United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Oh wtg Firecracker!
LOL

Oh now I'm coveting! and my stomach is growling LOL
Seriously, it's growling and starting to hurt !
And all I have is some dumb toss salad or something ^_^

Well thank YOU for the pretzel/stromboli. I will be making that one very soon. Maybe today if I get my other priorities done. And if I ever put my
laptop down ;)
How about basil? How much do you recommend if using dry?

Oh, and any other tips?
Thanks again sweetie! :hug:

If you lived next door, Id invite ya over for some, it made alot!

Tips would be (and I chose to make this with deCecco Orecchiette) which looks like small shells. I like the tip on the recipe itself, not to add them to the soup. Otherwise they will soak up all the soup if stored that way. So I made them separately and kept them separate. I made the cheese filling (easy) the night before (two minutes) .

The recipe calls for a 1/2 cup of fresh basil (and I didnt have any) so I used dry (and I guessed a 1/4 cup of that) which was perfect (to me). My mistake was adding it in last (when you should only do that when using fresh). I should have added it in with the first spices along with the onion, because my basil was floating like algea on the top of the soup ^_^

I was like, oopsy^_^

Didnt effect it either.

Not only that is I used 50% less fat Italian sausage and I could not tell it was any less so amazing because of that either.:thumbsup:

Well worth it sis, Im so glad I tried this, gonna freeze half and leave out the other half (cause its addicting) :thumbsup:

Reactions: sunlover1
Upvote 0

sunlover1

Beloved, Let us love one another
Nov 10, 2006
Under the Shadow of the Almighty
✟94,511.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
If you lived next door, Id invite ya over for some, it made alot!
No thanks I just had a boring garden salad.

^_^ just kidding. (Not about the boring salad tho)
Wish I did live next door.

Tips would be (and I chose to make this with deCecco Orecchiette) which looks like small shells. I like the tip on the recipe itself, not to add them to the soup. Otherwise they will soak up all the soup if stored that way. So I made them separately and kept them separate. I made the cheese filling (easy) the night before (two minutes) .
Great tip! Thanks for sharing it.
I'd hate it if they got soggy!

The recipe calls for a 1/2 cup of fresh basil (and I didnt have any) so I used dry (and I guessed a 1/4 cup of that) which was perfect (to me). My mistake was adding it in last (when you should only do that when using fresh). I should have added it in with the first spices along with the onion, because my basil was floating like algea on the top of the soup ^_^

I was like, oopsy^_^

Didnt effect it either.
Okay then, lotsa basil, check

Not only that is I used 50% less fat Italian sausage and I could not tell it was any less so amazing because of that either.:thumbsup:
GREAT to know!
I don't eat much fats lately.

Well worth it sis, Im so glad I tried this, gonna freeze half and leave out the other half (cause its addicting)
I think I'm making this tonight after all lol.
How long did it take?

Love your new avatar and fonts :cool:

Reactions: Fireinfolding
Upvote 0

Fireinfolding

Dec 17, 2006
The South
✟121,561.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No thanks I just had a boring garden salad.

^_^ just kidding. (Not about the boring salad tho)
Wish I did live next door.

Great tip! Thanks for sharing it.
I'd hate it if they got soggy!

Okay then, lotsa basil, check

GREAT to know!
I don't eat much fats lately.

I think I'm making this tonight after all lol.
How long did it take?

Love your new avatar and fonts :cool:

Ha ha... yeah thanks ^_^

Love the sunglasses ^_^:p

I didnt time it, but probrobly took like 15 minutes for the prepping (and this while sausauge was cooking). Chopped the onion (while it was cooking) and then added all the stuffs back to back (as I was going along).

Simmered it for the thirty minutes (while the pasta was cooking).

The longest part was just letting it simmer really. Pretty esay.

I was posting online while it simmered, then had me a big ol' bowl with cheese pulling and stretching everywheres from out of it:thumbsup:

What a breakfast ^_^

Upvote 0

sunlover1

Nov 10, 2006
✟94,511.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Ha ha... yeah thanks ^_^

Love the sunglasses ^_^:p

I didnt time it, but probrobly took like 15 minutes for the prepping (and this while sausauge was cooking). Chopped the onion (while it was cooking) and then added all the stuffs back to back (as I was going along).

Simmered it for the thirty minutes (while the pasta was cooking).

The longest part was just letting it simmer really. Pretty esay.

I was posting online while it simmered, then had me a big ol' bowl with cheese pulling and stretching everywheres from out of it:thumbsup:

What a breakfast ^_^
I guess that was pretty nutritious.
Certainly low cal :D
Thanks again for all the info.
I'm not too jealous.
I made the guac that Tangible posted on
his thread (Didn't have all ingredients but it
was delicious nonetheless)Never woulda
thought to put that much lime but yum!
Then in another dish I melted cheese over
chili and had me a meal too. Had to fight
off my 19 yo, but I managed to get some.
:cool: < thanks mon

we bad

Upvote 0

Fireinfolding

Dec 17, 2006
The South
✟121,561.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I guess that was pretty nutritious.
Certainly low cal :D
Thanks again for all the info.
I'm not too jealous.
I made the guac that Tangible posted on
his thread (Didn't have all ingredients but it
was delicious nonetheless)Never woulda
thought to put that much lime but yum!
Then in another dish I melted cheese over
chili and had me a meal too. Had to fight
off my 19 yo, but I managed to get some.
:cool: < thanks mon

we bad

I just dont have the same crzed appreciation for that guac stuff, never did, the white stuff (sour cream, yeah) not the green stuff lol, Id be pushing the bowl your way.

Welp, I gotta head out in about an hour so I best get ready:thumbsup: Im such a procrastinator.

Someone elses dog beat up my dog and he needs all his stitches out this evening ^_^

Four legged beasts ^_^ They have no idea who really owns whicher territory they try to defend lol Then cost you a mint to redefend the same again (sheesh...):doh:

Upvote 0

sunlover1

Nov 10, 2006
✟94,511.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I just dont have the same crzed appreciation for that guac stuff, never did, the white stuff (sour cream, yeah) not the green stuff lol, Id be pushing the bowl your way.
Then WE need to do lunch at On The Border

Welp, I gotta head out in about an hour so I best get ready:thumbsup: Im such a procrastinator.

Someone elses dog beat up my dog and he needs all his stitches out this evening ^_^

Four legged beasts ^_^ They have no idea who really owns whicher territory they try to defend lol Then cost you a mint to redefend the same again (sheesh...):doh:
Awwww :(
My dog's a house dog, and she lays around and sleeps most of the time
now :) OLD fart she is.
Hey, looks like this can be our wall since nobody else seems to have
any more recipes ;)
Just make sure to talk food or I'll have to scold you.:preach::preach::preach:
With my Cross apron on >
lol.

See you later.

Upvote 0

Fireinfolding

Dec 17, 2006
The South
✟121,561.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Then WE need to do lunch at On The Border

Awwww :(
My dog's a house dog, and she lays around and sleeps most of the time
now :) OLD fart she is.
Hey, looks like this can be our wall since nobody else seems to have
any more recipes ;)
Just make sure to talk food or I'll have to scold you.:preach::preach::preach:
With my Cross apron on >
lol.

See you later.

We can talk dog biscuit recipes sis :thumbsup:

They do have these cute bone cookie cutters have you seen them? ^_^And online recipes for doggy stuff. I lost a decent one I use to make them, where I would have to blend liver and all kinds of stuff together to make them. But it sure wasnt the kind of recipe you would be licking your fingers (as you go) but thinking oh gross (get this off my hand) lol

All my indoor dogs are old farts now too sun:thumbsup: They used to see a rabbit or a squirrel and bolt through the woods to get them. Now they look up (as if they are thinking bout it) but then you can tell they are thinking... nah... Im just getting way too old for this stuff ^_^

Theres a real good Japanese wing recipe at allrecipes, but its not easy, meaning its time consuming. However, if you buy your chicken wings already cut up it will save you one hour of the two (hands on) to make. You can google it Japanese wings recipe at allrecipes and it should come up (excellent reviews) really love it, but detest making them lol

Upvote 0

sunlover1

Nov 10, 2006
✟94,511.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
We can talk dog biscuit recipes sis :thumbsup:

They do have these cute bone cookie cutters have you seen them? ^_^And online recipes for doggy stuff. I lost a decent one I use to make them, where I would have to blend liver and all kinds of stuff together to make them. But it sure wasnt the kind of recipe you would be licking your fingers (as you go) but thinking oh gross (get this off my hand) lol

All my indoor dogs are old farts now too sun:thumbsup: They used to see a rabbit or a squirrel and bolt through the woods to get them. Now they look up (as if they are thinking bout it) but then you can tell they are thinking... nah... Im just getting way too old for this stuff ^_^

Theres a real good Japanese wing recipe at allrecipes, but its not easy, meaning its time consuming. However, if you buy your chicken wings already cut up it will save you one hour of the two (hands on) to make. You can google it Japanese wings recipe at allrecipes and it should come up (excellent reviews) really love it, but detest making them lol
Sure, we can talk dogs sweetie!
I'll talk about doggies wit cha. I have a springer and she's bout
done for this world. But she's a loyal girl for sure.

OMGosh i love wings Thanks for the recipe idea.

Guess what I have in my fridge? Leftover lasagna soup! lol.

I appreciated the tips, thanks. I made my (radiatore) pasta separate, put it into the bowl, dolloped the cheese yum over that,
ladled soup over that, then mozzarella sprinkled on that and then ladled just a bit of juice to melt it.
Parmesan over the entire thing and BAM.:yum:

Next recipe to try, the pretzels!! Today!

Upvote 0

sunlover1

Nov 10, 2006
✟94,511.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Check out the treasure I found!!

Lunch Lady Brownies:
brownies.jpg

Upvote 0

Fireinfolding

Dec 17, 2006
The South
✟121,561.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I meant doggie recipes (keeping to your topic) well, sorta, but not really^_^

Yeah mine too sis, the time of their departure isnt too far off. The one I was telling you bout might need to be put down this week because of that dog fight (he is not healing well) and that after two surgeries. And we just had the vet come out to put down one of our goats last Saturday. So we've got a bunch of little old ladies on my side of things.

Heres the direct link to that recipe if anyone wants to try it

Japanese Chicken Wings Recipe - Allrecipes.com

The brownies look delicious too sis :thumbsup:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

sunlover1

Nov 10, 2006
✟94,511.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I meant doggie recipes (keeping to your topic) well, sorta, but not really^_^
LOL. you talk about anything you'd like to share :)

Yeah mine too sis, the time of their departure isnt too far off. The one I was telling you bout might need to be put down this week because of that dog fight (he is not healing well) and that after two surgeries.
Suffering? :( That's no good! He needs drugs.

And we just had the vet come out to put down one of our goats last Saturday. So we've got a bunch of little old ladies on my side of things.
You have goats?! Chickens too?
Didja know that all God's creatures got a place in the choir?
(Some sing low, some sing higher) :holy:

Heres the direct link to that recipe if anyone wants to try it

Japanese Chicken Wings Recipe - Allrecipes.com

The brownies look delicious too sis :thumbsup:
Oh thank you! I'll have to check that one out.
Yeah, my youngest brings home plates of cookies
and brownies or bars etc every week. (from church)
Some little old lady made some brownies one time
and they tasted like... gritty but in a good way?
Anyhow. LOVED them, but who knows who made
them. kwim?
So maybe these will do er.

So you don't like On The Border? :confused:

Upvote 0

Fireinfolding

Dec 17, 2006
The South
✟121,561.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes the dog is on drugs, just first antibiotic didnt work, using a stronger one. Down from five goats to two. We had chickens, but the dogs...well... and a chicken hawk got the last one. We were supposed to get baby chicks in the next month but house needs a roof which is being put on tommorrow at 7 am. It was between a roof or chicken coop, and we chose a roof. That will have to wait till next year Lord willing.

My husband will try the brownies if I made them:thumbsup: I want to try SU's rib recipe this weekend, though I have to find a way to cook them in the oven because I hate the grate on this grill we have and its not a cheap grill, its just they sacrificed something with their grates on this brand and it makes grilling a pain in the rear (when it used to be a breeze). But he did say the secret is in the rub, and I can get them to fall off the bone (the way I like) so I will try his way, and give it a whirl that way.

I dont know what the border thing is your talking about though, whats that?

Upvote 0

sunlover1

Nov 10, 2006
✟94,511.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Yes the dog is on drugs, just first antibiotic didnt work, using a stronger one. Down from five goats to two. We had chickens, but the dogs...well... and a chicken hawk got the last one. We were supposed to get baby chicks in the next month but house needs a roof which is being put on tommorrow at 7 am. It was between a roof or chicken coop, and we chose a roof. That will have to wait till next year Lord willing.

My husband will try the brownies if I made them:thumbsup: I want to try SU's rib recipe this weekend, though I have to find a way to cook them in the oven because I hate the grate on this grill we have and its not a cheap grill, its just they sacrificed something with their grates on this brand and it makes grilling a pain in the rear (when it used to be a breeze). But he did say the secret is in the rub, and I can get them to fall off the bone (the way I like) so I will try his way, and give it a whirl that way.

Nice to have a roof over your head first lol.
Chickens can wait.
I will post the recipe for that brownie, but it's untested.
Not sure if i made that clear.
SU's ribs, mmmm. I'll have to take note of that recipe.
Wonder if it has a smokey to it. I like a hint of smokey
in my ribs .. I eat ribs as often as i can.

Decided to do the pretzel dogs tomorrow, had to run around
tonight and stopped at Steak and Shake (are you familiar?)

On The Border?
I prefer going in summer and eating outside.
Such a nice healthy(ish) menu and lots of
guacamole! (but not cheap) thus the invitation
to eat with someone who's not going to hog it lol.
Shameless.

Upvote 0

Fireinfolding

Dec 17, 2006
The South
✟121,561.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Nice to have a roof over your head first lol.
Chickens can wait.
I will post the recipe for that brownie, but it's untested.
Not sure if i made that clear.
SU's ribs, mmmm. I'll have to take note of that recipe.
Wonder if it has a smokey to it. I like a hint of smokey
in my ribs .. I eat ribs as often as i can.

Decided to do the pretzel dogs tomorrow, had to run around
tonight and stopped at Steak and Shake (are you familiar?)

On The Border?
I prefer going in summer and eating outside.
Such a nice healthy(ish) menu and lots of
guacamole! (but not cheap) thus the invitation
to eat with someone who's not going to hog it lol.
Shameless.

Well nevermind on an untested recipe, theres so many of those sis^_^ No we dont have a Steak and Shake here that I know of, we dont really go out much, save we do like Texas Road houses prime ribs, sorta hooked on those. My husband would laugh, her? Eat outside in the summer? No I am a bug nut, specially bees, the person sitting in front of me would be wearing my plate if I saw one^_^ So even if I wouldnt hog the guacamole (because I dont like the stuff like you) I might push the plate further then you'd like me to (lol) I scream like the girl I am around flying bugs.

Gotta hit the sack sis, got the guys coming for this first roof in six hours from now. Wondering how the dogs will react with ten guys pounding in nails from overtop of them? Ought to be fun ^_^ I'll need to be taking a few aspirins by mid noon Im thinking.

Nite nite sis :groupray:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Standing Up

On and on
Sep 3, 2008
Around about
✟66,235.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

BTW, I use that amount of run on one rack, instead of two per the recipe. One is all my little weber accomodates.

Upvote 0

sunlover1

Nov 10, 2006
✟94,511.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Well nevermind on an untested recipe, theres so many of those sis^_^
Ok, I'll test it lol

No we dont have a Steak and Shake here that I know of, we dont really go out much, save we do like Texas Road houses prime ribs, sorta hooked on those.
Texas RoadHouse ribs are my favorite in town. They have a bit of that 'smokey" flavor and they're not too messy MMMM.

My husband would laugh, her? Eat outside in the summer? No I am a bug nut, specially bees, the person sitting in front of me would be wearing my plate if I saw one^_^ So even if I wouldnt hog the guacamole (because I dont like the stuff like you) I might push the plate further then you'd like me to (lol) I scream like the girl I am around flying bugs.
Well they have no bugs here :sorry:
Actually, sometimes we do have bugs lol.
But I hate bugs.. We can sit inside :thumbsup:

Gotta hit the sack sis, got the guys coming for this first roof in six hours from now. Wondering how the dogs will react with ten guys pounding in nails from overtop of them? Ought to be fun ^_^ I'll need to be taking a few aspirins by mid noon Im thinking.

Nite nite sis :groupray:
[/QUOTE]
Oh happy day LOL.

Upvote 0

Fireinfolding

Dec 17, 2006
The South
✟121,561.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
BTW, I use that amount of run on one rack, instead of two per the recipe. One is all my little weber accomodates.

Thanks bro. And I have a weber myself, I loved my last one, but this newer one (since I have gotten it) is annoying. They changed the grates material or something, and I dont like to cook on it. Steaks arent so so bad on it, everything else rips off or tears, its just awful, and dont matter if I clean it, or oil it (whatever). I just hate the thing ^_^ The ignition died the first year... last time I buy one of those then, might as well pay far less for such problems ^_^

Cant wait to try :thumbsup:

(And sun, the roofers canceled, for weather) so tommorrow now (no aspirins needed today) ^_^

Reactions: sunlover1
Upvote 0