United States
✟287,998.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
The latest scandal involving celebrities and children getting into top notch colleges a bit upsetting? What do you think should be done? The government start free colleges or should religious organizations take charge?

I think colleges should stop catering to rich people. They definitely do this and even the small university I attended catered to the rich and there was all sorts of corrupt dealings going on and every student knew about it. The only time we got to address it as a student body was during this "Pizza with the President" even that was held every quarter where students got free pizza and were able to ask the President of the University questions. Of course, when asked hard questions or confronted with corruption, the President always declined to answer or talked around the issue.

I also think that the wealthy need to be held accountable. I don't say this out of bitterness for being poor. But there is an absurd amount of corruption, cheating, and breaking the law among the rich but they are not held accountable or even punished for it most of the time. They get away with it because they are rich and money can buy their safety and their freedom from consequences. This needs to change.

Upvote 0

seekingmuch

Mar 14, 2018
PANAMA CITY
✟42,375.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Yeah, and look who was doing all the cheating to get their moron kids into elite colleges?

Limousine Liberals like Felicity Huffman and Lori Loughlin that preach honesty, integrity and equal justice for all, except white men and Christians. Discriminate against those people at every opportunity.

Lori went on the Today show and cried at how hard it was to get her daughter into college with the tough admissions. LOL I bet it was real hard to cut that $500,000 check to Singer to get her daughters into USC. LOL

What a bunch of hypocrites they really are.

I hope they all go to jail and do some real time. The IRS hasn't chimed in yet so it's going to happen. Those hypocrites deducted those bribes as charity donations on their tax returns. That's a big no-no. Uncle Sam is going to want his money.

You can cheat the government, but don't ever cheat the taxman. The latter doesn't care who he sends to prison.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟367,803.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
The latest scandal involving celebrities and children getting into top notch colleges a bit upsetting?

I went to one of those colleges. Being from a working-class family, I experienced culture shock early on. But even I noticed that the kids who got preferential treatment because of wealth or family ties, were marked people. It wasn't what they wanted, I think, as much as it was Mommy's and Daddy's egos being stroked.

What do you think should be done?

When it bleeds over to criminal behavior, long prison terms sound right to me. But to eliminate the less criminal forms of favoritism would probably do more damage to freedom than it would help make things fair. Pretty much like the rest of society. It's not fair; if Daddy has enough money, one can get "bone spurs" when needed.

The accelerating cost of college needs to be addressed somehow; it's further locking people into the class of their parents, and that is always destructive to society.

Upvote 0