Supporter
Jun 22, 2007
California
✟551,233.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
they project adult sexuality and ideas onto little kids.
I so agree. Another thing I find disturbing is when a girl toddler and a boy toddler are playing together and an adult says something like, "Awww......look....he has a little girlfriend". The whole idea that a male and female enjoying each other's company means something sexual is a pet peeve of mine (*especially when it's toddlers!!).

Upvote 0

WolfGate

Supporter
Jun 14, 2004
South Carolina
✟448,216.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I so agree. Another thing I find disturbing is when a girl toddler and a boy toddler are playing together and an adult says something like, "Awww......look....he has a little girlfriend". The whole idea that a male and female enjoying each other's company means something sexual is a pet peeve of mine (*especially when it's toddlers!!).

With you on that!

Reactions: mkgal1
Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I do find many t-shirts for babies and children disturbing, in that they project adult sexuality and ideas onto little kids.
Disturbing indeed. It seems designed to make pedophilia more acceptable. I would put those preschool and grade school "beauty pageants" in that same category.

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I am also very uneasy with that. While I do not take "boyfriend" or "girlfriend" as necessarily sexual terms, it certainly denotes a romantic emotional aspect to the relationship which IMO is just not present in children of that age.

• Agree
Reactions: mkgal1
Upvote 0

Christie insb

Sep 3, 2015
Santa Barbara, California
✟60,196.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
This *is* "healthy masculinity". What's being erased are the excuses ("it's just locker room talk"....or an excuse for bullying or domestic abuse).
I agree. When my son was in Pre-K, he wanted an Easy Bake oven because one of the little girls had one and enjoyed it. We had a lot of fun with it.. He also climbed trees and played knights. So many things don't have to be exclusively for boys or girls and I think it is unfortunate to limit kids' options based in stereotypes that don't even match our culture today

Last edited:
Upvote 0