Mar 15, 2017
Dothan, Alabama
Visit site
✟16,704.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm currently single, and am keeping my eyes out for "the one".

I know God has his hand on my life, and I'm very comfortable with where I am at socially and spiritually.

But, there is something about the thrill of a chase that I can't get enough of! I really like talking to girls. If I see someone I like, I try to make it my goal to say hi or talk to them.

At the same time, a wiser self on the inside tells me to wait and that God will bring me the woman I'm supposed to marry when the time is right.

I know the Bible doesn't say there is anything wrong with speaking to a woman in the hopes of dating and marriage, but I want the opinions of my fellow brothers and sisters in Christ.

What say you?

SnowyMacie

Apr 12, 2011
North Texas
✟118,149.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
In Relationship
If spend all of your time waiting on that one perfect woman to fall into your lap, or God to bring her into your life, you'll miss out. Too often that waiting, instead of seeking out and having healthy patience, becomes the mentality of "what if there's someone better". If you spend your time waiting on the perfect person to come, they will not come. If they do, you will not recognize them because you are looking too much into "what could be" instead of what is. Things very rarely ever just fall into our laps.

Upvote 0

.Mikha'el.

7x13=28
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
May 22, 2004
British Columbia
✟1,004,574.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single

I know God has his hand on my life, and I'm very comfortable with where I am at socially and spiritually.

But, there is something about the thrill of a chase that I can't get enough of! I really like talking to girls. If I see someone I like, I try to make it my goal to say hi or talk to them.

At the same time, a wiser self on the inside tells me to wait and that God will bring me the woman I'm supposed to marry when the time is right.

I know the Bible doesn't say there is anything wrong with speaking to a woman in the hopes of dating and marriage, but I want the opinions of my fellow brothers and sisters in Christ.

What say you?

Sitting around and waiting for Him to bring you "the One" is a recipe for a lifetime of loneliness. If you never meet woman, how will you ever hope to find her?

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟299,059.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Chase her.

Chaser her with an ax while wearing a viking helmet and screaming praises to Odin.

I'll chase her with a WW2 Tiger tank..... Assuming she cannot run faster than the antiquated tank

Anyway, I think if you own a running vintage WW2 tank, it's probably women who'd be chasing you! ---Only hoping, I haven't really seen women chasing tank guys lately, nor guys who have toy tanks.

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟299,059.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
If you watched the movie, Fury, then all you will need is a chocolate bar.

That and a time machine back to the 40's..... Women of today doesn't just want a chocolate bar!

They want your whole undivided attention too!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟299,059.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single

What say you?

There's a tendency for our culture to have men chasing women, but less so these days. You could either wait or "chase". Waiting takes longer though, obviously.

But waiting also takes skill, lots of patience, and open eyes. God does send people. You just need to open your eyes :) What you're looking for isn't always what God intends for you.

Upvote 0

redblue22

You Are Special.
Jan 13, 2012
✟73,841.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
The last time I said I was out meeting girls with some friends, the pastor squeezed my hand tight enough to let me know he was not in favor. Of course he then sat down with his WIFE!

The one you are supposed to marry? Have you been to a psychic or something? Waiting for what?

Upvote 0

MotherFirefly

May 10, 2016
U.S.
✟43,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
As everyone has said, 'waiting' is generally not the most successful way to encourage something to change.
I could be wrong, but I imagine random women don't often come knocking on your door? Unless you're into mail-women. In which case, waiting is a perfect idea and eventually you'll get lucky!

Be confident and don't take this crap so seriously. :)

Upvote 0

Quad

May 20, 2017
Topeka
✟23,256.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

What say you?

I don't recommend chasing. I've chased A LOT in past, and when it comes to finding your soulmate, it's best to wait and let love take it's natural course and find you.

Depending on the situation, pursuing someone can be stressful, and you may not get the desire or satisfaction you want out of it. If you let love happen naturally, you raise your chances of finding the right person for you.

God understands that you want a wife that loves you, a lot of men do; and you will receive her, and she will receive you, all in due time. God will give you a soulmate, but we must continue to believe and pray in the lord until he's ready at the right time.

Sometimes, I would ask the lord, "God, I'm eager to know what my wife would look like, could you please give me any clues that I could relate to?" Not much longer, I felt communication within my holy spirit that God answered my prayers, and I started to get an idea of what she may be and look like. I know it sounds hard to believe, but I recommend praying for things like that. It will help set your soul at ease until the meantime.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

kittysbecute

Pokémon Master
Jun 3, 2007
Somewhere over the rainbow, where skies are blue
Visit site
✟159,449.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
I read the thread title as "Cheese or wait", the answer is definitely cheese.

In regards to OP, I'm pretty sure things don't work out exactly the same for everyone. So I don't think we could give a right or wrong answer to your question. There is a time for waiting and a time for persuing. Just seek God's will and guidance in everything.

Upvote 0

ReesePiece23

The Peanut Buttery Member.
Sep 17, 2013
✟288,277.00
Faith
Christian
You don't wait for friends, business associates, acquaintances or mentors do you? You meet them by going out and living without any real conscious direction. You just pick them up on the way.

Those who want a partner, but don't. Are usually those who worry about the minor detail, wait until they have formed the 'perfect plan' and then avoid ever talking to them when push comes to shove. It's not natural.

Be passionate and autentic. The rest will happen as a by-product.

• Agree
Reactions: timewerx
Upvote 0