New Jerusalem (destination)
✟2,224.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Private
Good points. "Hold(ing) fast to that which is true" should be the building blocks of one's life.
What is the method, before that, for finding out that which is true, since they cannot be holding fast to something they do not know ? THe vast majority never find out what is true, or at least never accept what is true.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟960,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
What is the method, before that, for finding out that which is true, since they cannot be holding fast to something they do not know ? THe vast majority never find out what is true, or at least never accept what is true.

Most eventually trip over the truths, pick themselves up and continue as if nothing had happened. :(

Upvote 0

Kettriken

Feb 10, 2020
Pennsylvania
✟41,816.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Private
Makes you wonder if 'health smoothies' are really that healthy as they are ingested quickly without the benefit of mixing with saliva gland enzymes.

That's a good question. I suppose it would have to do with the make up of the smoothie. The small sugars, as from fruit, could still be absorbed through the stomach wall while any proteins were digested. Leftover starches would be taken care of in the small intestine. The smooth nature of the drink prevents the sort of stomach logjams that could be experienced with a gummy bread and meat amalgam, so that's a plus. As long as there aren't too many indigestibles it could be ok.

What mostly bothers me about smoothies is the when folks advocate lots of blended raw spinach or kale. I love them both, but my thyroid can't abide that hit of goitrogen. I've learned to take my cruciferous vegetables cooked and in moderation.

Upvote 0