Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
https://apnews.com/article/6064e7f90b9192377bc7034a6c07ae59

U.S. Marshals Rescued 72 Missing Children Across 3 States

The missing children were considered to be some of the most at-risk and challenging recovery cases in the area, based on indications of sex trafficking, exploitation, sexual abuse, physical abuse and medical or mental health conditions, the U.S. Marshals Service said in a press release.

Fifteen of the children had allegedly been trafficked for sex, authorities said, according to the Atlanta Journal Constitution.

“Sex trafficking can be, in many ways, a hidden crime — one that lives in the shadows,” Georgia Attorney General Chris Carr said at a news conference Thursday. “If we can save one child from a life of abuse or sex trafficking, we’ve done our job. And this operation did that for many, many children.”​

Kentonio

Jan 25, 2018
Lyon
✟266,564.00
Country
France
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
It's great that they've rescued 72 at risk kids, and they deserve applause for that. It's more sobering however when the same article mentions there are currently 421,000 missing kids and 1/6th of them are at risk of sex trafficking. Trump certainly deserves credit for anything that helps combat this issue.

Upvote 0

Tanj

Redefined comfortable middle class
Mar 31, 2017
Australia
✟277,286.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
NOt one person thinks this important enough to post something?

One of the last remaining bastions of non partisan agreement in your country and you want to make it partisan. Very well then, the biggest boost to trafficking policing came in 2000 courtesy of Bill Clinton. Everything since then has been small increments in comparison. And as Kentonio pointed out, there's about 70 000 at risk kids in the US at the moment, so celebrating rescuing 0.1% of them seems odd to me.

Upvote 0

The IbanezerScrooge

I can't believe what I'm hearing...
Sep 1, 2015
Florida
✟242,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat

I was going to comment, but then I saw this:

Left a really bad taste in my mouth. You ruined it.

Not to mention that the Marshals' press release doesn't mention anything about Trump's EO or any monies or support it provided. It did, however, credit The Justice for Victims of Trafficking Act of 2015 for "enhanc[ing] the U.S. Marshals’ authority to assist federal, state, and local law enforcement with the recovery of missing, endangered or abducted children." A law passed by a bi-partisan Congress and signed by Barack Hussein Obama.

Funny, that.

Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟331,478.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I have a full time job. And don't have time to put every news article on this forum. Most of the news, I see is on this forum. I'm glade some children were save. But Trump ruins it ,when he lies.

• Agree
Reactions: evoeth
Upvote 0

Vylo

Stick with the King!
Aug 3, 2003
New Jersey
✟203,465.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
It is nice that these kids got rescued, and I hope the EO has some teeth, but all too often Trump's don't.

There is also a lot of irony in Trump being one to sign this, considering he was friends with Epstein and bragged about leering at naked children on record.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums