✟10,902.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
No.

'They' don't eat there because of the anti-gay stance.

You can be a Christian and keep your opinions to yourself.
Or,

You can be American and say what you darn well please. Christians shouldn't have to be silenced JUST because you happen to disagree with their doctrines, beliefs, etc.

Upvote 0

SuziTiri

FRIEND WITH OPEN ARMS
May 8, 2012
Victoria BC, Canada
✟17,163.00
Faith
Oneness
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Politics
CA-Liberals
Or,

You can be American and say what you darn well please. Christians shouldn't have to be silenced JUST because you happen to disagree with their doctrines, beliefs, etc.

and others who are not Christian or have different beliefs shouldn't have to be silenced just because you happen to disagree with those.

NOBODY NEEDS TO BE SILENCED

Upvote 0

Erose

Jul 2, 2010
✟67,781.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Leave peoples' bigotry to themselves.

God loves us all and no redneck chicken joint can trump that...:)

Out of these posts on this one long thread not one person has told me which comment(s) that Dan Cathy made that was bigoted. So I ask it again, what comment you got a problem with in that article?

Again to make it easy for you here is the article that started the firestorm:

BaptistPress 'Guilty as charged,' Cathy says of Chick-fil-A's stand on biblical & family values -

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Erose

Jul 2, 2010
✟67,781.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
<staff edit>
So where is your proof he hates gays? If you are going to make accusations you need to have something to back it up. If you don't then all I can determine about you from your post is that you have a deep rooted bigotry against Christians.

Oh by the way welcome to OBOB. Glad to have you.:wave:

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

Erose

Jul 2, 2010
✟67,781.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
No.

'They' don't eat there because of the anti-gay stance.

You can be a Christian and keep your opinions to yourself.

Yeah that is exactly what is wanted. You can be Christian but only behind closed doors at you home and in your Church. Everywhere else well don't show it. Interesting policy there. I think Stalin had a similar policy as well.

Upvote 0

mg0086

Prospective Doctor of the Church
Dec 8, 2007
Stella Maris Chapel
Visit site
✟10,902.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Yeah that is exactly what is wanted. You can be Christian but only behind closed doors at you home and in your Church. Everywhere else well don't show it. Interesting policy there. I think Stalin had a similar policy as well.
Yeah,

What he said! Anti-gay stance? What the founder said was that he supported traditional marriage. Then the gay rights activists took that and blew it up with it being hate and victimizing themselves....as they always do. He said nothing about hating gay people and a matter of fact, I'm sure he employs many of them and SERVES many of them. He just supports an old christian doctrine that's been around since biblical times.

Upvote 0

MoreCoffee

Repentance works.
Jan 8, 2011
Near the flying spaghetti monster
✟57,848.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
... not one person has told me which comment(s) that Dan Cathy made that was bigoted. ...
I think what has some people upset with Chick fil-A is the organisations and causes funded by the company and/or its owners. ...

Upvote 0

Antigone

The Wrath of Whatever
Apr 20, 2006
De Boendoks
✟33,025.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)

Godwin! Everybody drink!

And stop acting like you're being persecuted. Move to North Korea to know what it's like or quit yer whining.

You are allowed to say you are against gay marriage but then you have do deal wiht the backlash. That's not persecution. That's free speech, Twinkletoes.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Antigone

The Wrath of Whatever
Apr 20, 2006
De Boendoks
✟33,025.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Who knew Stalin was a Nazi.

Godwin's law extends beyond Nazis. Look it up.

Though I'm tempted to make an exception for people who get creative and use Mobutu or Videla as an example for once instead.

They get extra credit for using Mobutu's full name.

Upvote 0

Brooklyn Knight

On a narrow road but not narrow minded
Nov 21, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
✟13,065.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Others
Godwin's Rule of Nazi Analogies

Godwin's Law of Nazi Analogies

Yeah, not getting Soviets or Stalin. All I got was:

"As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches 1.

Upvote 0

Erose

Jul 2, 2010
✟67,781.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I think what has some people upset with Chick fil-A is the organisations and causes funded by the company and/or its owners. ...

Maybe, but that isn't what caused this recent outrage it was something he said in that article and I am still waiting to know what part of that article is hate speech.

Upvote 0

Erose

Jul 2, 2010
✟67,781.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Godwin! Everybody drink!

And stop acting like you're being persecuted. Move to North Korea to know what it's like or quit yer whining.

You are allowed to say you are against gay marriage but then you have do deal wiht the backlash. That's not persecution. That's free speech, Twinkletoes.

Stop dodging the question and tell me what part of that interview did Mr. Cathy participate in hate speech?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.