• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

Childhood of Jesus

Discussion in 'Christian Scriptures' started by LayHong_Loves_Christ, Mar 3, 2021.

1. LayHong_Loves_Christ

LayHong_Loves_Christ Member

+20
    Malaysia
    Protestant
    Married
    Jesus was born as a baby, and he grew up as every normal child.
    1-10,
    11-20,
    21-30.

Why no detailed account of his childhood, teenager, young man story?

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Minister Monardo

Minister Monardo Well-Known Member Supporter

+1,799
    United States
    Christian
    Celibate
    The Gospel is not the biography of a man. It is the Son of God come to do His Father's Will,
    and fulfill all the prophecies concerning Him. This began with His baptism by John the Baptist.

Mark 1:
    The beginning of the gospel of Jesus Christ, the Son of God;
    2 As it is written in the prophets, Behold, I send my messenger before thy face, which shall
    prepare thy way before thee.
    3 The voice of one crying in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the Lord, make his paths
    straight.

Two of the Gospels include birth narratives, because they fulfill prophecy.
    Luke 24:44 Then He said to them, These are the words which I spoke to you while I was still
    with you, that all things must be fulfilled which were written in the Law of Moses
    and Prophets and Psalms concerning Me.

3. Rene Loup

Rene Loup Saved Wolf Among Sheep

+568
    Canada
    Christian
    Private
    There is an account in the Gospel of Luke describing the Lord Jesus Christ as a child prodigy.

~Luke 2:41-52 (NIV)

Bible Gateway passage: Luke 2 - King James Version
    Bible Gateway passage: Luke 2 - New King James Version
    Bible Gateway passage: Luke 2 - New International Version
    Bible Gateway passage: Luke 2 - International Children’s Bible

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  4. Going_Nowhere

Going_Nowhere Active Member

+383
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    John 21:25 Jesus did many other things as well. If every one of them were written down, I suppose that even the whole world would not have room for the books that would be written.

5. ewq1938

ewq1938 It's ok to be wrong but it's not ok to stay wrong. Staff Member Supervisor Supporter

+5,752
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    US-Republican
    There is some but it is not as important as his life during his ministry and death.

Luk 2:41 Now his parents went to Jerusalem every year at the feast of the passover.
    Luk 2:42 And when he was twelve years old, they went up to Jerusalem after the custom of the feast.
    Luk 2:43 And when they had fulfilled the days, as they returned, the child Jesus tarried behind in Jerusalem; and Joseph and his mother knew not of it.
    Luk 2:44 But they, supposing him to have been in the company, went a day's journey; and they sought him among their kinsfolk and acquaintance.
    Luk 2:45 And when they found him not, they turned back again to Jerusalem, seeking him.
    Luk 2:46 And it came to pass, that after three days they found him in the temple, sitting in the midst of the doctors, both hearing them, and asking them questions.
    Luk 2:47 And all that heard him were astonished at his understanding and answers.
    Luk 2:48 And when they saw him, they were amazed: and his mother said unto him, Son, why hast thou thus dealt with us? behold, thy father and I have sought thee sorrowing.
    Luk 2:49 And he said unto them, How is it that ye sought me? wist ye not that I must be about my Father's business?
    Luk 2:50 And they understood not the saying which he spake unto them.
    Luk 2:51 And he went down with them, and came to Nazareth, and was subject unto them: but his mother kept all these sayings in her heart.

6. Basil the Great

Basil the Great Well-Known Member Supporter

+3,707
    Christian
    Private
    US-Green
    The Infancy Gospel addresses Jesus' early years, but it was not accepted by the Early Church as an authentic Gospel.

7. ViaCrucis

ViaCrucis Evangelical Catholic of the Augsburg Confession

+20,737
    United States
    Lutheran
    In Relationship
    US-Others
    The Gospels are interested in His ministry, His Passion, and His resurrection. The reasons why Matthew and Luke offer us any information about His nativity is because it is important to the overall points they are writing about--about the Jesus who came preaching the kingdom, was crucified under Pilate, dead, buried, and who rose on the third day as victor over sin, death, hell, and the devil.

In this sense the Gospels aren't biographies as we usually understand biographies. They are Gospels, which are their own kind of literary genre; proclamations of the good news of what God has done for the world through Jesus Christ.

Late on we do see Christian romances about the childhood of Jesus, but these stories are apocryphal and shouldn't be taken as anything more than as ancient works of pious fiction. Basically, these were the ancient equivalent of religious fanfiction.

-CryptoLutheran

8. prodromos

prodromos Senior Veteran Supporter

+8,173
    Australia
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    Perhaps Jesus remained hidden as a child to protect Him until the appointed time. The evil one had already tried to kill him through King Herod soon after His birth.

9. ViaCrucis

ViaCrucis Evangelical Catholic of the Augsburg Confession

+20,737
    United States
    Lutheran
    In Relationship
    US-Others
    I suspect that even if we could somehow find out what our Lord was doing, it probably wouldn't necessarily be all that interesting. When Jesus spoke at the synagogue in Nazareth, the shock of the people is palpable, "Isn't this Joseph the carpenter's kid?" That seems to imply--or at least I think it does--the possibility that Jesus' life up until His public ministry was probably pretty quiet and mundane.

-CryptoLutheran

10. LayHong_Loves_Christ

+20
    Malaysia
    Protestant
    Married
    Jesus can narrate his story to his diciples.
    Let Jesus show us example to be a good boy, good teenager, good adult.

11. Minister Monardo

Minister Monardo Well-Known Member Supporter

+1,799
    United States
    Christian
    Celibate
    I was seeking a possible explanation for why the Lord's ministry did not begin
    until age 30, especially since he was a "boy wonder" at 12, when Jewish youth
    are attaining their bar/bat Mitzvah. I saw this as a point of interest:

Numbers 4:
    All who were numbered of the Levites, whom Moses, Aaron, and the leaders of Israel
    numbered, by their families and by their fathers’ houses,
    47 from thirty years old and above, even to fifty years old, everyone who came to do the
    work of service and the work of bearing burdens in the tabernacle of meeting.

The priests and Levites did not begin to serve until age 30. This does not prove anything,
    but suggests that age is appropriate to serve "His Father's House".
    Perhaps this was something that He honored.

12. LayHong_Loves_Christ

+20
    Malaysia
    Protestant
    Married
    Many people doubt the story of Jesus because of lack of record or his earlier life.

13. LayHong_Loves_Christ

+20
    Malaysia
    Protestant
    Married
    Did Jesus got to school and take examination?
    What is his results?
    Supposed to be very good, all As?