• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Cheating in College

Kris855

Aug 19, 2019
Tartumaa
✟16,259.00
Country
Estonia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Is there anyone who struggles with past sins. When i was in college i sometimes cheated in tests and i feel so guilty and terrified. Back then I never thought i did something wrong. Now i work at the field for 8 years and i wonder if i should even keep my diplomas. I also have OCD. So maybe I am obsessing. It is really tormenting.

A. Sinner

Aug 18, 2019
Yukon
✟1,458.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Welcome to Christ consciousness, my good person.

Confess, repent, beg for forgiveness and you will be forgiven. Then don’t sin again!

Pro tip: you will sin again either voluntarily or involuntarily so rinse and repeat the above salvation technique forever and ever. Amen.

In Christ,

A. Sinner

Reactions: somuchjoy
Upvote 0

rockytopva

Love to pray! :)
Site Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,062,417.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Is there anyone who struggles with past sins. When i was in college i sometimes cheated in tests and i feel so guilty and terrified. Back then I never thought i did something wrong. Now i work at the field for 8 years and i wonder if i should even keep my diplomas. I also have OCD. So maybe I am obsessing. It is really tormenting.
Here Is the deal... Forgive others and God will forgive you...

Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them. And when ye stand praying, forgive, if ye have ought against any: that your Father also which is in heaven may forgive you your trespasses. - Mark 11:24-25

Upvote 0

Mari17

Jun 17, 2017
Newport
✟142,902.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Just out of curiosity, what do you think? Do you think you should give back your diplomas?

Upvote 0

Mari17

Jun 17, 2017
Newport
✟142,902.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I don`t know. I never had feeing back then that i am sinning. I did what everybody else were doing around me. I need to know what the Lord thinks.
I mean, you can't know for sure what the Lord thinks, which might be where your OCD comes into play (wanting you to be certain). In my opinion, cheating is wrong. But although I can't say for sure what you should do, I think it is typical of OCD to want to go backwards and "fix" something even when it's impractical to do so. I think my advice would be to move on. Maybe bring your uncertainty to God and ask Him to show you how to deal with it in a calm, natural way, and only do something if you feel confident and good about it, not from an obsessive, oppressed motivation.

Upvote 0