Children's Book Review: Warrior Cats

Jan 7, 2009
✟15,159.00
Faith
Christian
I wouldn’t recommend the book Warriors. I’m an eleven years old and you might think I’m just stupid, but these words are of a true and loyal Christian, and respect Christ. But I was deceived by this book. When I first approached this book it didn’t seem very interesting, but I got it anyway. It looked innocent and cute, but when I was ready for the third book, my dad grabbed one of the books and read the back. It read that the book was about astrology and standing stones. At first I didn’t believe him, but then he looked up Erin Hunter and I couldn’t believe what I read. Erin Hunter isn’t really Erin Hunter, she’s actually two women who I don’t want say their name. Their interest and love for cats and mythology have made them create an innocent looking and cute book. But they really wanted to deceive children into thinking that Starclan is heaven, but it really represents worshiping the stars and idolizing them. The book says that Starclan is warriors that have passed away from their other clans. It’s a very offensive book when you read about it. The book says that only medicine cats are given the power to have messages from Starclan, but Fireheart, also known as Firestar in the fifth book, has somehow been given the power as well, even though he isn’t a medicine cat. He also thinks he sees the spirit of the former Thunderclan medicine cat, Spottedleaf, who had been murdered by a Shadowclan warrior named Clawface. This is also known as being medium (seeing ghosts). My main concerns are that children who do know right from wrong should not read this book, nor children who don’t. But if your child brings home this book, tell them what it’s about right away, and explain why, so your kids do understand. I hope I changed your mind on this innocent looking book!

Whitney Futrell-age 11

Reference: www . crossroad.to/articles2/007/warrior-cats.htm

• Useful
Reactions: Google-Cat

Carol Eads

Dec 27, 2008
Kingman, Arizona
✟7,619.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
You are a very smart girl! Good for you not to continue reading this and I am so thankful your father cared enough to check it out.
You will be blessed for remaining loyal to Christ even through your entertainment.
My daughter got tired of there being no decent books left to read, so she wrote her own! I hope you will check it out, it is full of devotion to the Lord, as well as a fun adventure with Bible Truths all throughout.
It is called, Girls of Grace faith vs. fear by Leah R. Eads.
She was 14 when she wrote it, it just came out this summer and so far we have had only wonderful and positive comments. I think you might like it.
She is only 16 now and working on her second one.

Upvote 0

Acebopata

The red wasp of the salted
Jan 11, 2012
The land of mass construction.
✟7,698.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I know this is an old thread, but everything the OP said about Warriors is true. Not only that, but it's gotten many times worse over the years, now the cats can communicate with another set of dead cats, called the dark forest, which literately trains them to be killer cats in their sleep. Plus, one cat was reincarnated into another cat that was well breathing before the cat that was reincarnated had died, which constitutes an demonic possession in my book. Not a good book for Christians, or anyone, really.

Upvote 0

Acebopata

The red wasp of the salted
Jan 11, 2012
The land of mass construction.
✟7,698.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Oh wow.
I read the first book, but never bothered with the second.

Your not missing anything. The more you read into the books, the more spiritual they get and the lesser in quality they become.

Upvote 0

Auntie Liv

Dec 30, 2015
Hawaii
✟7,632.00
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Single
I wouldn’t recommend the book Warriors. I’m an eleven years old and you might think I’m just stupid, but these words are of a true and loyal Christian, and respect Christ. But I was deceived by this book. When I first approached this book it didn’t seem very interesting, but I got it anyway. It looked innocent and cute, but when I was ready for the third book, my dad grabbed one of the books and read the back. It read that the book was about astrology and standing stones. At first I didn’t believe him, but then he looked up Erin Hunter and I couldn’t believe what I read. Erin Hunter isn’t really Erin Hunter, she’s actually two women who I don’t want say their name. Their interest and love for cats and mythology have made them create an innocent looking and cute book. But they really wanted to deceive children into thinking that Starclan is heaven, but it really represents worshiping the stars and idolizing them. The book says that Starclan is warriors that have passed away from their other clans. It’s a very offensive book when you read about it. The book says that only medicine cats are given the power to have messages from Starclan, but Fireheart, also known as Firestar in the fifth book, has somehow been given the power as well, even though he isn’t a medicine cat. He also thinks he sees the spirit of the former Thunderclan medicine cat, Spottedleaf, who had been murdered by a Shadowclan warrior named Clawface. This is also known as being medium (seeing ghosts). My main concerns are that children who do know right from wrong should not read this book, nor children who don’t. But if your child brings home this book, tell them what it’s about right away, and explain why, so your kids do understand. I hope I changed your mind on this innocent looking book!

Whitney Futrell-age 11

Upvote 0

Auntie Liv

Dec 30, 2015
Hawaii
✟7,632.00
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Single
I respect everyone's opinion, and I hope you'll respect mine. I am a Christian (I have been for ten years) and I've been reading the Warrior books for almost three years now. There is no actual astrology in the books themselves, nor do they standing stones even once, and you really should do a fact check, because Erin Hunter is actually six people, with names by the way. Their real bios can be read on the site (not just the highly exaggerated one that the publishers write in on the back of the books). (http://www.warriorcats.com/meet-erin-hunter) Concerning the books themselves, they are amazing! The main characters are kind and brave with a strong sense of justice. They also acknowledge that no one is perfect, and they all highly respect their leaders and elders (something rare in children's media) The whole star clan thing is, well, historical. Erin Hunter based the lives of the cats on Native Americans, who believed that their ancestors were watching over them. It would be historically inaccurate to make the cats Christian or any other religion. Besides the fact that they're... Cats. Animals without souls according to the Bible. Erin Hunter was never trying to deceive children. She never made it look cute and innocent, and I think it's one of the best fictional series I've ever read.

Upvote 0

Iceclaw FrozenAngel

Jan 11, 2017
somewhere in america
✟7,802.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I know this is like super old but it just ticks me off, it seems like the only one with common sense is Auntie Liv.

• First of, I'm not here to offend anyone and if you are offended, well then that sucks for you doesn't it?

• Second off, Warrior's is not an innocent looking book at all, the title Warriors is given to the book series for a reason, its like saying "Ooh! don't watch Pete's Dragon because it is a very offensive movie about a boy who get's lost in the woods and then goes insane after watching his parent die and he imagines a green dragon that blends in with his surroundings and that the dragon is not really a dragon! it's just a demon!" like for reals you guys!

• Third off! Warrior's is a really good book series that can teach children to Respect Their Elders, Never Give Up, Teamwork, Have Respect for the Injured, Friendship, Stay Strong No Matter What May Happen, Give Thanks, and Believe In Ourselves this are things children NEED to learn.

Upvote 0

Google-Cat

Sep 12, 2019
Adrian
✟7,702.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hello!

Whitney Futrell-age 11

I was reading your article and I currently read the series. It should be okay if you know it's not true, correct?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jimi

Jul 4, 2020
Hunterdale
✟15,211.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I try to research books before my daughter reads them as I have found so many do not teach the values we try to uphold. However, this book slipped through and she was enthralled with it. The downside was her behavior became really strange. She picked a star, gazed at it, and prayed to it. She wrote secret notes and hid them away with a dagger she carved from wood. When I traced the source of this we got rid of the book. She was angry and now years later still rants about how wonderful that book was and how unreasonable we are. This is not the kind of behavior I would have expected to result from reading a benign book. I am not the type to look for demons under every stone, but something about that book was definitely pulling my daughter into an unhealthy and mystical realm.

• Useful
Reactions: daly
Upvote 0

Broken Fence

God with us!
Supporter
May 1, 2020
TX to New Heaven, New Earth, New Jerusalem
✟142,605.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution

Whitney Futrell-age 11

Very smart girl. Don't let yourself be deceived through books, music, and movies. A lot of them are designed to attack your faith. Praise God for your faithfulness.

Reactions: daly
Upvote 0

daly

Oct 15, 2020
Florida
✟7,707.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I try to research books before my daughter reads them as I have found so many do not teach the values we try to uphold. However, this book slipped through and she was enthralled with it. The downside was her behavior became really strange. She picked a star, gazed at it, and prayed to it. She wrote secret notes and hid them away with a dagger she carved from wood. When I traced the source of this we got rid of the book. She was angry and now years later still rants about how wonderful that book was and how unreasonable we are. This is not the kind of behavior I would have expected to result from reading a benign book. I am not the type to look for demons under every stone, but something about that book was definitely pulling my daughter into an unhealthy and mystical realm.
thank you for sharing

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

warriorcatsbooklover

Oct 27, 2021
yellville
✟2,020.00
Country
American Samoa
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
what th

Whitney Futrell-age 11

what the hell is wrong with you people these books are as innocent as they get yall are just mest up in the head i am 13 almost 14 years old and proud to say I love these books, I was first
introduced to them be my girlfriend and let me just say ever since then i have fallen in love with them. If you cant realize that there is nothing wrong with these book then you're to young or to immature to be reading these books.
and the whole star-clan thing is just something that they very strongly show that is for the cats they don't expect PEOPLE to believe in a CATS religion and Christian kitty cut it out with all that BS you weren't deceived by anything and why cant you say their names what is wrong with their names and again ITS just a dang book!!! but whatever you don't like it that's your fault i just thought id make a statement there.

Upvote 0

atheist_1223

Nov 16, 2022
Ecity
✟15,403.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Are you on drugs your daughter can have any religion she wants. You can't restrict her on that!

Upvote 0