✟12,597.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
http://www.wltx.com/news/story.aspx?storyid=60657&provider=top

Lakeland, Florida (WTSP) – Lakeland, Florida - The Polk County Sheriff's office released the video of a teenage girl who, as Sheriff Grady Judd puts it, was "lured so her friends could beat her."

The video shows what Judd says is the second of five beatings the 16-year-old received from people she knew. The attackers say they were upset with so-called "trash talk" the victim posted on her MySpace page, and they say they wanted to post their own video of the beating on MySpace and YouTube.

Idiots. And one of the idiot's mother was on the Today show defending her daughter.......adult idiot.

Billnew

Legend
Apr 23, 2004
Ohio
Visit site
✟35,363.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
At least they have evidence to the crime, and will be able to show how they laughed and had fun while beating her.
I have never had enough emotion to fight with someone more then I had too.
They beat her uncontious, then waited until she woke up and did it again.
Read the story, didn't watch the video.

Upvote 0

IisJustMe

He rescued me because He delighted in me (Ps18:19)
Jun 23, 2006
Blue Springs, Missouri
✟23,494.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
And one of the idiot's mother was on the Today show defending her daughter.......adult idiot.
One more reason not to watch NBC News. How do you defend assault and battery, kidnapping, false imprisonment and felony conspiracy all caught on tape?

Reactions: MsAnne
Upvote 0

praying

Snazzy Title Goes Here
Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2004
New Jersey
✟86,040.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
One more reason not to watch NBC News. How do you defend assault and battery, kidnapping, false imprisonment and felony conspiracy all caught on tape?

The news didn't defend anything the mother did, in fact Matt Lauer pretty much stated to her what you just did.

Upvote 0

ladyt28

God's Grace Fills My Life
Jun 12, 2007
Michigan
✟37,455.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
It's idiot parents like that who help to create monsters. To me, this is as abusive as a parent who berates a child - babies don't come into this world being hateful monsters - they are taught that it's ok by parents who not only look the other way but actually defend the behavior. The mother who appeared on that show should have her children taken from her.

Upvote 0

Maren

Veteran
Oct 20, 2007
✟57,368.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private

The mother claims that her daughter warned the victim before she entered the house and that her daughter is the one that gave the videotape to the police, though it should be noted that it is her daughter that police claim lured the victim to the house. I found a summary of what was said on the Today Show, it also has a link to the video. It was interesting to watch, and as others have said, Matt Lauer actually was pretty hard on the mother.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

TexasSky

Senior Veteran
Mar 6, 2006
Texas
✟12,139.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
The news didn't defend anything the mother did, in fact Matt Lauer pretty much stated to her what you just did.
I think he was saying "the mother" ... not "the news".
I saw the show he was talking about, and the mother of one of the kids who video taped the attack, and who actually owned the house this happened in, did try to defend her daughter.

Which explains why her daughter is being charged as an adult for felony assault and felony kidnapping today. (At least that is what the sheriff is asking the people to charge them with.)

Upvote 0

Maren

Veteran
Oct 20, 2007
✟57,368.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
I think he was saying "the mother" ... not "the news".
I saw the show he was talking about, and the mother of one of the kids who video taped the attack, and who actually owned the house this happened in, did try to defend her daughter.

Which explains why her daughter is being charged as an adult for felony assault and felony kidnapping today. (At least that is what the sheriff is asking the people to charge them with.)

Actually, the mother doesn't own the house, it is her mother's house. Initial reports claim it is the grandmother that has custody of the daughter and not the mother, though on the Today Show the mother disputed that. The daughter lives at the grandmother's house and, though not stated, it appears the mother lives there as well.

Upvote 0

ArnautDaniel

Veteran
Aug 28, 2006
The Village
✟22,153.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

Billnew

Legend
Apr 23, 2004
Ohio
Visit site
✟35,363.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
The mother claims that her daughter warned the victim before she entered the house and that her daughter is the one that gave the videotape to the police, though it should be noted that it is her daughter that police claim lured the victim to the house. I found a summary of what was said on the Today Show, it also has a link to the video. It was interesting to watch, and as others have said, Matt Lauer actually was pretty hard on the mother.

"Tell her to come over, we'll put her in her place.
Then she realizes the plans of the others, she trys to warn the girl. "
Not saying this is what happened, but she could be a gullible bystander, thinking they would verbally attack her.

Upvote 0

TexasSky

Senior Veteran
Mar 6, 2006
Texas
✟12,139.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Actually, the mother doesn't own the house, it is her mother's house. Initial reports claim it is the grandmother that has custody of the daughter and not the mother, though on the Today Show the mother disputed that. The daughter lives at the grandmother's house and, though not stated, it appears the mother lives there as well.
Ah,

Thank you for the correction.

Upvote 0