Netherlands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
EOL05sEW4AEvyvY.jpg

Upvote 0

thecolorsblend

If God is your Father, who is your Mother?
Site Supporter
Jul 1, 2013
Gotham City, New Jersey
✟308,231.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I haven't figured out why this is a big deal or why anybody cares.

I hate Seinfeld (the show) but Jerry Seinfeld has a good point here:

The whole thing is just idiotic, imo.

Upvote 0

Ricky M

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2017
Los Angeles
✟130,544.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Professional sports is a billion dollar business. Some think that's a big deal. But the point was, it's more evidence of the further decline in morals and right vs wrong.

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

There are hundreds of millions of dollars won and lost based on the outcomes of these games. imagine the feelings of one who lost 1million on the game because the astros won just to find out now that they cheated....that is if we can feel compassion for those we believe to be in sin.

Upvote 0

thecolorsblend

Site Supporter
Jul 1, 2013
Gotham City, New Jersey
✟308,231.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
There are hundreds of millions of dollars won and lost based on the outcomes of these games. imagine the feelings of one who lost 1million on the game because the astros won just to find out now that they cheated....that is if we can feel compassion for those we believe to be in sin.
Betting? Is that what you're concerned about?

Gosh darn golly, I never thought of it that way before and now I'm mad that people can't do virtuous, wholesome things like gamble.

And lol, you're deebly goncerned about sin, it's too much...

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟950,425.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
I don’t believe the outcomes are always genuine. I’ve followed several sports in the past and there were instances when I felt bias impacted the result. I stopped watching judged events for that reason.

There was a problem at The Derby last year. The winner was overturned. There’s a lot of money at stake. You never know. I’m not a gambler. If I was I’d raise thoroughbreds. They earn their keep in the long run.

~Bella

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Betting? Is that what you're concerned about?

Gosh darn golly, I never thought of it that way before and now I'm mad that people can't do virtuous, wholesome things like gamble.

And lol, you're deebly goncerned about sin, it's too much...
This is why I added, If we can be concerned about those we deem not as holy as ourselves.

I can understand if you arent able to have compassion for people who do not share your moral views....and for you, this topic should be of no concern.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

thecolorsblend

Site Supporter
Jul 1, 2013
Gotham City, New Jersey
✟308,231.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
This is why I added, If we can be concerned about those we deem not as holy as ourselves.

I can understand if you arent able to have compassion for people who do not share your moral views....and for you, this topic should be of no concern.
Translation- Get out.

And no, I don't think I'll be doing that. I don't see how this rises to the level of cheating. And if it does, it seems to only affect people with frivolous priorities and millions of dollars to lose anyway. A lot of athletic "competitions" are outright rigged anyway.

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟950,425.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
I think a spectator’s perspective is very different from athletes, owners and sponsors. They’re privy to machinations behind the scenes we’re not aware of.

Keep in mind, sports are a form of entertainment. We assume the results are legitimate. But scandal has proven to wield greater engagement than honesty in our culture.

Their reluctance to reward the championship to the Dodgers is telling. The findings will have little impact on ticket sales, subscriptions, viewership, or merchandise. And that’s the bottom line.

~Bella

Reactions: Ricky M
Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Translation- Get out.

And no, I don't think I'll be doing that. I don't see how this rises to the level of cheating. And if it does, it seems to only affect people with frivolous priorities and millions of dollars to lose anyway. A lot of athletic "competitions" are outright rigged anyway.
I would rather you get in, not out.

And yes, the stealing of signs with the eyes and relaying messages to the batter, i have no problem with......but when you start to install cameras and gadgets to zoom in and steal signs better than the eye can......I think an important line is crossed.

There is mention that some of the managers who went down for this, switched teams and was able to win it all with multiple teams using these methods.

I think it is an unfair advantage.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Dynadin

Mar 11, 2018
Tifton
✟128,230.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I'm a big fan of baseball and have been since I was a kid. It's always been 'my' sport. This cheating business (and the steroid business in the 90's) has really taken from my enjoyment of the game. I still enjoy playing softball in the local rec leagues and coaching little league. I wonder if the kids who play and look up to the pros will take the message from it that its okay to cheat as long as you don't caught, and even if you are caught, all you have to do is take the slap on the wrist and move on. The fact that the cheating directly led to the Astros winning the World Series and nearly repeating this year makes it even worse. I think if MLB was serious about defending the 'integrity' of the game, they would have stripped the team of the championship, suspended most (if not all) of the players and coaches involved, even if they were merely aware of the cheating and not directly involved, and fined them much more than the reported five million dollars.

Reactions: Ricky M
Upvote 0

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,205,762.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Shows how much people engage in "sports obsession" to be honest.

The fact that people get outraged over the outcome of a game (which, frankly, has zero impact on our day-to-day lives) when there are much more pressing issues that do impact us, shows a skewing of priorities among our citizens.

Upvote 0

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,205,762.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
This cheating business (and the steroid business in the 90's) has really taken from my enjoyment of the game.

I'm convinced that most professional athletes are getting some "chemical assistance" to play they way they do.

At the end of the day, it's a game that really has no impact on my day to day life.

The "steroid scandal" was kind of joke.

It was classified as "these select few people are cheating", but in reality, most of them were doing it, the only people who were labelled as "cheaters" were the few who got caught. Drug testing (with the way it's currently carried out) is a joke in professional sports.

I'd encourage anyone to watch the documentary "Bigger, Stronger, Faster". They interview the guy who was in charge of anti-doping for the Olympics (that are supposed to have some of the most rigorous standards in that regard) and he flat out admits that they're told to squash the results of certain tests if the end result is going to hurt the bottom line.

Upvote 0

Ricky M

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2017
Los Angeles
✟130,544.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Translation- Get out.

All this aside, what's really bugging you? You show all the fray marks of one who's been down a rough road.

Upvote 0

Ricky M

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2017
Los Angeles
✟130,544.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Shows how much people engage in "sports obsession" to be honest.

The fact that people get outraged over the outcome of a game (which, frankly, has zero impact on our day-to-day lives) when there are much more pressing issues that do impact us, shows a skewing of priorities among our citizens.
BUT THIS IS THE ISSUE.

The issue is, how easy and prevalent lying, cheating, whoring, deceiving, malfeasance, immorality, etcetera etcetera etcetera have become in ALL parts of our world. We do it to win games. We do it to make money. We do it to get elected. We do it for kicks. We do it because everyone else is. We do it because far too many just don't care enough any more to stop it. Can't see it from my house so what does it matter to me?

Silence in the face of evil is itself evil: God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act.

You may not like baseball, you may not care about baseball at all. BUT YOU BETTER START CARING ABOUT CHEATING IN BASEBALL - and everywhere else.

Because I may not care about something that's important to you. And that doesn't mean I should stop caring about who's cheating you.

Upvote 0