Iffy

Feb 6, 2002
Brisbane
Visit site
✟15,549.00
Faith
Protestant
Hi!
I saw a documentary on TV last night about 'child evangelism' in the US. There was this little boy who traveled with his dad in a caravan and went around preaching and laying hands on people. He grew up and still did that, never having friends or much education. Then his younger brother followed along and was later 'ordained'. I think the boy who was ordained was not older than 10 yo then.

I thought the whole thing really weird. I'm not very comfortable with the idea of children as evangelists , especially as young as 7yo or probably younger. Does anyone know anything about 'child evangelism' and have an educated opinion about this?

SUNSTONE

Christian Warrior
Sep 2, 2002
Cocoa Village
Visit site
✟18,200.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Who says that child doesn't have any other friends other than God?
I imagine there are many people who travel with them, so they would have friends there.
Honestly from what you said here, I like the idea. What I don't like is parents sending there children off to public schools.
If the child is strong enough in the word, then ask God should they goto public schools. They could be a light, in the darkness.

I refer to public schools that are in America, or anywhere that doesn't have God in them.

Upvote 0

ZiSunka

It means 'yellow dog'
Jan 16, 2002
✟38,767.00
Faith
Christian
I wonder if the little boy was doing it for God or for his earthly father?

I wonder what made the father start travelling with his son, preaching?

How did the little boy receive his education?

When the boy preaches, does he have sound doctrine and are people edified by it, or is it merely entertainment using Christ's name?

There are a lot of questions I'd want to have answered before I could tell you how I feel about this. But it does sound pretty weird and it makes me uncomfortable.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.