• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

China could win military conflict with US

Discussion in 'Current News & Events' started by Mountainmanbob, Aug 20, 2019.

1. Mountainmanbob

Mountainmanbob Goat Whisperer Supporter

+7,311
    United States
    Calvinist
    Married
    US-Republican
    China could win military conflict in Indo-Pacific region even 'before America can respond', think tank warns

A new study by a think tank warns the U.S. has lost its military supremacy in the Indo-Pacific region, with China being able to launch and win a military conflict even before American forces are able to respond.

The University of Sydney's United States Study Center released a study on Friday detailing the profound changes it claims is happening in the region, paving way for China to exert more influence.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
    We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. JCFantasy23

JCFantasy23 In a Kingdom by the Sea. Staff Member Administrator Supporter CF Senior Ambassador Angels Team

+5,661
    United States
    Methodist
    Single
    US-Others
    I've thought this for years. Some people scoff at me when I've brought it up, but I think sometimes we have a tendency to overinflate our stability/superiority when it comes to the U.S. China definitely isn't a weakling.

3. Aussie Pete

Aussie Pete Active Member Supporter

+355
    Australia
    Non-Denom
    Divorced
    Since I live in the region in question, it is of great interest. China could take over this region pretty easily. I believe that the Church is the main factor in this scenario. If the Church gets in unity, gets rid of doubtful morality and attacks Satan instead of other Christians, we have some hope. There are numbers of Christians who are fasting and praying for this unity. The foolishness is that we are already united in Christ. Divisions are pointless and leave us spiritually weak. Psalm 133 says it all.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  4. sdowney717

sdowney717 Newbie

+1,853
    Christian
    You pick your battles carefully even if a superpower and decide beforehand whether you can win or should win and at what cost beforehand. Otherwise you negotiate and dont go to war.
    Taiwan and south china sea are flash points with China that the US needs to be careful about and maybe let go of trying to force our way-ideas on them.

5. Douger

Douger Veteran

+775
    Christian
    I wonder how many Chinese spend time worrying about the United States ability to win a war in North America.

6. D.A. Wright

D.A. Wright Once For All-ist Supporter

+245
    United States
    SDA
    Married
    US-Others
    There can be no winner in a war between two superpowers.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2019
  7. GOD Shines Forth!

GOD Shines Forth! Active Member Supporter

+250
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Private
    Went and read it. Good Psalm! I

8. Mountainmanbob

Mountainmanbob Goat Whisperer Supporter

+7,311
    United States
    Calvinist
    Married
    US-Republican
    Shames that they have bigger problems over there?

Christians are not worrying about it.
    M-Bob