Check your hatred at the door before posting here.........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hentenza

I will fear no evil for You are with me
Mar 27, 2007
On the bus to Heaven
✟60,078.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hey guys,

There is a lot of hatred that some folks bring with them to this forum. Frankly, that is not the ways of Christ. Honest debate, vigorous debate, etc, is welcomed but simply attacking others is not and will not be tolerated. The Soteriology forum, and CF by extension, does not endorse or promote any one Soteriology view so consequently posters that digress to attacks will be reported, actioned, and in some instances banned from this forum and/or CF.

I am expecting that everyone here will post consistent with CF's posting rules.

If anyone wants vent (within the posting rules) you are welcomed to do so here. I also encourage positive ideas.

Blessings!!!!

nobdysfool

The original! Accept no substitutes!
Feb 23, 2003
Home, except when I'm not....
✟21,146.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Hey guys,

There is a lot of hatred that some folks bring with them to this forum. Frankly, that is not the ways of Christ. Honest debate, vigorous debate, etc, is welcomed but simply attacking others is not and will not be tolerated. The Soteriology forum, and CF by extension, does not endorse or promote any one Soteriology view so consequently posters that digress to attacks will be reported, actioned, and in some instances banned from this forum and/or CF.

If anyone wants vent (within the posting rules) you are welcomed to do so here. I also encourage positive ideas.

Blessings!!!!

I agree. there is a manifest hatred for Calvinism that is being brought in by some, where they attempt to impune the character of Calvinists by claiming that they engage in willful twisting of scriptures, less than honest tactics, etc. There is only one word for such accusations: hatred. It has no place here. We are all Christians, for crying out loud! Such hatred should not be named among Christians, EVER! I, as a Calvinist, do not hate anyone here, or want to defeat anyone. As I said in a post, this is not a "last man standing" forum. It is not a "duel to the death" forum, and if someone does get banned, that doesn't mean that their view has been defeated, it only means that they chose the wrong way to defend it, and let it get personal.

There is simply going to have to be an understanding that we may not agree on doctrinal points, but no one can claim the high ground and act as though they are better, or more correct than anyone else. There needs to be respect shown to those with whom we disagree, no matter how wrong we may personally think they are. We Calvinists have good, solid reasons for believing as we do. We realize that others have the same for their views. Turning it into an all out war is counter-productive, and will result in the actions detailed in the previous post. I, for one, have no desire to be banned. I will state my beliefs and defend them, but I will do my best to keep it from being personal, and attacking the integrity and character of others. All of us Calvinists ask for the same in return.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

cygnusx1

Jacob the twister.....
Apr 12, 2004
UK Northampton
Visit site
✟79,726.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
James 3

[13] Who is a wise man and endued with knowledge among you? let him shew out of a good conversation his works with meekness of wisdom.
[14] But if ye have bitter envying and strife in your hearts, glory not, and lie not against the truth.
[15] This wisdom descendeth not from above, but is earthly, sensual, devilish.
[16] For where envying and strife is, there is confusion and every evil work.
[17] But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, and easy to be intreated, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality, and without hypocrisy.

Upvote 0

nobdysfool

The original! Accept no substitutes!
Feb 23, 2003
Home, except when I'm not....
✟21,146.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
I wonder who has actually read this sticky thread? There has been an explosion of violations over the past few days, mostly aimed at Calvinists, in spite of the warnings and hard line the staff is taking. I have felt the sting of warning and infraction myself, so I am learning how to post within the rules, and making a concerted effort to do so. I admit I'm not perfect at it, and I may have crossed the line a time or two recently, some of which I have gone back and reworded. If i could, I would go back and reword more, but the threads have been closed, so I'm stuck with what I said.

There is simply no good excuse for bashing a group of Christians, no matter what their theology. Disagreements can be dealt with, without resorting to character attacks, accusations of "another gospel", and accusations of being a part of "babylon". accusations of being false Christians, etc. We are all supposed to be Christians here, and as brethren, we are to love one another, show respect even when we disagree, and entreat each other in love, and exhort and encourage each other to Christ-like behavior, and attitudes. That is not done with insults, answers in anger, and trying to marginalize those with whom disagreements exist.

C'mon, people, no one here is perfect, no one here has all the truth, no one here is authorized to "set everyone else straight", or to verbally chastise anyone else, for supposed doctrinal error. We should all feel free to express what we believe, and respect those who may disagree. Doctrinal agreement is not mandatory here, nor can it be mandated.

I know this, I will be posting less and reporting more if this kind of unChristian behavior keeps happening. I have no choice but to do so.

Reactions: Tangible
Upvote 0

JamesAH

Aug 21, 2008
✟2,966.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I wonder who has actually read this sticky thread? There has been an explosion of violations over the past few days, mostly aimed at Calvinists, in spite of the warnings and hard line the staff is taking. I have felt the sting of warning and infraction myself, so I am learning how to post within the rules, and making a concerted effort to do so. I admit I'm not perfect at it, and I may have crossed the line a time or two recently, some of which I have gone back and reworded. If i could, I would go back and reword more, but the threads have been closed, so I'm stuck with what I said.

There is simply no good excuse for bashing a group of Christians, no matter what their theology. Disagreements can be dealt with, without resorting to character attacks, accusations of "another gospel", and accusations of being a part of "babylon". accusations of being false Christians, etc. We are all supposed to be Christians here, and as brethren, we are to love one another, show respect even when we disagree, and entreat each other in love, and exhort and encourage each other to Christ-like behavior, and attitudes. That is not done with insults, answers in anger, and trying to marginalize those with whom disagreements exist.

C'mon, people, no one here is perfect, no one here has all the truth, no one here is authorized to "set everyone else straight", or to verbally chastise anyone else, for supposed doctrinal error. We should all feel free to express what we believe, and respect those who may disagree. Doctrinal agreement is not mandatory here, nor can it be mandated.

I know this, I will be posting less and reporting more if this kind of unChristian behavior keeps happening. I have no choice but to do so.

:amen::amen:

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Hey guys,

Blessings!!!!

Thank you soooooooooooooo much!

God bless you.

Upvote 0

Tangible

Decision Theology = Ex Opere Operato
May 29, 2009
cruce tectum
Visit site
✟59,743.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married

QFT :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
i'm not sure this is the right forum...

do the Christians posting here believe the Word of God, the Bible is inerrant and literal?

I do.

I'm trying to find a forum where this is believed.

Thanks for any feedback.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

cygnusx1

Jacob the twister.....
Apr 12, 2004
UK Northampton
Visit site
✟79,726.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married

do the Christians posting here believe the Word of God, the Bible is inerrant and literal?

I do.

Thanks for any feedback.

as far as I know all Calvinists (or Reformed) do , Pentecostals usually do , as for the rest it seems pretty open , btw , hi brinny , you will soon find out who does and who doesn't believe in verbal inspiration , the scriptures testify that they cannot be broken , but some on this forum select bits of scripture (to help give their views some ethos) and then turn around and say "don't bother quoting scripture to counter my argument , because I will just say they got it wrong" ! in a word that is obviously hypocrisy which we are warned about in James 3 .

have a good day sister :)

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
LLOJ checks in his weapon at da door before entering :)

781914607_81aae12ff9.jpg

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Tangible

Decision Theology = Ex Opere Operato
May 29, 2009
cruce tectum
Visit site
✟59,743.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Me too. :)

(With the understanding that I take literal what was meant to be literal, and I take as non-literal truth what was meant to be non-literal truth, i.e. parables, figurative language, apocalyptic passages.)

Upvote 0

student ad x

Senior Contributor
Feb 20, 2009
just outside the forrest
✟29,077.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I do.
Thanks for any feedback.

I do too. :thumbsup:

Me too. :)

(With the understanding that I take literal what was meant to be literal, and I take as non-literal truth what was meant to be non-literal truth, i.e. parables, figurative language, apocalyptic passages.)

smiley_emoticons_nicken.gif
YEP

Upvote 0

sungaunga

Jul 10, 2009
✟27,471.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

I do.

Contrary to what some say here in this forum and in the world, Scripture plainly says it is the Word of God... straight out of the mouth of God, so I do too! ^_^

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.