Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
And there we have another fine demonstration of the problems with translation that you just don't understand.
Ain't that a pity?

How many people died because of my mistake?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Ophiolite

Recalcitrant Procrastinating Ape
Nov 12, 2008
✟240,816.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Science didn't kill anyone. The Challenger disaster was down to ill-conceived risk management distorted by inappropriate commercial and political interests.

Upvote 0

Ophiolite

Recalcitrant Procrastinating Ape
Nov 12, 2008
✟240,816.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Guns don't kill people; people kill people ... right?
That's correct. Guns, however, unlike science, are designed to inflict injury and death. Science isn't. Science is neutral, technology not quite so much.

Using the science of ballistics one might design a more effective gun. That's a human decision to use the science and apply it in an engineering setting. Science isn't to blame for any negative result. The humans who decided to apply the knowledge and to develop the technology have some responsibility. Those who choose to use it to kill or injure shoulder most of the responsibility.

I do not expect you to understand, or accept these distinctions. I'm talking to people who have a more measured and thoughtful approach to problems.

Upvote 0