Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
She is mistaken to place the emphasis on access to abortion rather than on access to contraception.
These girls are like 12 & 13 years old. People do not seem to be upset over an abortion but they maybe upset if you were to hand out free condoms.

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,256,320.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Politics
US-Democrat
Chelsea Clinton thanks abortion for being good for the economy
by Becket Adams
| August 14, 2018 11:32 AM
Washington Examiner

The Supreme Court’s 1973 Roe v. Wade ruling, which legalized abortion nationwide, has been great for the economy, says Chelsea Clinton.

The number of women entering the workforce has exploded since the early 1970s, she explained this weekend. These women are responsible for adding about $3.5 trillion to the U.S. economy.

Roe v. Wade was also decided in the early 1970s. You do the math.

"Whether you fundamentally care about reproductive rights and access right, because these are not the same thing, if you care about social justice or economic justice, agency – you have to care about this,” Clinton said Saturday at a “Rise Up for Roe” event.

She added,

"It is not a disconnected fact … that American women entering the labor force from 1973 to 2009 added three and a half trillion dollars to our economy. Right? The net, new entrance of women – that is not disconnected from the fact that Roe became the law of the land in January of 1973."​

Poster note: A rare honesty here with Ms. Clinton confirming what many already knew, that Roe v. Wade decision is akin to the Moloch cult.

Remainder of the article here: Chelsea Clinton thanks abortion for being good for the economy

The first half of what Clinton said was OK, about women's agency. I get that, and I agree. However, I find Clinton's economic arguments pathetic, as it actually instrumentalizes women's bodies. "Don't be mothers, be wage-slaves instead!". Really quite idiotic and self-defeating. It's also a shallow view of economics and human development.

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,256,320.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Politics
US-Democrat
It's odd to connect women in the workforce to the Roe v Wade decision, because there's a more obvious event that happened in the 1960s: The availability of legal, reliable contraception. The birth control pill was approved by the FDA in 1960, and the 1965 decision Griswold v Connecticut said that states could no longer make birth control illegal for married couples. (Source: Birth control in the United States - Wikipedia)

To my knowledge, most married women aren't using abortion to limit their family size; they're using contraception.

I'll try to go hunt down Chelsea Clinton's actual speech, to see if she really did credit Roe v Wade with allowing women the freedom to enter the work force in large numbers. If that's what she said, she's in error.

Abortion access has to be considered within the reality that no form of birth control is 100 percent reliable- especially forms that are readily available to many American poor women, that often depend on the cooperation of men (condoms). I think that is where Ms. Clinton is coming from, though perhaps she was not explaining herself adequately.

Upvote 0