Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
If the Chinese are planning on waiting, I'd say that they'd have to wait till 2024. I thought that they were smart. If that's how long they can wait, that's not really patient. Besides, Dems like Warren and Sanders are equally tough on China. Could be a false hope.

China looks like it can hold out longer than the US in the trade war, strategist says

The longer the policies remain, the more we can invest in local production of goods. It might take a decade or so.

• Agree
Reactions: mukk_in
Upvote 0

Yarddog

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟818,915.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
  • Informative
Upvote 0

HannahT

Site Supporter
Apr 9, 2013
✟459,470.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
They will have to "interfere" better than the Russians, then... ;)

lol good one! lol!

The sad part is most don't realize how they have in the past, and no doubt will again in the future. I'll never understand why people think its just Russians, and this type of behavior was 'unprecedented'. Do they live under a rock?

• Agree
Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If the Chinese are planning on waiting, I'd say that they'd have to wait till 2024. I thought that they were smart. If that's how long they can wait, that's not really patient. Besides, Dems like Warren and Sanders are equally tough on China. Could be a false hope.
Actually the impression I got from the article wasn't "they're hoping for a Democrat" so much as simply waiting to see who gets in. If they've learned anything from President Trumps administration it's that the US trade agreements aren't worth the paper they're written. So there's no sense agreeing to something that will be thrown out if the next President is just as arbitrary and...notional as the one currently in office. :wave:
tulc(thought "trade wars were good and easy to win!"?) :scratch:

Upvote 0