US
✟1,098,620.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
China’s government on Tuesday signaled that it is not backing down in the face of angry nationwide protests against President Xi Jinping’s strict zero-COVID policies, the country’s state media reported Tuesday.

Police have been called out in large numbers in a bid to halt the protests that erupted over the weekend following reports that quarantined residents of a building in the western region of Xinjiang were killed in a fire while rescue vehicles could not reach them due to COVID-19 restrictions.

The anti-lockdown protests have included calls for freedom and an end to Chinese Communist Party rule. In major cities, protesters shouted, “CCP step down” and “Xi Jinping step down.”

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,098,620.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
im in nanjing china,, we still have to take mouth swab tests every day.. on sunday our complex was shut down for five hours..people went totally crazy.. one guy picked up a rock and had to be restrained
I'm praying for you Brother.

Upvote 0

Ophiolite

Recalcitrant Procrastinating Ape
Nov 12, 2008
✟240,533.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
The anti-lockdown protests have included calls for freedom and an end to Chinese Communist Party rule.
Those of us old enough to recall Tianamen Square are doubtless recalling Tianamen Square.
Were any of us old enough to recall the 1905 Russian revolution we would possibly say, "Ah, yes. But remember 1917".
I would just recall the words of Santayana, “Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.” and add, "remembering the past is not enough. One also needs to understand it."

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,098,620.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Those of us old enough to recall Tianamen Square are doubtless recalling Tianamen Square.
Were any of us old enough to recall the 1905 Russian revolution we would possibly say, "Ah, yes. But remember 1917".
I would just recall the words of Santayana, “Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.” and add, "remembering the past is not enough. One also needs to understand it."
How did the Chinese Communist Party come to power? What does History tell us?

Upvote 0

Ophiolite

Recalcitrant Procrastinating Ape
Nov 12, 2008
✟240,533.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
How did the Chinese Communist Party come to power? What does History tell us?
A weak government, a crisis of confidence, a complex international situation, an invading enemy and a commited, ruthless leader in a melange whose interpretation is above my pay grade. Which observation rather makes my point: if you ask 100 economists to describe the global economy fifteen years hence, less than ten of them will get it right. That's not a prediction, that's the outcome of normal distibution of possible scenarios.
More questions than answers wherever we may look. Yes?

Upvote 0