Children of the Citadel OOC (INVITE ONLY)

K9Guardian

I live to protect the flock...
May 25, 2006
Where, in what sense?
✟13,315.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
High in the mountains and far from human lands, surrounded by beautiful forests and crystalline lakes, there stands a citadel known far and wide as a place of refuge for the suffering, healing for the sick, and wisdom for the troubled of heart. It has no name, but is called Sanctuary.

Those who travel to Sanctuary seek the help of its master, a bent old man who leans on a staff. This man is rumored to have great powers. Some say he is a sage, others a saint, and even some say he is an agent of the Queen of Fiends. But it is known that no one of genuine soul asks for the aid of this old man without leaving Sanctuary changed forever.

Yet there is one mystery reported by those who have been within those blessed white walls. No one lives in Sanctuary but the old man and his two servants, and the children. No one knows who the children are, but for seventeen years they have been seen in the lawns and orchards or in the halls of the citadel, and visitors are not permitted to speak to them. Nor does the old man answer questions about the children.

It is to these children we direct our tale.

As stated in the title of the thread, this RPG is open only to players who have been specifically approved by myself and the other members of this group. Anyone is free to post comments in the OOC and to read the story, but if you're not invited, please don't post in the IC.

The current players in this RPG are: Mountaindog, Sylvengard, LightofHeavenn, and Fire of Zion.

Thanks! :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Fire Of Zion

Something deep inside keeps my Faith alive.
Nov 16, 2003
the world of Facebook
Visit site
✟11,615.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
So I'm going to post... I have a bit of an idea forming in my head character-wise. In your posts, you both mention 2 people. One is your main character (the "child"), and the others are... Who? The servants? Just wondering to place the roles in my head :)

Ps... It feels good to be back, and I haven't even started.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

K9Guardian

May 25, 2006
Where, in what sense?
✟13,315.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Bro, that's tthe second time you've overlooked details i put down about the setting. Firsst it was minor, tthe fact that I described tthe sky as "cloudless" and youbhad haven "watching puffy white clouds". now it's more major. Pleaase look at the quotes below. I will put the relevant text in bold.
Tuan reached the steps leading up to the citadel and began the gentle climb to the entrance. Nan Jasna waited for him on the top step, framed by the huge arched doors behind her. When he drew near, her black brows lowered and she said, “Where is Maurus?”

“Huh? He’s right here.” Tuan gestured behind him. Seeing Nan’s skeptical look, he turned on the steps to see for himself. “Hey, I thought he was right here! Maurus! Maurus! Where’d you go?”

The only people in sight were Haven and Nunk, coming up the path.
Hearing shouts behind them, Haven and Sialan glanced back. Tuan stood a short way down the path, calling out to Maurus who was nowhere to be seen. A disappointed-looking Jasna walked toward Tuan, shaking her head.

In my post, Tuan was on the stairs *at the door* and Jassna was *waiting for him*. If tuan had yo turn around to see Haven and Sialan, that means they were *behind* him. Your post does not take the preceding logistics into account.

Akso, if Jasna was standing on the top step, your chars would have to pass her by to get to the door, right?

I don't mean to seem nitpicky, but too many of these kind of errors could become disruptive, because people react to them and create a snowball effect.

Please edit your post and try to watch out for these kinds of mistakes, okay?

Upvote 0

K9Guardian

May 25, 2006
Where, in what sense?
✟13,315.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The annoyance is mutual.

he front lawn of s castle is huge. It's not unfeasible they could all be in front but not be near each other.

If you want, I can remove that part, but then we need to agree on how we want to work out the inconsistency.
'
Even if I move Tuan back behindb haven, Jasna will still be up on the stairs, not behing hsven walking towards Tuan.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Fire Of Zion

Something deep inside keeps my Faith alive.
Nov 16, 2003
the world of Facebook
Visit site
✟11,615.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
... but when I see Fozzy's work, I think to myself 'man, I've gotta stop sneezing and type." :p

That is EXACTLY how I feel when I read your work, lol! You all push me to compete with you ;)

Upvote 0