Korea
✟14,579.00
Country
Korea, Republic Of
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
I cheat in my university. I cheat in my studies. There are areas in my university that I do not cheat too. I am feeling guilty. I tell myself no condemnation but I tend to feel condemned. A strong voice inside me just says move on. What should Christians who cheat in his or here studies do? What should Christians who cheat in university do? How to deal with the consequences of sins such as cheating? Is it okay to just move on?

Share with me if you are from a mega church or not. Share with me whether you are a Christian. Share what is your Christian denomination too! Grateful!

Jul 14, 2021
Portsmouth
✟355.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I cheat in my university. I cheat in my studies. There are areas in my university that I do not cheat too. I am feeling guilty. I tell myself no condemnation but I tend to feel condemned. A strong voice inside me just says move on. What should Christians who cheat in his or here studies do? What should Christians who cheat in university do? How to deal with the consequences of sins such as cheating? Is it okay to just move on?

Share with me if you are from a mega church or not. Share with me whether you are a Christian. Share what is your Christian denomination too! Grateful!

Jesus would say, at the end of the day, it is what it is.

Upvote 0

dzheremi

Coptic Orthodox non-Egyptian
Aug 27, 2014
✟426,176.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
It is a cliché, yet true in a sense that you are only cheating yourself. Consider the purpose of college (something like gaining knowledge and challenging your own sense of what you think you know or have learned) -- is it actually helped or furthered by cheating? I would say no. The man or woman who cheats on an exam, for instance, may get a passing grade for that particular exam (assuming they are not caught and punished, which is a big assumption), but they haven't therefore learned the material. And what then will they do when they are out of college, and the 'tests' of what knowledge they have attained come in the form of job requirements and tasks. Will they then also 'cheat' at those? Depending on what your specialization is, it could have very bad consequences. I don't think any of us would want to go to a medical doctor, for instance, who has cheated their way through their studies to obtain that position.

Stop cheating yourself out of an education. Stop cheating yourself out of the means to gain actual knowledge and experience instead of just grades or credits. Start taking your education seriously. If you cannot do that, why are you even in university in the first place? You do not want to live as an ashamed fraud for the rest of your life, carrying the unnecessary burden of knowing that you have not truly earned your place. There's no honor in that.

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,224,091.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity

You obviously feel the need to confess and receive absolution for your sins. But doing so several times in these forums is not working for you. There is no priest here to say to you that you are absolved of your sins. But you keep trying and sadly you know that you have so far failed in your confessions to be forgiven. How are you going to get to where you need to go? You have tried the same thing here multiple times.

You need to turn yourself in to university authorities. I think you know that. Face the music. And find a priest to confess your sins to. But unless you are Catholic you don't have that option.

I am not from a megachurch. I am a Christian. I am a Catholic.

Upvote 0

Yjyj

Jul 11, 2021
Korea
✟14,579.00
Country
Korea, Republic Of
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
It is a cliché, yet true in a sense that you are only cheating yourself. Consider the purpose of college (something like gaining knowledge and challenging your own sense of what you think you know or have learned) -- is it actually helped or furthered by cheating? I would say no. The man or woman who cheats on an exam, for instance, may get a passing grade for that particular exam (assuming they are not caught and punished, which is a big assumption), but they haven't therefore learned the material. And what then will they do when they are out of college, and the 'tests' of what knowledge they have attained come in the form of job requirements and tasks. Will they then also 'cheat' at those? Depending on what your specialization is, it could have very bad consequences. I don't think any of us would want to go to a medical doctor, for instance, who has cheated their way through their studies to obtain that position.

Stop cheating yourself out of an education. Stop cheating yourself out of the means to gain actual knowledge and experience instead of just grades or credits. Start taking your education seriously. If you cannot do that, why are you even in university in the first place? You do not want to live as an ashamed fraud for the rest of your life, carrying the unnecessary burden of knowing that you have not truly earned your place. There's no honor in that.

I feel like I am very evil.

Upvote 0

Yjyj

Jul 11, 2021
Korea
✟14,579.00
Country
Korea, Republic Of
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
You obviously feel the need to confess and receive absolution for your sins. But doing so several times in these forums is not working for you. There is no priest here to say to you that you are absolved of your sins. But you keep trying and sadly you know that you have so far failed in your confessions to be forgiven. How are you going to get to where you need to go? You have tried the same thing here multiple times.

You need to turn yourself in to university authorities. I think you know that. Face the music. And find a priest to confess your sins to. But unless you are Catholic you don't have that option.

I am not from a megachurch. I am a Christian. I am a Catholic.

I understand. I cannot help thinking I am evil.

Upvote 0

dzheremi

Coptic Orthodox non-Egyptian
Aug 27, 2014
✟426,176.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
I feel like I am very evil.

Perhaps you feel evil, or ashamed, or any other way. These could all be very understandable ways to feel in this situation, and I am not here to judge your feelings either way.

There is a famous quote by the 4th-5th century bishop St. John Chrysostom that could apply here. In his council to those who have sinned and are in need for the medicine of forgiveness, he said "Do you not be ashamed when you have sinned and need to repent; be ashamed if you sin and do not repent." The point is that you seem to recognize that you have sinned by cheating. This is a good thing, and I think it points to you not being evil at all, even though you may feel that way because you feel bad about yourself and what you have done (which is again completely understandable; I hope you do not feel isolated or like you are the only person who ever sins and needs to repent). But the story does not need to end there! You can return to God in repentance and sincere supplication, and receive from God the strength to truly change your ways. I know this is possible because even though I myself also struggle in this (it is the struggle of all men and women), I know that we all have the examples of the many, many saints who have pleased the Lord since the beginning, who are our mothers and fathers in the faith and show us that it is indeed possible to be triumphant over sin and death -- not of course because anything they have done as though they have reason to boast, but because of what Christ has done for all of us by His holy sacrifice upon the cross and glorious resurrection from the dead, by which He has freed us from the bondage of sin and death.

So we needn't struggle alone. Our Redeemer knows our struggles, and wants to give us the strength we do not have of ourselves (that only HE has). Here is a sermon about this by HH Pope Shenouda III of the Coptic Orthodox Church (this is the national Church of Egypt to which I belong, which was established in that country in the first century of our Lord on the preaching of the holy St. Mark), which has helped me greatly when I have felt as you are feeling due to my many, many horrible and grievous sins (Lord have mercy on us both, and everyone). It is in Arabic, since Egypt is an Arabic-speaking country, but hopefully you will grasp the meaning through the English subtitles. It is called "Return to God", and is on the importance of repentance and prayer.

Lord have mercy! May we always reach out for help from the great and powerful Lord and God we are to serve, Who wants to give to us all that we lack. And God be with us all.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

splish- splash

Team- Early Interventions
Dec 2, 2019
✟225,561.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I think you'd have to deal with the reason behind the cheating, inorder to stop. God also blesses us in our academic studies but here is how I believe it works, one should be hands on with their school work, attend classes religiously, even if they feel they're extremely intelligent & don't have to always attend classes, like certain students I have met.

Cut down on the social life as you can always catch up with friends whenever you break off from school, have set times when you see to any outstanding school work and always study & do some revision before an exam, work on assignments early to avoid doing them at the last minute, as this can reduce one's chances of getting high grades, identify your weak areas and find other people that you can study & work with, who are stronger in those areas, there will always be areas that you are also stronger in and you can help them too. God's Grace will always be sufficient for us during that time, all the way through until we reach the finish line. & that is how God blesses us. He Grants us peace & endurance during the entire storm.

Some people fail simply because they are playful while others fail because they have deeper underlying issues. Where you need God's touch, He will surely touch you but where you do not, then you will have to pull up your socks, as you will never get answers from heaven on a silver plata, that's for sure.

• Agree
Reactions: bèlla
Upvote 0

Daniel Marsh

Jun 28, 2015
Livingston County, MI, US
✟199,349.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

The bad habit of cheating in college will set you back in life.
If a boss finds you cheating it may lose your job.

Upvote 0

1watchman

Overseer
Supporter
Oct 9, 2010
Washington State
✟358,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Cheating anyplace or anytime is wrong (as you probably know), YjYj; but you need to stop and should ask God to forgive you. Be SURE you also know God; and that comes from being "saved" as God tells us in the Bible at John 3 and John 14 in the Gospel books there ---please read it.
If one is caught cheating they must pay the consequences of it --whatever that is; but God can forgive one who confesses the sin and failure, if one TRULY knows and trusts God. The way to know God is RECEIVING His "..beloved Son": the Lord Jesus into one's heart as their Savior and Lord of their life in private prayer. You can write me personally at Conversation page if you wish to talk further on this. -1watchman

Upvote 0

rayraysh

Mar 21, 2020
London
✟14,694.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I literally don't think I can cheat in my classes since I'm an education student. Btw do you consider using services like https://writinguniverse.com/free-essay-examples/literature/ a cheating? We don't get tests, we just write a lot a essays that have no right or wrong answers and get graded on participation and professionalism.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums