Nov 13, 2004
North Dakota
Visit site
✟15,320.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Ok, most of the threads consist of teenage youth, besides the one asking if they should have a children's forum seperate from here, so yea, here it is.

O.k. I was asked to do a chapel for the kinergarden-1st grade class this Friday. I was just wondering on some ideas, suggestions, or whatever, if you could please. I believe there is a total of 5 kids, so it won't be very much. Well I was just wondering on some opinions, so I could get more than just my opinion on what to do, thanks you guys so much. May God truly bless you.

Angela

kidsminister

Mar 8, 2004
✟8,419.00
Faith
Pentecostal
A great source is www.kidology.org. You can't access all of the articles/ideas unless you are a member, but there are some great ideas there to help get the creative juices flowing.

Puppets go over well with that age - they're young enough to appreciate them, but old enough to start thinking they're pretty special because they "think" they know who was behind the puppet stage. I usually pick a fun, energetic song and have my puppet(s) "sing" it to open with...

The #1 piece of advice that I try to follow is "aim for catching the boys' interest." The girls will usually go along with whatever you're doing, but the boys will never follow you if you aim for the girls!

An illustration that I have done when I've all of a sudden been called upon to speak to a group of kids is "balancing the broom." You need to practice this a little on your own - but here's the scoop: You can balance the end of a broom (or a canoe paddle, or anything with that general shape!) in the palm of your hand, provided you keep your eyes looking at the top...

It's a great way to illustrate the story of Peter trying to walk on water - and explaining how important it is to keep your eyes on Jesus. If you take your eyes off the head of the paddle or broom, it will fall over! (Before you explain your "secret," have some of the kids demonstrate and see if they think they can balance it!).*

*Word of caution: They'll ALL want to try balancing the broom/paddle, so if you do this illustration, leave a few minutes at the end!!

Hope some of these ideas help!!

Upvote 0

ark_angel

Nov 13, 2004
North Dakota
Visit site
✟15,320.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
thanks, yea that does help.
I just found out today, that I am actually doing it for kindergarden through 4th grade. Do you think that will be ok?? it will probably be more difficult to tie it all together to be appropriate for all the ages at the same time, but I really think that balancing and talking about Peter is a really good idea.
Thank you so much

Upvote 0