People in the world should not be panicking, when they can live their lives in simple faith and trust.
Amen!

Upvote 0

rocknanchor

Continue Well 2 John 9
Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2009
Notre Dame, IN
✟986,469.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I've been spending a few days away from all the hysteria about coronavirus. On the train yesterday, some people were already wearing face masks. In the pharmacy, people were queueing up for hand gels only to be told that they had run out. I saw news items yesterday about people fighting and brawling over the most ridiculous things, such as toilet paper.

I try to go on retreat about once a year and the timing this year couldn't have been more perfect. I have learned a lot about my hosts here - ordinary people who live their lives in common brotherhood and sisterhood, and in simple trust. Those who do not worry about tomorrow, but live day by day. People who do not take from others, but share what they have with them. No empty shelves here, but shelves full of items to be shared with others. No cashiers or debit card machines - everything that is done is by faith and trust. Just put in an envelope what you want to give. There is a wonderful feeling here, the feeling of peace, that however desperate things get in our frantic world, in the end (and as Julian of Norwich would put it), all manner of things shall be well.
Within the space of four-hours of having bread and paper to when a family friend and my Mother got to the same big-box store, they were emptied.

A chasm has developed between trust and apprehension.

Upvote 0

Anthony2019

Pax et bonum!
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2019
✟775,945.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Here is a photo of where I'm staying!

glasshampton1.jpg
glasshampton1.jpg

Upvote 0

rocknanchor

Continue Well 2 John 9
Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2009
Notre Dame, IN
✟986,469.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Upvote 0

Anthony2019

Pax et bonum!
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2019
✟775,945.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Woow! Fabulous setting! Where do I sign up? :)
Just Google "Glasshampton" and you'll find them!
It's less than an hour from home, but it feels like I'm away from it all!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

rocknanchor

Continue Well 2 John 9
Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2009
Notre Dame, IN
✟986,469.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
The word here in northern Indiana is, congregations in excess of 150 are forbidden assembly. In my fellowship of believers we are encouraged to greet one another as you feel comfortable, a wave or a shake.

Today, the minister was absolutely serious when he responded to my question, “Have we officially suspended the “Holy Kiss” “of love”?” “Yes, we sure have!” Yet, this is quite un-customary for us.

Now this body of believers I attend isn’t shy on what God can do. If you care to consider, if by chance you happened to be out and visiting another Church that happened to greet each other in this manner since its founding, but still refused to buckle under the world’s precaution. Which would prove the better refuge as God's people, the continuation of Godly affection, or openly tempting God?

Upvote 0

rocknanchor

Continue Well 2 John 9
Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2009
Notre Dame, IN
✟986,469.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
There are some very interesting insights in this thread. Lots to think and pray about. :)
Indeed, guess I need to tend to that little mess I made :)
Which would prove the better refuge as God's people, the continuation of Godly affection, or openly tempting God?
Any child of God is most commonly associated with a pattern and eagerness to His will. In regards to my own question, only one of the two of these remains in the light of faith more than the other. I invite you to decide.

Now without faith it is impossible to please God - Hebrews 11:6

Upvote 0