LDS children of??? What happens when one is born of the Spirit?

Daniel Marsh

Jun 28, 2015
Livingston County, MI, US
✟199,779.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
This thread is not aimed at anyone to insult them, it is for discussion of what it means to be a "child of".

1 John 3:10 ESV
By this it is evident who are the children of God, and who are the children of the devil: whoever does not practice righteousness is not of God, nor is the one who does not love his brother.

John 8:44 ESV
You are of your father the devil, and your will is to do your father's desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, and has nothing to do with the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks out of his own character, for he is a liar and the father of lies.

Jesus said to them, “If God were your Father, you would love me, for I came from God and I am here. I came not of my own accord, but he sent me.

Deuteronomy 32:17They sacrificed unto devils, not to God; to gods whom they knew not, to new gods that came newly up, whom your fathers feared not.

Acts 13:10And said, O full of all subtilty and all mischief, thou child of the devil, thou enemy of all righteousness, wilt thou not cease to pervert the right ways of the Lord?

EPHESIANS 2:2
KJ21 wherein in times past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience.

Colossians 1:13
New International Version
For he has rescued us from the dominion of darkness and brought us into the kingdom of the Son he loves

Are these people the offspring of the God of this World?

2 Corinthians 4:4 [Full Chapter]
In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

huh?

The believer is born of God:
But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God. —John 1:12,13
25 Things That Happen The Moment You Are Born Again

You are adopted into God’s family. God is Father only to those who are brought into his family. Every believer who repents and has saving faith in Christ enjoys this status, being adopted into the family of God as a beloved son or daughter. Your Dad is the King of the universe! (John 1:12)
12 Things That Happen the Moment You Are Born-Again

What happens when one is born of the Spirit?

• Winner
Reactions: Jamesone5

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
This thread is not aimed at anyone to insult them, it is for discussion of what it means to be a "child of".

1 John 3:10 ESV
By this it is evident who are the children of God, and who are the children of the devil: whoever does not practice righteousness is not of God, nor is the one who does not love his brother.

John 8:44 ESV
You are of your father the devil, and your will is to do your father's desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, and has nothing to do with the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks out of his own character, for he is a liar and the father of lies.

Jesus said to them, “If God were your Father, you would love me, for I came from God and I am here. I came not of my own accord, but he sent me.

Deuteronomy 32:17They sacrificed unto devils, not to God; to gods whom they knew not, to new gods that came newly up, whom your fathers feared not.

Acts 13:10And said, O full of all subtilty and all mischief, thou child of the devil, thou enemy of all righteousness, wilt thou not cease to pervert the right ways of the Lord?

EPHESIANS 2:2
KJ21 wherein in times past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience.

Colossians 1:13
New International Version
For he has rescued us from the dominion of darkness and brought us into the kingdom of the Son he loves

Are these people the offspring of the God of this World?

2 Corinthians 4:4 [Full Chapter]
In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

huh?

The believer is born of God:
But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God. —John 1:12,13
25 Things That Happen The Moment You Are Born Again

You are adopted into God’s family. God is Father only to those who are brought into his family. Every believer who repents and has saving faith in Christ enjoys this status, being adopted into the family of God as a beloved son or daughter. Your Dad is the King of the universe! (John 1:12)
12 Things That Happen the Moment You Are Born-Again

What happens when one is born of the Spirit?
The way I see it is that we all need to be adopted BACK into God's presents through repentance and obedience to His laws and ordinances. In a way we are like the prodigal son who left and sinned thus becoming unworthy to be a son. We all need to repent and return to our Father in heaven.

• Agree
Reactions: Daniel Marsh
Upvote 0

Jamesone5

Site Supporter
Aug 7, 2019
Basin
✟97,413.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The way I see it is that we all need to be adopted BACK into God's presents through repentance and obedience to His laws and ordinances. In a way we are like the prodigal son who left and sinned thus becoming unworthy to be a son. We all need to repent and return to our Father in heaven.

God denies He is your literal father until you repent.?That His supposed fatherhood never actually happened unless you repent?

Last edited:
  • Friendly
Reactions: Daniel Marsh
Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟307,281.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
The will/ways of man are contrary to the will/ways of the Father. The ways of man are self oriented while the ways of the Father address others. The governance of man runs contrary to the governance (kingdom) of the Father and cannot serve the Father when putting the affairs of man first. To serve the governance of man first is the serve the adversarial spirit of the one who still rules this adversarial world.

Jesus was seen as a rebel for good reason, bringing a counter-culture to the world (and even religion). A world of man that was shown to be contrary to the will of God. It still is. By putting matters of the spirit ahead of matters of the flesh, thus addressing matters of the flesh appropriately, we become governed by the spirit of God. In effect the flesh has died and we have become born again if acting in servitude to each other, no longer living in the predatory nature of our fellow creatures but in realizing we are one in spirit as humans and should treat each other as we treat ourselves for realistically we are all one in nature. What we do to others we do to ourselves.

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟307,281.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
God denies He is your literal father until you repent.?That His supposed fatherhood never actually happened unless you repent?
Think the parable of the prodigal son. It was not the father who left the son but the other way around. Repentance means leaving the ways of the world behind and returning to the ways of the Kingdom of God (as the prodigal son did. ) We are all prodigal sons.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: He is the way
Upvote 0

Jamesone5

Site Supporter
Aug 7, 2019
Basin
✟97,413.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Think the parable of the prodigal son. It was not the father who left the son but the other way around. Repentance means leaving the ways of the world behind and returning to the ways of the Kingdom of God (as the prodigal son did. ) We are all prodigals sons.
Actually I mostly agree with you about the prodigal son.

But, here it is an argument against Mormons of which I was on----up until 25 years ago. A question that I had at one time as a Mormon.

Upvote 0

Jamesone5

Site Supporter
Aug 7, 2019
Basin
✟97,413.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Wait.. am I posting in an off limits thread? Sorry.

No--not off limits but here I had to tell you what I understand, which is telling you that I mostly agree with you
Do not make a problem where none exists.

Upvote 0