Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
The facts by themselves don't matter, but conclusions you draw from them, and how you build your society based on the knowledge of facts.

The facts are the world is full of people who gravitate and prefer to be with their own race, their own culture, their own traditions and like-minded people.

Racism is not illegal, nor is it unique to any one race. Listening to a race of people for eons whining about racism and calling others racist, while hurling racial slurs, is old and worn out and about as interesting to me, as a loud annoying tv commercial.

God Bless,
SBC

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,106,853.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Excellent idea;

Maybe you could post your suggestion to the City Council of Charlottesville, Va

Submit a Comment to City Council | City of Charlottesville

God Bless,
SBC
It's really up to the people of Charlottesville and SC. I'm sure they have already thought of this. NC has done it by moving a statue to a civil war cemetery.

The mayor of Charlottesville, Virginia, wants the statue of Confederate Gen. Robert E. Lee removed from the city’s center,.....
He said he is calling on the governor to convene an emergency meeting of the state General Assembly to allow Charlottesville to remove the statue.

Charlottesville mayor calls on state to allow removal of Robert E. Lee statue

Upvote 0

mukk_in

Yankees Fan
Site Supporter
Oct 13, 2009
Vellore, India
✟664,706.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
From Breakpoint:

by: John Stonestreet & David Carlson

The nation is reeling from Saturday’s chaos in Charlottesville. The Church cannot sit this one out.

The book of Revelation, chapter 7, gives us an extraordinary vision from God of the Kingdom of Heaven in its fullness: “a great multitude … from every nation, tribe, people and language, standing before the throne of God and before the Lamb. They were wearing white robes and were holding palm branches in their hands. And they cried out in a loud voice: ‘Salvation belongs to our God/who sits on the throne/and to the Lamb.’”

What we saw this past weekend in Charlottesville was the exact, fiendish opposite. Crowds filled with hate, bent on violence. We saw not dazzling robes of white washed in the blood of the lamb, but the stains of red from human blood spilled in demonic anger.

I learned of what happened Saturday afternoon after landing in the Dominican Republic, where I’ll be teaching this week. Yesterday on BreakPoint, we promised part two of our series on the American suicide epidemic, and we will pick that up tomorrow. But today, facing the specter of racism in our country, it’s time for moral clarity.

And here it is: As my BreakPoint co-host Eric Metaxas tweeted over the weekend, racism is the very antithesis of the love of Jesus for all. I’ll expand on that thought: every racist ideology, including the white nationalism and neo-Nazi rhetoric and images displayed by the so-called alt-right in Charlottesville, is rooted in the pit of hell. There’s no defending it. It’s not Christian. It’s not American. And it ought not even be associated with conservatism.

And as My BreakPoint this Week co-host Ed Stetzer wrote at Christianity Today, it’s easy to say that there are “many sides” involved in violence and hatred. In fact, we Christians do well to call out the left-wing extremists like Antifa, who parade through downtowns smashing things. But Christ followers must also condemnthis act, this protest, this violence in the strongest possible terms, and I’m grateful for those political and religious leaders who claim the name of Christ who wasted no time in doing so. The world needs to hear that clear Christian witness.

And still, these events make it painfully obvious that, while we need deft and courageous political leadership, it’s the Church that’s most needed now. Politics will not save us from ourselves. As one evangelical adviser to President Trump, Johnnie Moore, told CNN, “The right remains too passive and the left remains too political when it comes to ethnic divisions in this country. One side underestimates the issue and the other side provokes further conflict. Both sides distrust each other. This must end if we are to find national healing.”

I’m glad President Trump finally identified the alt-right by name, but his delay, especially in light of his long history of Twitter specificity, is an example of the passivity Moore described. As Senator Orrin Hatch tweeted, “We should call evil by its name. My brother didn’t die fighting Hitler for Nazis to go unchallenged today.”

Look, America has a race problem. Political parties, special-interest groups, and the media aren’t helping. In fact, too often, they make things worse.

More at link: BreakPoint: Charlottesville, Racism, and the Gospel
Couldn't agree more brother.

Reactions: redleghunter
Upvote 0

SBC

Jul 9, 2017
US
✟38,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
It's really up to the people of Charlottesville and SC. I'm sure they have already thought of this. NC has done it by moving a statue to a civil war cemetery.

The mayor of Charlottesville, Virginia, wants the statue of Confederate Gen. Robert E. Lee removed from the city’s center,.....
He said he is calling on the governor to convene an emergency meeting of the state General Assembly to allow Charlottesville to remove the statue.

Charlottesville mayor calls on state to allow removal of Robert E. Lee statue

Perhaps they will move the statue of Lee, and appropriately erect a big statue of the mob that accurately represents the people of the City against American history and whites.

God Bless,
SBC

Upvote 0

Yonny Costopoulis

Jul 22, 2017
Crete
✟60,005.00
Country
Greece
Faith
Ukr. Grk. Catholic
Marital Status
Married
It appears some think the division of the Union and Confederation was over Black people. When it was over Southern Sovereign States wanting the Federal government out of their business.
Yes. Business to stay out of was business of enslaving blacks.

Upvote 0

Yonny Costopoulis

Jul 22, 2017
Crete
✟60,005.00
Country
Greece
Faith
Ukr. Grk. Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Perhaps they will move the statue of Lee, and appropriately erect a big statue of the mob that accurately represents the people of the City against American history and whites.

God Bless,
SBC
What mob "against American history and whites"? Not see that mob anywhere.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA/Belize
✟1,748,098.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
MOD HAT

256064_6429f71273587ebdde5b1038d8c1ccf4.jpg

Some clean up was done. There was some blatant racism posted and responses to it.

Please stick to the topic. Any posts advocating one race as superior from now on will be addressed.

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,246.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
brinny said:
Antifa has BEEN domestic terrorists. Yet they CONTINUE, fully funded, while police officers are ordered to "stand down" and allow them to act out a tsunami of blatant hatred, bigotry, and viciousness, including coming prepared with bats, helmets, sticks, pepper spray, and eggs, etc. THEY are and HAVE been domestic terrorists. What they do is pre-meditated, and they are paid well to carry it out. Again and again and again and again.

Yet, when Soros, who pays them is mentioned....

*crickets*.
You are confusing Antifa with white supremacists. So sad!

Nice try.

• Agree
Reactions: 381465
Upvote 0

Yonny Costopoulis

Jul 22, 2017
Crete
✟60,005.00
Country
Greece
Faith
Ukr. Grk. Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Protesters protesting protesters ~
Not understand You said was mob "against American history and whites". Saw no mob of "Hate American history" signs at protest. Saw no mob of "Hate Whites" signs at protest. Saw pro black sign at protest but pro black not equal anti white. You understand?

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,450,958.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I personally don't care about any of those monuments even if you bulldozer them all today. I would only feel sad about the lost work of art by many sculptors, ironworkers, masons etc.

What I do worry about is peace and unity in the USA.

There must be steps taken for reconciliation and mutual understanding. Also, some real issues in the society must be taken care of for good. All of that takes hard work and many years, probably more than one generation of work. You definitely can't accomplish it during one night by removing some objects of art and history...

Fueling the existing divide by making it ever so much deeper is anything but wise...

There is no peace and unity in the USA. Not for a single day of its history has there ever been peace and unity in the USA.

There ought to be peace and unity in the Body of Christ, among those who call themselves by the name of Christ.

But there isn't, and that is the single failing of Christianity that I as a Christian have no excuse to present to non-Christians.

By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

PapaZoom

Nov 3, 2013
car
✟59,306.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Um, yes? Yes, the side that kill people is worse than the side that doesn't. I think that's something pretty easy for everyone to acknowledge, really.
Looks like you and a lot of other antifa fans got it wrong after all. I'm not surprised.

Upvote 0