Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
BEIJING — China said on Thursday that it would temporarily exempt foreign companies from paying tax on their earnings, a bid to keep American businesses from taking their profits out of China following Washington’s overhaul of the United States tax code.

There is, however, a catch: To be eligible, foreign companies must invest those earnings in sectors encouraged by China’s government — including railways, mining, technology and agriculture — according to a statement from the Finance Ministry. The measure is retroactive from Jan. 1 this year, the ministry said.

China Offers Tax Incentives to Persuade U.S. Companies to Stay

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
What do they lose? Nothing . They have very cheap labor, a giving a tax ride off. I'm not really surprise.

Plus, when you factor in that Donald will no doubt try to offer an even better incentive -- which the govt' can probably ill-afford and will only hurt the US somewhere down the road -- in order to make himself look good, it's pretty much a win-win for China.

• Agree
Reactions: Innsmuthbride
Upvote 0

TerryWoodenpic

Nov 23, 2017
Oldham
✟39,925.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Widowed
China thinks things trough for the long term.
Something Trump is incapable of.
But note, China said temporarily.
I do not know how good Trump is at playing Go.
But this is just the first move, of many, ready to be played.

There will come a time when American companies need to repatriate those profit fed investments.
What then....? .... they will be taxed.
But china will retain the new infrastructure.
Paid for by deferred taxation. which they don't need right now.

Clever stuff.

Upvote 0

Yonny Costopoulis

Jul 22, 2017
Crete
✟60,005.00
Country
Greece
Faith
Ukr. Grk. Catholic
Marital Status
Married
BEIJING — China said on Thursday that it would temporarily exempt foreign companies from paying tax on their earnings, a bid to keep American businesses from taking their profits out of China following Washington’s overhaul of the United States tax code.

There is, however, a catch: To be eligible, foreign companies must invest those earnings in sectors encouraged by China’s government — including railways, mining, technology and agriculture — according to a statement from the Finance Ministry. The measure is retroactive from Jan. 1 this year, the ministry said.

So more of Trump's businesses will be moving to China.

Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟332,054.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

Yonny Costopoulis

Jul 22, 2017
Crete
✟60,005.00
Country
Greece
Faith
Ukr. Grk. Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I think Trump prefers China to get United States companies, than Mexico. So it's a win for Trump.
Yes, Trump is still not happy that when he got down on his knees and begged the Mexico president to pay for wall he refused.

Upvote 0

Liza B.

His grace is sufficient
Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2017
Midwest
✟163,572.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married

The whining that ensues in this thread tells us all we need to know. :grinning:

Are you tired of winning yet, Landon? Because I'm not tired of winning. :wink:

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single

What whining?

• Agree
Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟332,054.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Yes, Trump is still not happy that when he got down on his knees and begged the Mexico president to pay for wall he refused.
It was before that. When he stopped a company from moving to Mexico. That company ended up sending a lot of their business to China.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Yonny Costopoulis

Jul 22, 2017
Crete
✟60,005.00
Country
Greece
Faith
Ukr. Grk. Catholic
Marital Status
Married

What whinging? I find it humorous that the American president who states that he wants to have business come back to the USA bases has his based in China. And this will like encourage him to move more of his businesses to China. And his base who he sells with "American first" is fine with this.

It is all very humorous.

• Agree
Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
What whinging? I find it humorous that the American president who states that he wants to have business come back to the USA bases has his based in China. And this will like encourage him to move more of his businesses to China. And his base who he sells with "American first" is fine with this.

It is all very humorous.

Of course, Mr. "Art of the Deal" has to at least pretend to make a deal with a business or two to keep them in the country... after offering them the Moon, stars, and Sun, they'll accept -- for which Donald will tout his success for the eager masses...

...while the business in question quietly lays off employees or outsources a year later, once all the hubbub has died down.

Upvote 0