Maren

Veteran
Oct 20, 2007
✟57,368.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
"Tell her to come over, we'll put her in her place.
Then she realizes the plans of the others, she trys to warn the girl. "
Not saying this is what happened, but she could be a gullible bystander, thinking they would verbally attack her.

I can't say what happened. It could be her "warning" was fabricated to get her off the hook. It could be that the victim mentioned something to her, like what a good friend she was, that made her feel guilty and try to warn the victim. Though, as was pointed out on the Today Show, at no time during the 30 minutes of beatings, including after the victim had been beaten unconscious, did the girl ever try to call the police or get help even though she was in the house the entire time. And, from what I've read, she turned over the tape only after the police became involved.

I trust (or at least hope) the truth comes out at trial but most of the evidence does not appear to be on her side.

Upvote 0

ShieldOFaith

Aug 18, 2007
✟3,544.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Reactions: MsAnne
Upvote 0

salida

Veteran
Jun 14, 2006
✟6,243.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I was forced to see this as I was waiting at the hospital. I don't care if she did "trash talk". Beating someone up like is NO excuse! They are criminals and I hope they are tried like adult ones. The person who did the trash talk - learned their lesson I'm sure since they were almost beat to death.

I was stunned to hear that this is a trend on the news. What a bunch of nuts. Does a teenager have to bring a tazer now to school? If these teenagers had any intellect, they would befriend her if she defamed their character and not go to jail like nuts.

Upvote 0

Ave Maria

Ave Maria Gratia Plena
May 31, 2004
Diocese of Evansville, IN
✟108,261.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I hope the cheer leader loses her position as a cheer leader and that the other girls get punished as well. In fact, I'd say that some time in juvenile hall or jail would serve them right. Bullying is absolutely intolerable! I was bullied during school and believe me, it has bad effects on you.

Upvote 0

Lynden1000

Senior Veteran
Nov 6, 2005
Orlando, Florida
✟3,628.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
This goes way beyond bullying. Beating someone unconscious is felonious assault, pure and simple, and should be punished as such. I'd throw these girls in prison for a long time. They're clearly a threat to civilized society.

Upvote 0