Toronto
✟246,655.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
Now the Whole Flinders Rangers in the south of Australia is out of control. Our country is an armageddon

Ella & I have been praying for you & everybody else in Australia every day. It is so heartbreaking. :(

• Friendly
Reactions: Zoii
Upvote 0

Zoii

Oct 13, 2016
Australia
✟103,785.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
There's quite an anti-climate science rhetoric expressed on this site. There's several threads running at the moment, criticising our generation and Greta Thunberg. Is this a topic that's discussed in your churches. Are they more supportive than this site? Or is climate change within the church pretty much against the younger generation making a protest.

Upvote 0

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,158,031.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There's quite an anti-climate science rhetoric expressed on this site. There's several threads running at the moment, criticising our generation and Greta Thunberg. Is this a topic that's discussed in your churches. Are they more supportive than this site? Or is climate change within the church pretty much against the younger generation making a protest.
We don't discuss every month in our church but it's come up in sermons a few times in just the last couple of years even. Though the Lutheran church is numbered in I think tens of millions (80?) instead of a billion like Catholic, just like Catholic we also see a Christian duty to steward earth and work to reduce carbon emissions.

So, it's a majority view in Christianity I think, since it's already the Catholic teaching.

Yes, this site only represents the people here. It's not representative of Christianity in a general way in such things.

But I know there are quite a few Christians here that care about climate.

I'm not the only one that posts science
information and news such as this:

Warmer than Expected Antarctica, & Glacier Support

• Informative
Upvote 0

Cimorene

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2016
Toronto
✟246,655.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
  • Friendly
Upvote 0

Zoii

Oct 13, 2016
Australia
✟103,785.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

Zoii

Oct 13, 2016
Australia
✟103,785.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Zoii I don't really like coming here much but I came back bc of you!!!!!

Australian fires declared 'contained' after devastating season

I know that this doesn't mean the trauma is over. I know it was brutal. Now more than ever it's imperative to take action.
The rain has been a saviour. But there's a recovery process in place that will take decades
We've lost a billion animals and their entire habitat

Our PM chokes on the words "climate change"

• Friendly
Reactions: Cimorene
Upvote 0

Cimorene

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2016
Toronto
✟246,655.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
You're an angel. How's your studies. Doing anything interesting?

So are you. :):)

It's mega stressful now but super super super fulfilling too.

Personal life is the same! I'm in an orchestra & I love it so much. Plus I'm teaching cello & piano on my own now instead of through the music centre where I used to teach. I love it. Ppl come to my house so that is SO MUCH BETTER. We have an extra cello so they just use ours instead of carrying one through the snow.

I'm ready for spring!!!! I'm sure you're ready for fall!!!!

Upvote 0