The South
✟121,561.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Just wanted to say suncritter, it was "ok" (not bad) however I screwed up too, I made it in a shorter pan and had to cook it longer and it was more like a cake, so my fault really. But not bad sis. I'd still enjoy it though. Nothing beats that strawberry pretzel one you posted though. Hard to find an equal to that one (in the strawberry dept) sis.

Very eay though, I had it made before m husbands pizza come out of the oven:thumbsup:

Reactions: sunlover1
Upvote 0

sunlover1

Beloved, Let us love one another
Nov 10, 2006
Under the Shadow of the Almighty
✟94,511.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Just wanted to say suncritter, it was "ok" (not bad) however I screwed up too, I made it in a shorter pan and had to cook it longer and it was more like a cake, so my fault really. But not bad sis. I'd still enjoy it though. Nothing beats that strawberry pretzel one you posted though. Hard to find an equal to that one (in the strawberry dept) sis.

Very eay though, I had it made before m husbands pizza come out of the oven:thumbsup:
First day,, not bad.
Same here :thumbsup:
Let me know tomorrow night. :holy:

Upvote 0

sunlover1

Nov 10, 2006
✟94,511.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Did it taste even better today? :D
i have a turkey in the oven, so
my house smells a bit like heaven.
Mmm, love me some stuffing!

Come on over, there's a lot of food!

Reactions: Fireinfolding
Upvote 0

Fireinfolding

Dec 17, 2006
The South
✟121,561.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
i have a turkey in the oven, so
my house smells a bit like heaven.
Mmm, love me some stuffing!

Come on over, there's a lot of food!

No, I havent even went to touch it yet. I just finished my husbands hash browns and fried eggs. Its like the only time of the week I typically eat breakfast (when he cooks it) lol.

Oh Yeah... I'll be right over sis, let me jump into my private jet :p^_^

Upvote 0

Fireinfolding

Dec 17, 2006
The South
✟121,561.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Took a bite of it today and it was far worse, was that a trick question with a big smilie by it? ^_^

I did make that apple dish (yes, I caved and cored some apples) and even that was just okay too. I wouldnt make it again. Would be good heated up with ice cream, but it wasnt knock my socks off delicious (or anything).

Looked much better in the picture (but usually does) :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

Rick Otto

The Dude Abides
Nov 19, 2002
On The Prairie
✟29,593.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
OK,... I put a can of chickpeas (rinsed) & a half a lemon, & ,1/2 of a roasted red bell pepper half of a sweet onion, three big dollops of sour cream & 3 of real mayonnaise, & a spoonfull of paprika into one of those magic bullet choppers we bought off TV.
Hummus.

Reactions: Fireinfolding
Upvote 0

Fireinfolding

Dec 17, 2006
The South
✟121,561.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I gotta try that too Rick sounds good. :thumbsup:

Man I grabbed my paprika by accident thinking it was red pepper flakes, and knew it wasnt when it come out like talc powder but BUGS come out of it too, I was so grossed out. And this is twice with the paprika (and only paprika). So finally I did a google search and its apparently fairly common (with that spice). So I had started storing my new paprikas in the freezer (but I had obviously overlooked that one).

I had that happen once before though. When I wasnt paying attention, I was adding it to flour, and walked away and come back and looked and thought EW I have flour bugs and tossed one of those HUGE bags you get at Sams away. I thought, how could this be it was brand new? But it was never the flour I was sprinkling them onto the flour unknowingly (bleck!) And there werent just a few either, wish someone told me about that so I wouldnt have found out that way ^_^

Just makes me not want to use paprika ^_^

Upvote 0

sunlover1

Nov 10, 2006
✟94,511.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
No, I havent even went to touch it yet. I just finished my husbands hash browns and fried eggs. Its like the only time of the week I typically eat breakfast (when he cooks it) lol.

Oh Yeah... I'll be right over sis, let me jump into my private jet :p^_^
I'll send it in the mail lol.
The stuffing was da bomb.
Glad I made a ton of it.
But the gravy .. not so good.
Strange but not much drippings to
make a nice gravy with :(

Took a bite of it today and it was far worse, was that a trick question with a big smilie by it? ^_^
LOL
Mine was amazing the next day.
Couldn't keep out of it.
Hmmm, sorry to hear that.

I did make that apple dish (yes, I caved and cored some apples) and even that was just okay too. I wouldnt make it again. Would be good heated up with ice cream, but it wasnt knock my socks off delicious (or anything).

Looked much better in the picture (but usually does) :thumbsup:
Mmm, heated up with icecream does sound amazing.
maybe it needed more brown sugar and cinammon (my answer
for everything apple) lol
Did it have any pecans in it?
it has to be delicious .maybe tomorrow LOL

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Fireinfolding

Dec 17, 2006
The South
✟121,561.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes had ground pecans and brown sugar, it was just okay though. I measure time to taste, was it worth the time, nah... could have a substitute (faster one) that would have equalled the taste, that sorta thing. I put half of it in the freezer, left the other half out.

I love a moist stuffing sis,:thumbsup: just not ever crazy about gravy. Even when we had thanksgiving back home I'd pass on the gravy. Though I dont like turkey either (sorta an oddball) and would pass on that too. I would prefer chicken over turkey myself. My plate would consist of corn, mash potaties and stuffing (thats it). Maybe sweet potatoes (depending on who made them):p

Upvote 0

sunlover1

Nov 10, 2006
✟94,511.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Yes had ground pecans and brown sugar, it was just okay though. I measure time to taste, was it worth the time, nah... could have a substitute (faster one) that would have equalled the taste, that sorta thing. I put half of it in the freezer, left the other half out.
Did it grow on ya?
I'm still eating left over stuffing! lol

I love a moist stuffing sis,:thumbsup: just not ever crazy about gravy. Even when we had thanksgiving back home I'd pass on the gravy. Though I dont like turkey either (sorta an oddball) and would pass on that too. I would prefer chicken over turkey myself. My plate would consist of corn, mash potaties and stuffing (thats it). Maybe sweet potatoes (depending on who made them):p
Well maybe this will look good.. going to try it asap :) LMK if you want the recipe.

blackforesttruffletart42.jpg

Upvote 0

Fireinfolding

Dec 17, 2006
The South
✟121,561.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No mine didnt grow on me either. But on the one you posted, I might pass, chocolate and cherry topic arent on my delicious list ^_^ Separate yeah, together? No. Besides I had made that last cheesecake I posted earlier on and then the richness of the last one you did and I cant take rich right now ^_^

Lord willing I would like to make a second batch of that lasagna soup you posted this weekend, Im hooked on that one, that will be a regular in this house:thumbsup:

Upvote 0

sunlover1

Nov 10, 2006
✟94,511.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
No mine didnt grow on me either. But on the one you posted, I might pass, chocolate and cherry topic arent on my delicious list ^_^ Separate yeah, together? No. Besides I had made that last cheesecake I posted earlier on and then the richness of the last one you did and I cant take rich right now ^_^

Lord willing I would like to make a second batch of that lasagna soup you posted this weekend, Im hooked on that one, that will be a regular in this house:thumbsup:
Well I think I'm going to try it.. Oh I love cherry and choco.. hope I like
them together. Can't say I've had it before.

Yeah, that soup was addictive.
I still havent made the onion soup and I've been so
hungry for it!
Good thing we're not neighbors, you realize that? lol

Upvote 0

Fireinfolding

Dec 17, 2006
The South
✟121,561.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well I think I'm going to try it.. Oh I love cherry and choco.. hope I like
them together. Can't say I've had it before.

Yeah, that soup was addictive.
I still havent made the onion soup and I've been so
hungry for it!
Good thing we're not neighbors, you realize that? lol

Yeah I know it sis and I thank the good Lord for the great distance he put between us :p^_^

Let me know how it turns out, thursday I will look for something to try, not sure what yet, might try experimenting with hoagies, but Im sandwiched out so not sure yet.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

sunlover1

Nov 10, 2006
✟94,511.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Yeah I know it sis and I thank the good Lord for the great distance he put between us :p^_^
Well the good news is , well be neighbors for ... ever
Better start clipping recipes :p

Let me know how it turns out, thursday I will look for something to try, not sure what yet, might try experimenting with hoagies, but Im sandwiched out so not sure yet.
[/QUOTE]
If i see anything before that I'll send it your way.
Don't you make chili?
I make that usually once every couple weeks
and eat it for a few days. This cold has been
trying to get me since Sunday and I'm sniffling
but it better be gone when I wake up!
Sorry, ADD again lol
As long as I outed myself anyhow, right? :)

Upvote 0

Fireinfolding

Dec 17, 2006
The South
✟121,561.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well the good news is , well be neighbors for ... ever
Better start clipping recipes :p

If i see anything before that I'll send it your way.
Don't you make chili?
I make that usually once every couple weeks
and eat it for a few days. This cold has been
trying to get me since Sunday and I'm sniffling
but it better be gone when I wake up!
Sorry, ADD again lol
As long as I outed myself anyhow, right? :)

You know, I used to make chili (but like a low fat version of it) all the time in the days when I was bodybuilding but ate so much of it (way back then). I havent had the slightest inclination to want to touch the stuff. Its just not something I crave or anything. And granted, it was a low fat version but man... sometimes when you eat so much of one thing (for lack of options) you just dont want to see it again.

Besides my husband wont touch it cause it has beans (and you know him and veggies) its just not going to happen ^_^

He really is hard to find something to make for, he likes the weirdest stuff. I would be grossed out by bakery cookies with yellow icing and sprinkles (whereas he is like yum!) lol He likes whoopie pies and packaged stuffs. So I said, why not? Make him that, so I made him homemade whoopie pies, and he loved those. I wouldnt even lick my fingers when I was through with them, theres like a pound of shortening in those things (just nasty) ^_^

If I would make a list of my husbands favorite things to eat, it would be someone elses nightmare (like ew, how can someone prefer to actually eat that?!). His favorite thing mondays is (get this) ground meat with that powdered ajus (and water) together over a baked potato...Im always like... but why??? I could make you anything and you chose what I cant even stomach? ^_^

So I can never cook for him something I enjoy, because he likes very plain stuff (that make no sense) and its just thrown together. Like that boiled chicken and rice with barbeque sauce (Im like...???) ^_^ So its all lower in fat but I could make something a tad bit more exciting for ya dear (lol) but I guess not?

Im always embarrassed to say to others what I might be making for dinner (for my husband) I have to overexplain why it is Im making something so horrendous ^_^ But I am stuck into what he prefers (and they look at me like your kidding me right?) lol

Too funny, but simple is easy so I am not complaining just chucking at some of his preferences sometimes

Upvote 0

sunlover1

Nov 10, 2006
✟94,511.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
You know, I used to make chili (but like a low fat version of it) all the time in the days when I was bodybuilding but ate so much of it (way back then). I havent had the slightest inclination to want to touch the stuff. Its just not something I crave or anything. And granted, it was a low fat version but man... sometimes when you eat so much of one thing (for lack of options) you just dont want to see it again.
Sure, that makes sense. :thumbsup:
I'm a mex food NUT.. so it follows I'd love chili.

Besides my husband wont touch it cause it has beans (and you know him and veggies) its just not going to happen ^_^
I have a couple of friends in that same boat. Don't envy ya.

He really is hard to find something to make for, he likes the weirdest stuff. I would be grossed out by bakery cookies with yellow icing and sprinkles (whereas he is like yum!) lol He likes whoopie pies and packaged stuffs. So I said, why not? Make him that, so I made him homemade whoopie pies, and he loved those. I wouldnt even lick my fingers when I was through with them, theres like a pound of shortening in those things (just nasty) ^_^
Whoopie pie??? Hmm, google time lol.
If I would make a list of my husbands favorite things to eat, it would be someone elses nightmare (like ew, how can someone prefer to actually eat that?!). His favorite thing mondays is (get this) ground meat with that powdered ajus (and water) together over a baked potato...Im always like... but why??? I could make you anything and you chose what I cant even stomach? ^_^
LOL.. SIMILAR to a taco potato... (which is yum imo)
Does he like horseradish on it? That would be good :yum::p

So I can never cook for him something I enjoy, because he likes very plain stuff (that make no sense) and its just thrown together. Like that boiled chicken and rice with barbeque sauce (Im like...???) ^_^ So its all lower in fat but I could make something a tad bit more exciting for ya dear (lol) but I guess not?
eww.but sounds like guys for sure!

Im always embarrassed to say to others what I might be making for dinner (for my husband) I have to overexplain why it is Im making something so horrendous ^_^ But I am stuck into what he prefers (and they look at me like your kidding me right?) lol

Too funny, but simple is easy so I am not complaining just chucking at some of his preferences sometimes
Maybe his mamma was a bland cook :thumbsup:
Getting older, separate everything now anyhow right? LOL

Upvote 0

Fireinfolding

Dec 17, 2006
The South
✟121,561.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yeah, they were poorer too, spaghetti and canned sauce, like two discernable things before them. He is still like that. This is "this" and "that" is "that" if more stuff is in it he'll just go, Ew what IS "that" in there? ^_^

Must you know every detail of whatever is in there? :doh:

Like whoopie pies, the brown is the cookie, and the white is the filling (and nothing undiscernable is in there) lol

I make these ones for him, makes like 30 big whoopie pies

726366.jpg

From this recipe

Whoopie Pies VIII Recipe - Allrecipes.com

Posting it just for giggles though, just check out how much shortening is in them, can you imagine? ^_^

Thats a heart attack waiting to happen (I cant in good conscience continue making these things) lol

Upvote 0

Fireinfolding

Dec 17, 2006
The South
✟121,561.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married